inTank Media Baskets

Zephs Zoo Haus !

ZephNYC

Whats up REEFERS?
So Ive been hanging out here lately, and it's been a friggin BLAST, but everyone keeps telling me to start a thread. So I guess i can start with some pics of my MaD ZoO HaUs!! These are my tanks as they look today. I did not want to show them yet because there really is not much in there. My Reefs are under heavy renovation to make room for some new ideas and themes. Im almost embarrassed to show them, but am looking forward to posting their progress as well. Please do not judge them as is. I have been out of the hobby for years but have some mind bending ideas. I will get into my hardware and filter systems next.

THis is my empty 210 reef. I have removed, sold or threw away almost everything but the fish. THis is going to be my main SPS tank. Lit by 3 X 400W halides. It looks yellow on the sides because 2 of the 3 halides are 10K bulbs, which will soon be replaced with 14K's.
210reef.jpg
softies.jpg
yumas.jpg

This is my 125 reef, which is inline with the above mentioned 210. They both share a 125 sump which I will get into later. This sytem will be for clams and lps and some sps. Somewhat empty at the moment. Also lit by halides only - 3x250W 14K.
dsc0611op.jpg
My Gonioporas.
dsc0618nz.jpg
Red Planet colony
redplanet.jpg
Top view of my MONSTER Gigas clam.
20120509201523980.jpg
More softies.
softies2.jpg

This is my 125G seahorse tank. You guessed it -a single 150W 10K halide.
seahorsetank.jpg
horses1v.jpg
dsc0563ya.jpg
orangespot.jpg

This is my dedicated clam quarantine system. Does it look bright enough? LOL. Its carrying almost 10 W. PER GALLON of halides ! 250W 10K halide + T5 Actinic.
dsc0666u.jpg
newmax1.jpg
dsc0597t.jpg
Rare true blue /purple squamosa.
dsc0596ak.jpg

I also breed Discus. Have to get some $$$$ back somehow ey?
dsc0616v.jpg
dsc0586q.jpg
dsc0590ln.jpg

This is Murtyl the turtle. My fed ex guy was going to dump him in the East river. I couldnt allow that.
dsc0629sj.jpg

Piranhas. This is how I dispose of people I do not care for. There are no cameras in this room. MUAHahahah!
dsc0623m.jpg
dsc0621s.jpg

Oh...and here is my future Nano. I agreed on a 20Gallon, but the little devil in me wants to go with a 55. And with the help of JediMasterBen I will be experimenting with Leds. I think.
dsc0693a.jpg

Oh..this is licorice. I call her jumpy jump. Shes a bad girl bunny rabbit. She realllly loves it when you rub behind her ears, but god forbid you should ever stop and she will give you a smack.
dsc0476g.jpg

Admin Note:Testing edits. Nothing else in this post has changed.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The clams were bad enough then I see the batfish and now an orange spotted filefish. Now you're just a dick!

If I wasnt a dick I wouldnt be so OBSESSED with CLAMS.

THanks for the response everyone!!!!!

jedimasterben

Zeph, I may regret asking depending on the answer, but I don't think I've seen the outcome of the smaller gigas clam... and I don't see it in any of the pictures... Is it ok?

omgomgomg Finally!

BATIFSH :wub:

What is the name of that plant? I have the same one!

I dont have a clue! its a house plant that sits on a shelf 5 feet above the tank. It vines down into that tank and all the way across the room into another. I never water it, it drinks from the the aquariums.

I dont have a clue! its a house plant that sits on a shelf 5 feet above the tank. It vines down into that tank and all the way across the room into another. I never water it, it drinks from the the aquariums.

Sorry to report it is gone. It developed a third hole in the mantle, so I called it a day.

Yeah I never water mine, but it just keeps growing

I had one next to my sump and it didn't even get burned from salt

Mother of god look at that huge clam!!!! How old is it? Oh and everything looks awesome!

THank you!!!! I've had it 6 years. I estimate its about 30 years old, seeing as they grow atleast 1 inch per year.

omgomgomg Finally!

BATIFSH :wub:

What is the name of that plant? I have the same one!

It's a pothos.

On a side note. That clam is AMAZING.

Archived