Pod Your Reef

Ian's Dual-12" Cube Reef/Fuge w/Sump

Looselyhuman

Depends....does it have big claws? I had one with big claws (male) and he constantly was trying to catch my fish. I removed him. If it's a female with tiny claws..no problem! Have you seen him take swipes at the fish? I would just observe a LOT.

I'm pretty sure it's a female (small, straight claws not large curved ones). It hides most of the time so hard to tell if it's showing any aggression. What I worry about most is that it's nocturnal and the GBGs are probably wedged in little caves at night sleeping. I'm hoping it starts coming out more at feeding time so I can make sure it's getting some meat. I'll verify it's a female if possible too (found a sexing guide).

:scarry:

But algae is disappearing!

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's a female, I say no worries. I had one of each a few years ago. He wanted to eat only meat, and she wouldn't touch it. She was a vegetarian :)

Yay for disappearing algae!!!!!!

I'm loving this thread and your picture of your Green-Banded Gobies has definitely inspired me to make one my next addition to my 12g Nano. I imagine they are more vibrant in color IRL. Tank is looking great!

If it's a female, I say no worries. I had one of each a few years ago. He wanted to eat only meat, and she wouldn't touch it. She was a vegetarian :)

Yay for disappearing algae!!!!!!

I need to figure out a way to see his/her underside. I'm about to post a pic so you can see... He/she is big. :eek:

I'm loving this thread and your picture of your Green-Banded Gobies has definitely inspired me to make one my next addition to my 12g Nano. I imagine they are more vibrant in color IRL. Tank is looking great!

Awesome. Yes they are sweet little fish. Recommend two if you can (I like keeping more than one of anything whenever possible). Thanks!

Gorgeous....Awesome....mind blowing :lol:

Looks great!!!!!! I see a TOTM in your future :happy:

Your emerald looks like a male to me. That's my guess...just by the claws. My female had petite little feminine claws...that one looks manly to me :lol:

Gorgeous....Awesome....mind blowing :lol:

Looks great!!!!!! I see a TOTM in your future :happy:

Your emerald looks like a male to me. That's my guess...just by the claws. My female had petite little feminine claws...that one looks manly to me :lol:

OMG yer killing me. Male. TOTM. Killing. Me. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna be really pissed if he eats my GBGs. I gave him a ####load of nori a little while ago, going to keep him well-fed and start planning a crab trap. But hoping he'll finish off the last of the demon algae first. :fingerscrossed:

Ohhhhhh.....my rusty gobies have been getting busy!!!!!! :naughtydance: The brighter orange of the two has a giant round belly just like your GBG. I was soooo excited to see it today :happy:

Ohhhhhh.....my rusty gobies have been getting busy!!!!!! :naughtydance: The brighter orange of the two has a giant round belly just like your GBG. I was soooo excited to see it today :happy:

Nice!!! Pics or it didn't happen. I know how photogenic they are. :lol:

Kinky vibes I tell ya. ;)

Congrats!

Nice!!! Pics or it didn't happen. I know how photogenic they are. :lol:

Kinky vibes I tell ya. ;)

Congrats!

It's nearly impossible to get a good picture. I will try though. You can only see that ginormous belly when she shoots out from the rocks to capture floating food. It's soooo cool!!!!!! Least I know which is which now. She's brighter orange than the male.

It's nearly impossible to get a good picture. I will try though. You can only see that ginormous belly when she shoots out from the rocks to capture floating food. It's soooo cool!!!!!! Least I know which is which now. She's brighter orange than the male.

I'm just happy that you get to see them at all!

Have I mentioned that I just love this whole set up??? I can't believe that it all looks so mature already!!!

Are you dosing hormones in there??? :P

Have I mentioned that I just love this whole set up??? I can't believe that it all looks so mature already!!!

Are you dosing hormones in there??? :P

Thanks Mark! I think it got pretty mature while it was a lowly 10g, and I managed to get the densest macro growth into the right-hand tank so it looks lush and overgrown where it seemd more sparse in the 10.

omgomgomg Love the pics! Everything looks great & I'm super jelly :P

Aww, thanks Jaime. Don't be jelly. :P

I just spent $500 at BRS on:

1.) Booster pump for my RODI, just not getting enough pressure and am burning through DI resin

2.) Bubble Magus 3-part doser :happydance:

I love this hobby. Also, I hate this hobby.

I just spent $500 at BRS on:

1.) Booster pump for my RODI, just not getting enough pressure and am burning through DI resin

2.) Bubble Magus 3-part doser :happydance:

I love this hobby. Also, I hate this hobby.

Lol, I hear ya on the love hate thing.

Yep, I had to get a booster pump as well, but have not got the dosing stuff........yet. -_-

The picture with the gravid female, maybe you can try to get another one that is less blue and post it up on the photo of the month contest for November.

Everything is looking great, macros are such a beautiful touch to a tank IMO.

I can catch one of mine and steal a pom pom from him if you want.

:o

Pom Pom thief! :slap:

The picture with the gravid female, maybe you can try to get another one that is less blue and post it up on the photo of the month contest for November.

Everything is looking great, macros are such a beautiful touch to a tank IMO.

Nice. I will try. I don't see much of her (she's nesting), and getting them together like that is rare. I can snap a pic of him any time I want, because he spends about 16 hours a day chasing his interloping reflection. :lol:

Thanks Kat!

omgomgomg

My neons are expecting too. T'is the season :happydance:

Wow cool. Rusties and neons at the same time? And GBG going in with them too? I predict hybridized coral food in your tank's future. ;)

Wow cool. Rusties and neons at the same time? And GBG going in with them too? I predict hybridized coral food in your tank's future. ;)

No, no, no....GBG is going to a new home tomorrow. I will miss him, but it's for the best. He's a little chunk too. Someday I'll have another pair of GBGs...they are such sweet little fish.

No, no, no....GBG is going to a new home tomorrow. I will miss him, but it's for the best. He's a little chunk too. Someday I'll have another pair of GBGs...they are such sweet little fish.

Aww... I thought I read differently. :huh:

I would hate to lose mine. In fact I've been getting up every 10 minutes to make sure the crab hasn't caught one of them yet - in fact he's not even trying, very well behaved so far. My work is suffering all the same. :rolleyes:

Aww... I thought I read differently. :huh:

I would hate to lose mine. In fact I've been getting up every 10 minutes to make sure the crab hasn't caught one of them yet - in fact he's not even trying, very well behaved so far. My work is suffering all the same. :rolleyes:

I know the feeling of worrying about fish. I would do the same thing when my clown pair were babies in with the maxi minis. It was stressing me out big time :lol:

Archived