SaltCritters.com

Ian's Dual-12" Cube Reef/Fuge w/Sump

Looselyhuman

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks :happy: It's the pretty common (but awesome IMO) deep blue & purple with green skirt.

My first nem (in like 2002) was a rock flower. Have had tubes, BTAs, and a green carpet. Mini carpets were pretty much wishful thinking when I got out in 09. Those and Blue Ochtodes have been a pleasant surprise for me.

Anyway, I get the slippery slope thing. B)

I haven't seen any like that(at least for a decent price.) locally our 'common' is pink/green. I lucked out and got a orange/green for a steal.

How do the tube nems compare to the rock flowers and maxi minis?

That's what I've been talking about!!

Maybe a sanitizing wipe? Wrapped around the straight part of a plastic hanger maybe? Sounds weird but it might work.

I haven't seen any like that(at least for a decent price.) locally our 'common' is pink/green. I lucked out and got a orange/green for a steal.

How do the tube nems compare to the rock flowers and maxi minis?

Maybe a sanitizing wipe? Wrapped around the straight part of a plastic hanger maybe? Sounds weird but it might work.

I think I got it from LA Reefs on ebay for like $40. It looks exactly like this one: http://lucidcorals.com/snowflake/index.php...p;products_id=7

Tubes are bizarre. They are totally NPS but will eat about anything. Pack a nasty sting (hurts) and make a huge area of your tank off-limits for everything including CUC. Their exposed tube is always dirty. But under actinics they are gorgeous.

Edit: re wipe, maybe! Something like that for sure...

I think I got it from LA Reefs on ebay for like $40. It looks exactly like this one: http://lucidcorals.com/snowflake/index.php...p;products_id=7

Tubes are bizarre. They are totally NPS but will eat about anything. Pack a nasty sting (hurts) and make a huge area of your tank off-limits for everything including CUC. Their exposed tube is always dirty. But under actinics they are gorgeous.

Edit: re wipe, maybe! Something like that for sure...

That's a really beautiful nem :happy:

Maybe tube nems are not a good choice for my upcoming 12" nem/LPS cube then! Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, here we go - this is just a tease; maybe some more tomorrow after the dust settles. Still have more to do...

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

Aaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!!!! I want this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're killin' me here!!!!!!!! omgomgomg

OMG :bowdown:

That looks incredible!!!!!!! So this is what you've been up to? I've wondered where you've been :happy:

Aww, shucks. :blush: Thanks Gena. Yeah, the planning was the hardest part. Hoping for zero losses but we'll see.

The 10g was sooo neglected because I didn't see any reason to mess with it. Demon algae was allowed to run amok and it's just nuts how thick it gets. I tried to make sure most of the worst rocks ended up on the SPS side, and I have an emerald crab on the way... fingerscrossed

Aaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!!!! I want this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're killin' me here!!!!!!!! omgomgomg

Lol. I did it just to torment you. :P Thanks!! :D

I HAVE THAT SAME MINI MAXI!!

IMG_0475.jpg

B) I think it was always really hard to see it when I tried to photograph it under the LEDTRiC - blues always so washed out. It photographs much better onder the 1NW/2CW/2RB BoostLED IMO, although it doesn't quite pop as much to the naked eye...

Sorry to hear about all your troubles btw, excited to see what you do next.

jedimasterben
B) I think it was always really hard to see it when I tried to photograph it under the LEDTRiC - blues always so washed out. It photographs much better onder the 1NW/2CW/2RB BoostLED IMO, although it doesn't quite pop as much to the naked eye...

Sorry to hear about all your troubles btw, excited to see what you do next.

Skimmer will be offline soon. Switching 100% to deep sandbed, macro haven (with about 5000 lumens of illumination), and algae scrubber. :ninja:

Man Oh Man!!! I think it came out great!!!!! Can't wait to see this system mature.

Soon, all the boys and girls are gonna have a system like this.......I know I am. ;)

Man Oh Man!!! I think it came out great!!!!! Can't wait to see this system mature.

Soon, all the boys and girls are gonna have a system like this.......I know I am. ;)

Thanks Mark, can't wait to see it - looking good over there btw!

Fingers crossed for zero losses :)

I forget...how are they plumbed together? With a mutual sump?

Oh that reminds me........sump pics please. :)

Fingers crossed for zero losses :)

I forget...how are they plumbed together? With a mutual sump?

Looking good so far. :) Yep mutual sump, some pics forthcoming.

Oh that reminds me........sump pics please. :)

On the way.

Thanks! I can't wait to see some close ups :D

Ok I got a couple but waiting for the SPS side to get a little better on the algae front.

Love the pictures!!!!!!! I'm so glad you decided to go with this setup. It looks amazing!!!!! Did you end up "rescuing" those 3 sexy shrimp in the HOB filter?

SWOOON THUD!!!!!!

Sump (sorry hard to get better details):IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

Ian, why dyu have 2 pre filters for the Toms? Also I have the same jug that you are using for the ATO, but I'm using them for Alk and Ca for the dosers, should I drill a hole for the tubing? Right now I just have open lids.

Archived