Coral Vue Hydros

Ian's Dual-12" Cube Reef/Fuge w/Sump

Looselyhuman

I thought they differentiated cuz the one had the high fin like the male would have and the female's was short. My two would get a little violent. They'd even lock jaws sometimes.

Your new clown is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! Very nice decision with her!!!!!!

I can't wait to see your chromis palys. My next order with Morgan, I plan to include those, if she still has some. If not, I'll need to buy some from you eventually ;)

Anxiously awaiting your pictures!!!!!!!

Who knows, there could be several stages like "sub male" that we're oblivius to... Also mine were violent too, I shouldn't say they weren't, but it always seemed, idk, consentual. :D

Thanks! She is a babe. But, she's doing the typical new clown thing that's worrying me - hanging out at the top like she's hosting her reflection on the surface of the water. Also her shipping water was pretty cold, so I'm hoping she's alright - tomorrow should be a good indication. The BTA is looking pretty happy and healthy and ate a little lobster already. I'd say it's almost big enough for her to host it if she wants. Time will tell...

The chromis palys are open but I don't have a good angle on them yet. I will try to do some aquascaping tomorrow... maybe I will build them a little rubble pile so I can frag those easily. :)

So, I'll take more pics then. Kinda tired tonight honestly... Sorry!!

Actually, I did take a couple which I'll post just for you - but on my 10g thread.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have good reason to be tired after acclimating and caring for all that awesome new stuff!

Take it easy, take care of your critters, and have a Happy Thanksgiving. :)

You have good reason to be tired after acclimating and caring for all that awesome new stuff!

Take it easy, take care of your critters, and have a Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Thanks, you too - Happy Turkey Day, to everyone.

Great sexy picture!!!! Is that a new mushroom? A carlgrini (sp?) ? It's very pretty!!!!!

Yep carlgreni I think? I like it!

Yep carlgreni I think? I like it!

Yeah....that spelling looks correct! I love those mushrooms. I may get one of those too :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!!!!! :flower:

Hey, quick question about the St. Thomas shroom. I've seen a bunch of photos where they look a lot like a tiny BTA...is it just the photography, or do they actually have a BTA 'look' in person?

Hey, quick question about the St. Thomas shroom. I've seen a bunch of photos where they look a lot like a tiny BTA...is it just the photography, or do they actually have a BTA 'look' in person?

Yep they do! Flatter and more space between the "tentacles" but yep they have that look.

I am waiting for everything to be open and happy, all at the same time, then will take a few pics of the stuff from Morgan and my scaping..

Have you bought a replacement BTA yet?

I think you need this one:

http://www.philyouraquarium.com/product/ne...oxic-clouds-bta

Or the other green one with the orange tips.

That video you posted the other day of the clowns hosting the green BTA looked so nice. I think the color contrast of orange fish and green anemone is perfect :)

Ok, it's really hard to keep these two threads separate and focused. :)

What about this one (clickable):

IMG_7402-001.JPG

I did buy some of this last night: http://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Count-Plastic...s/dp/B0051VD0Q4

I guess I'll cross post this on my 10g thread later...

Ok, it's really hard to keep these two threads separate and focused. :)

What about this one (clickable):

Guilty as charged!!!!! Sorry!!!!! I'll try to keep BTA stuff in your 10g tank thread ;)

And YES!!!!!!!!!! That anemone is amazing. I hope you bought it!!!!!

Three tanks, two thread, I'm always confused........

I saw a couple of cool BTA's there.......Oh oops, wrong thread again.........:)

You're giving me BTA fever.

When hubby wants to know what the heck a BTA is and why it's on my Christmas list, I'm blaming YOU!

New pics! Lots!

FTS

IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

Angle and pass through shots:

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

Macros:

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

Discoball hell (aka SPS side under the LEDTRiC full spectrum):

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

SPS/Zoas:

M. hirsuta

IMG_3280.jpg

"rainbow" Hawkins echinata (it's actually normal color, but..):

IMG_3278.jpg

(ORA?) Tricolor valida from Morgan:

IMG_3277.jpg

Chromis Palys for Gena (sorry the lights + camera throw off the colors pretty badly):

IMG_3273.jpg

A. austera?

IMG_3255.jpg

Unknown tort-like thing:

IMG_3254.jpg

Unknown epic-ness:

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

M. setosa:

IMG_3251.jpg

Crabby:

IMG_3248.jpg

I'm pretty happy but there are two things on my mind:

1.) Too many frag plugs

2.) Have to prune macros and not sure where to start...

Anyway, enjoy!

Holy crap!!!! Things sure are looking might healthy! As you well know I love this set up!!!!!!

I don't like frag plugs either but I also don't want to risk damage by taking them off, so what I do is use a pair of "nippers" on the frag plug and glue what's left to a small rock and then glue that to the structure.

I don't know shiit about macros and trimming them, but I will be asking your advice on how to do it soon, so you better find out!!!! :)

Holy crap!!!! Things sure are looking might healthy! As you well know I love this set up!!!!!!

I don't like frag plugs either but I also don't want to risk damage by taking them off, so what I do is use a pair of "nippers" on the frag plug and glue what's left to a small rock and then glue that to the structure.

I don't know shiit about macros and trimming them, but I will be asking your advice on how to do it soon, so you better find out!!!! :)

Thanks Mark!

Yeah I did that in a couple of places but my tin snips are such a blunt instrument that it makes me nervous... I think at least a couple of the zoas I could probably take off with a knife - but on the other hand those are the ones that will quickly cover their plugs anyway. So, idk...

Ok will do. :)

Archived