Innovative Marine Aquariums

Zephs Zoo Haus !

ZephNYC

It's not for injecting insulin, I use an insulin pump, it is for inserting a tube that reads the sugar level of interstitial fluid for continuous glucose monitoring. http://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/products/...ucosemonitoring

The needle has the tube inside it, whereas my actual insulin pump's cannula is wrapped around its insertion needle.

Oh ok...now I get it. How often do you have to do that?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben
Oh ok...now I get it. How often do you have to do that?

Every three days. These sensors are only good for ~900 readings, so Medtronic has them kill themselves at 864 (once every 5 minutes for 72 hours). In the UK, the sensors are good for six days as of now, so I can't wait til they are available for here. When I go to change it out tomorrow, I'll get a pic of what it does to my stomach. :(

So... Jedi is a cyborg?

Yep. I've got two ports in me at all time, one with a tube coming out of it! :lol:

Yep. I've got two ports in me at all time, one with a tube coming out of it! :lol:

THats reminds me of when I was about 20 years old. I suffered a callapsed lung from inhaling too much ozone gas. I had a 20 foot flexible tube attached to my side, connected to a vacume machine, and had to walk around the house like that for a week.

jedimasterben

That sounds like it was tons of fun. I hate that I have the pump with a tube and I have to remember to grab it and clip it on me or else it falls and yanks on it and it hurts like hell, but its better than having to give myself five shots a day. I bruise each time I stick my stomach.

210 gal update:

Finally got the big Gigas clam in the 210 and what a job that was! Definitely a 2 man situation. I also changed ONE of the halide bulbs, so now only the left side has the yellow 10K and the rest is the puuuuuurfect blue that I love (14K). Now I can start adding sps colonies and begin strontium testing/dosing.

reef1.jpg

Yeah you do, I took many pictures for you.

Am I late to the party with needles in the abs stories?

When I was little, i was bitten by a stray dog once and the neighbors dog another time (and a couple other dogs other times).

The first two times the anti rabies shots (14 of them) were administered in my belly.

OUCH!. By the time I got to be a 3rd time veteran at being bitten by puppies, thankfully they took out a miniscule injection that required 3 doses in the arm or tush.

When I was little, i was bitten by a stray dog once and the neighbors dog another time (and a couple other dogs other times).

The first two times the anti rabies shots (14 of them) were administered in my belly.

OUCH!. By the time I got to be a 3rd time veteran at being bitten by puppies, thankfully they took out a miniscule injection that required 3 doses in the arm or tush.

I dont have a picture of the 210 with the clam in it with the old lighting. I think that was his request. To compare how the clam looks under 10K vs 14K.

Sorry I missed your call earlier, I will get back to you after dinner.

I once got stung by a bumble bee inside my mouth. I was eating one of those old charleston chews that were like 12 " long?? remember those? Well..I didnt notice a bee had landed on it. Now that really hurt. No shots though.

I once got stung by a bumble bee inside my mouth. I was eating one of those old charleston chews that were like 12 " long?? remember those? Well..I didnt notice a bee had landed on it. Now that really hurt. No shots though.

I got stung in a place that would make you cringe. Let's leave it at that. Also had to go to te emergency room after a day of becomiNg one with nature... Then part of nature got a little too intimate with me. (ticks!)

I got stung in a place that would make you cringe. Let's leave it at that. Also had to go to te emergency room after a day of becomiNg one with nature... Then part of nature got a little too intimate with me. (ticks!)

Im really sorry I read this while eating. I think imma barf now.

I was 8 or 9 years old when I got the 14 shots in the belly. Do I get a prize?

Yes, now report to the fish room to pick up your prize. the hand cuffs..uhh. i mean the prize is waiting.

:lol: Zeph I had no idea you roll so rough. Hmm.

You have no clue Batgirl.

oh no is that the bunny gone all bunnyzilla?

ha! Octobunny. Im designing tatoos.

can you make me a butterfly?

OMG...I made Lisa a butterfly and she already has it on her belly so I threw the sketches away or I would post them right now. Sure I can.

You have no clue Batgirl.

ha! Octobunny. Im designing tatoos.

I was thinking that would be a cool tattoo. It's got a related interest and is badass at the same time.

Sorry I ruined your appetite before :(

OMG...I made Lisa a butterfly and she already has it on her belly so I threw the sketches away or I would post them right now. Sure I can.

Yay. It's got to be representative of me. I am the butterfly. So what would I be? Saucy? Spiffy? Flighty?

Fragile? Colorful? Bold? Delicate?

My uncle is covered in tats, all but his first were his own sketches, and he even tatted himself and his dad. Came out really really good for somebody that's never touched a gun before, let alone doing it on himself. Rivals most of the proffesional parlors around here.

Back when I turned 18 I got my eyebrow pierced and my mom was mad because I didn't get a tattoo instead :D. I just can't decide on an image or body part that I want to live with for the rest of my life without deciding it's stupid in 20 years.

Archived