Coral Vue Hydros

The Keep-Downsize Coming

HVani

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No no no, 4 yellow headed jawfish.

Also I went to the LFS today, they just got an incredible shipment of corals in. I went in wanting go maybe get 1 coral but I walked out with 4.

I picked up

Electric Green Hammer(3 heads)

Zoa frag with bright orange and purple zoas

Red Plate Monti

Green/Blue acro

My very first acro, it was thrown in to sweeten the deal so I figured why not. I put it up high and already it's polyps are out so I take that as a good sign.

Everything looks awesome and they sent me a 4th jawfish :D One has a slightly beat up tail the other 3 look awesome.

omgomgomg How awesome are they?????? WOW!!! Wouldn't that be sweet if they formed two bonded pairs???? :happy:

I know!! That would be awesome :)

I tried feeding the jawfish this morning but they didn't eat. They are still freaked out from the trip I imagine. I'm gonna pick up some live brine to try tomorrow.

Lights are out in the QT tank so no jawfish pictures. They are doing well and eating brine right now.

I did take other pictures!

Full Tank Shot

Decemberfulltank_zpsc19c3150.jpg

New Cleaner Shrimp

newshrimp_zps4e02055d.jpg

New Red Rock Flower Anemone

nemgroupshot_zps3ca67309.jpg

New Hammer Coral

NewHammer_zps6f1bb857.jpg

My Clown's New Home

clownshouse_zps304920fc.jpg

Green Birdsnest

greenbirdie_zps5d268121.jpg

Maze Coral

prettyfavia_zps4f648386.jpg

Duncan Coral

duncandec_zpsbaf6ae15.jpg

Various Coral Group Shots

Reverseprism_zps3242029f.jpg

ZoosGroup_zpsc3210eff.jpg

Acro_zps0884a819.jpg

I forgot a picture. The star isn't actually that color it's just sitting under my magenta panorama module. I thought it was a cool picture though

neonstar_zps228a4d3b.jpg

Your tank has the best theme ever. the colors, the rock work, the placement of everything, even the shells on the sand all work together for a lair. I haven't been on here for a while but it was amazing to see the eel hanging in the dragons mouth. Jawfish pictures are past due though.

Thanks for the kind words :) No jawfish pictures though.

I had an awful day at work, came home and all 4 jawfish are dead. I try to do thing "right" with QT and I end up killing fish. I'm very frustrated right now.

jedimasterben

Did you give them sand and some cover? Jawfish need to have a burrow or else they freak the hell out. I found that out the hard way a while back. :(

I have been doing daily water changes and siphoning out the bottom. I don't think it was ammonia. They were fine this morning, even ate a few pellets. Then when I got home they were all dead. The live brine are still swimming around without issue. The water felt pretty warm so I wonder if it got too hot.

I had the tank set up with a lot of PVC pipe that they were using. They were getting bolder even though it had only been a couple days.

jedimasterben
I have been doing daily water changes and siphoning out the bottom. I don't think it was ammonia. They were fine this morning, even ate a few pellets. Then when I got home they were all dead. The live brine are still swimming around without issue. The water felt pretty warm so I wonder if it got too hot.

I had the tank set up with a lot of PVC pipe that they were using. They were getting bolder even though it had only been a couple days.

Hmm. I don't know then. I has a sad for you. :(

The Packer Game helped a bit :)

I have no idea what happened. I'm thinking about abandoning my jawfish plans. I'm thinking of trying a goby/pistol shrimp air instead. They would be easier to get a bit a hardier.

Deleted User 3
Haven't updated in a bit, things have been nutty

First my BSJ died and my clown goby and clownfish contacted ich from it. Since I could not remove all of my fish to treat I did the best I could and treated my clowns(the clown goby died).

The clowns got better and were added back to the tank. Since then all fish have been eating well with no sign of disease.

After loosing several zoas and palys to my messed up parameters, thing are finally back to normal. I'm considering adding some new coral soon.

I ordered an LED light from reefbreedeers, hopefully it will get here soon.

Not long after this my dog was diagnosed with cancer. Lucky it was only on her toe so she had it amputated. She's doing well now and is cancer free.

Tankwise since things are going well I order some jawfish from K&P aquatics. They will arrive tomorrow. I'm working on getting my QT set up today but it's slow going because I have the stomach flu.

So that's where we stand

Oh dear!

The Packer Game helped a bit :)

+1

Very sorry to hear about the jawfish, was excited to see 4 in one tank...

This!!!!! Oh crap and wtf!!!! I was so happy for you with the foursome (even though they weren't 4 BSJ's)!

Love the new FTS btw! Lol, your tank would look great without any coral and fish!

I'm still so bummed about the jawfish.

I've actually been focusing on other projects not related to reef keeping(I'm getting a new pet next month)

DO IT!!!

Eels are awesome

No work tomorrow! We are getting ready to be hit by a blizzard. I ran out today bought dog food and refilled a prescription. Should be good for a couple days. They are calling for 16 inches of snow :o

Here's where we stand right now at 12" of snow

My backyard

sanowday_zpsf7b993b8.jpg

Here's what it normally looks like

393631_2536983296574_1906457370_n_zps1d02d496.jpg

All that stuff on the patio is now under the snow.

Archived