ReefCleaners.org

The Keep-Downsize Coming

HVani

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank update:

Got an urchin and an army of snails is on it's way from Reef Cleaners. The algae already is looking better.

The eel is eating very well and is still awesome

My urchin is huge!

New corals came in today. I'll get some pictures once things open up a bit

Tank update:

Got an urchin and an army of snails is on it's way from Reef Cleaners. The algae already is looking better.

The eel is eating very well and is still awesome

My urchin is huge!

New corals came in today. I'll get some pictures once things open up a bit

Bump for pictures ;)

She gets fed tomorrow! I will try and get some pictures then of her. She goes nuts for silver sides and I can usually get her to come completely out of her den.

I know! The algae is looking so much better. Now between the tank maturing, urchin and snails it should be almost gone soon. I do have a couple places of cyano I need to figure out though :(

She was back behind the rock wall this morning. She actually moves all around the tank quite a bit. I'm surprised at how active she is.

Nope. She doesn't get close to the anemone at all. They get a little scary close during feeding time but it hasn't been a problem

I'm looking for the anemone. Is it on the left top above the Koralia? I'm so jealous of all your space. I was just talking with my brother today and mentioned to him how much I would like to upgrade for more space. I just don't want the work that comes with it. I could see myself with a 60g cube though, someday :)

I love 60 cubes! The 3 foot tank just fit better in the space though.

Yes the clown's nem is in the upper left rock structure. It isn't fully inflated because they lights hadn't been on too long when the pictures were taken.

I agree with Mark!!!!! I can't wait to see you get past that new tank algae syndrome phase. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. I wonder if it will take a little longer with the chemicals used for the rock wall?

I'm not sure. From what I understand it shouldn't but who knows. I can tell it's getting better and better. I vacuumed out some of the algae yesterday during a water change. I've already committed to just letting it run it's course without stressing. I think sometimes people get this algae in the beginning, freak out, then make it worse trying to "fix" it.

Hello,

Tanks looking good. What is the white coral, is that an anemone?

Thank you

It's a rock flower anemone (Epicystis crucifer)

-------------------------------------------------

Love the tank...The dragons head with the eel is fantastic! Following

I'm not sure. From what I understand it shouldn't but who knows. I can tell it's getting better and better. I vacuumed out some of the algae yesterday during a water change. I've already committed to just letting it run it's course without stressing. I think sometimes people get this algae in the beginning, freak out, then make it worse trying to "fix" it.

Yeah...you have exactly the right attitude. I think most of the "quick fixes" are solely due to impatience. Something that is not good to have in this hobby!!!!! Easier said than done though!!!!! I commend your willingness to just let it ride. It will definitely clear up in time, it just needs time :happy: Least it's not bryopsis!!!!!!

My girl sure is learning her feeding time!

She gets fed on Tuesdays and Fridays, usually in the evening. When I got home from work she was out and waiting for dinner!

My girl sure is learning her feeding time!

She gets fed on Tuesdays and Fridays, usually in the evening. When I got home from work she was out and waiting for dinner!

Awesome!!!!! Pictures!!!!! Hey...how's the veterinarians office job going??????

jedimasterben

I tried to get a pic of the little goby that I caught, but the camera can't focus on it, it's almost clear so it blends in with the sand better. Dumped him in today, though, so maybe in the coming weeks I'll have better luck.

Archived