• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's where we stand right now at 12" of snow

My backyard

sanowday_zpsf7b993b8.jpg

Here's what it normally looks like

393631_2536983296574_1906457370_n_zps1d02d496.jpg

All that stuff on the patio is now under the snow.

:o

We just got a "cold" front down here. It's in the low 50's high 40's. And that's way toooo cold for me. :lol:

We just got a "cold" front down here. It's in the low 50's high 40's. And that's way toooo cold for me.

I agree, anything below about 60 degrees is just miserable.

What a gorgeous tree!!!! Love the snow :happy:

lol It's about 32 here today. Not too bad. I can't stand anything below 20 though

Oh yes....that magic number 20 degrees F. You can totally feel the difference in the house when the temp drops below 20F. I was the same way. Above 20 and I was happy :)

The final amount of snow from the blizzard ended up being 18".

Sweet...enjoy it!!!!! For those of us who want it for Christmas and can't have it.

• 2 weeks later...

So finally an update!

Last week I dropped a coral I was trying to move back behind the rocks on the left side. The result was a slight rescape. I like it more now than I did. More room for corals :)

Things are going well in the tank. I'm waiting on a fish I ordered to come in at the store I work at. At the end of next month is a huge frag swap so I'm saving for that as well.

I did end up getting a new pet shortly after Christmas.

She is a corn snake and about 4 months old. She is so cool and really easy to take care of. She doesn't mind being handled eithger. Once she's grow I think she will be just gorgeous. Her name is Riven.

RivenDay1_zpsa2ec9a87.jpg

My thought process went like this when I decided on a snake.

I want a new pet.

What will my dog not eat?

Must not be furry

Birds are messy

Nothing that eats crickets

Something that doesn't mind being held

Easy to take care of

Doesn't eat live food

Something that doesn't get huge and eat the neighbor's dog

Taah dahh. A snake was the perfect pet.

In other news my planted tank has been doing amazing!! I know most people don't keep freshwater but I had to post a picture

planteddecember_zps660715dd.jpg

Now on to reef related things

New full tank shot

december30_zps2fe10bd0.jpg

Red rock anemone

redwhitenem_zps6f79e76e.jpg

Bubble tip anemone

bubbletipnem_zpsc6a68e8f.jpg

dragongroup_zps0cabe0f2.jpg

rightside_zps3bc1519b.jpg

Leftside_zps6b546d94.jpg

hammergrouping_zps9ed6828b.jpg

Deleted User 3

Wow! Thats crazy. And im freezing at 45 degrees. Stay warm .

Nice tank btw

It was -7 here this morning without windchill ha ha!

I'm Jealous of all your snow, we got about 8 inches that one day when some for 14", and then 4 inches the day after here in the center of wi, so it didn't look like as much since it wasn't all at one time and it had drifted because of wind.

Love your tank still, haven't seen your thread pop up for a long time ha ha!

Dude, that bubble tip anemone is one hella shiner!!!

How is your picasso doing? Tank's looking great.

Thanks! The picasso is doing great. Oddly enough this evening both clowns were cleaning a spot feaverishly. I'm pretty sure they are too young to breed but they seemed to be practicing.

It was -7 here this morning without windchill ha ha!

I'm Jealous of all your snow, we got about 8 inches that one day when some for 14", and then 4 inches the day after here in the center of wi, so it didn't look like as much since it wasn't all at one time and it had drifted because of wind.

Love your tank still, haven't seen your thread pop up for a long time ha ha!

Thank Tulip :)

You can have the snow. 8 inches is a nice amount, 18" not so much.

My parents live in Virginia and keep telling me how it's 50 degrees there while it's below 0 here. Annoying

Deleted User 3

Thanks! The picasso is doing great. Oddly enough this evening both clowns were cleaning a spot feaverishly. I'm pretty sure they are too young to breed but they seemed to be practicing.

Thank Tulip :)

You can have the snow. 8 inches is a nice amount, 18" not so much.

My parents live in Virginia and keep telling me how it's 50 degrees there while it's below 0 here. Annoying

I wish one time it would be like 4 feet... just one time...

Also, my friend David lives in GA... and he's always like 'only going to be 35 here'... im like... ONLY?!!?!? DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO!? So annoying... I'm just hoping it doesn't get majorly negative like it did Jan 2010 :S

Thanks!!

Happy New Year to you as well!!!

I hope this is better than last year :)

2012 was a great year for me. It'd be nice if 2013 is even better. I hope it is for you :D

It's supposed to be 69 degrees here, the rest of the week.....(ducks and runs :lol:).

Do you have any issue with your background showing bare spots? I did a very similar method when I built my turtle tank, and granted turtles are a bit more pain on the background (and I was using a mix of coconut fiber, moss and dirt) but I noticed below the water line most is bare.. luckily I used brown silicon to affix it instead of apoxy because I was worried about chemical leach.. This was before this method was tried and tested and found to be 100% inert.

I am planning on making one for my big reef tank and was debating on going with complete liverock with foam as only slight filler, doing a 100% diy rock with caves built in, or something like what you have.. Just curious if you would do anything different, or if you are totally happy with it.

Archived