ReefCleaners.org

Ian's Dual-12" Cube Reef/Fuge w/Sump

Looselyhuman

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great :flower:

Thanks Lady :blush:

Srsly, this system is the epitome of what I love to do w/tanks. I'm hoping to be able to do something similar w/a 40B someday.

That means a lot Weets... How about two 40Bs, or a 40B and a 20L, both set up as peninsulas, maybe in an L shape? B)

In other news, I accidentally fragged my tricolor last night... Found crabby on it, and was beating him with a glass turkey baster (under the obvious notion that crabs can learn from corporal punishment :rolleyes:) when one swing missed and took the entire top off the frag. I SWEAR I wasn't hitting him that hard, just taps. One of those things... Yeah, I'm an idiot.

I have no idea what to do with this crab. Can't kill him, can't live without him.

So, macro side after pruning:

IMG_3328.jpg

I have Halimeda again!

It looks delicious...like cotton candy :happy: Really gorgeous!!!! Glad you can enjoy your halimeda again!!!!

In other news, I accidentally fragged my tricolor last night... Found crabby on it, and was beating him with a glass turkey baster (under the obvious notion that crabs can learn from corporal punishment :rolleyes:) when one swing missed and took the entire top off the frag. I SWEAR I wasn't hitting him that hard, just taps. One of those things... Yeah, I'm an idiot.

I have no idea what to do with this crab. Can't kill him, can't live without him.

Oh man!!!! Sounds like something I would do :lol:

Thanks Lady :blush:

That means a lot Weets... How about two 40Bs, or a 40B and a 20L, both set up as peninsulas, maybe in an L shape? B)

I might steal that peninsula idea one day... :huh::D

Ouch. I hate it when stuff like that happens. I managed to crunch the skeleton on my neon green torch over the summer trying to putty it to a rock. I was so ticked. $50 dollars in aussie LPS I got on a day trip to Jax and nothing lived past 2 months :angry:-_-

What if you stuck crabby-cakes in the macro tank? (unless it's a macro-munching species...)

It looks delicious...like cotton candy :happy: Really gorgeous!!!! Glad you can enjoy your halimeda again!!!!

Oh man!!!! Sounds like something I would do :lol:

Haha yeah that "Burning Bush" (Halymenia sp - according to Inland Aquatics) is pretty gorgeous under high light. It looks more like normal Halymenia under lower lighting - but a little shaggier and without the flourescent orange highlights. Anyway, thanks Gena!

You? Never. ;)

I might steal that peninsula idea one day... :huh::D

Ouch. I hate it when stuff like that happens. I managed to crunch the skeleton on my neon green torch over the summer trying to putty it to a rock. I was so ticked. $50 dollars in aussie LPS I got on a day trip to Jax and nothing lived past 2 months :angry:-_-

What if you stuck crabby-cakes in the macro tank? (unless it's a macro-munching species...)

B)

Euphyllia are really easy to crunch that way. I've done it!

He would definitely chow on some of those macros, especially the Halymenia and probably the "Red Dragon" stuff. He might end up in the sump fuge - although I have some stuff in there I would have to move too - or the 10g. But the big problem is that he's keeping my sps/zoa rock free of demon algae. :(

Ian has grand behbes!!!!!! Congratulations! The pruned tank looks beautiful. I see you're taking a page out of my book and employing a little beating stcik. Uh huh, trendsetter I am.

Glad you don't have nudibranches.

BUT IT'S SO FAR AWAY!!!

;)

Aww, poor Ben. :grouphug:

Ian has grand behbes!!!!!! Congratulations! The pruned tank looks beautiful. I see you're taking a page out of my book and employing a little beating stcik. Uh huh, trendsetter I am.

Glad you don't have nudibranches.

HAD. Had grand babies. Then my gorgs and pods had them for dinner. :o

Hey I've been abusing reef inhabitants since at least 2003! You just brought me into the open.

Put me on the list for the Halymenia!!!!! I'll find a place for it in my tank ;)

Done, will trade for some of your dragon's breath. Also I should hopefully have some chromis palys for you (have already gone from 3 to 5!) so we can maybe trade some other stuff too. B)

Aww, poor Ben. :grouphug:

HAD. Had grand babies. Then my gorgs and pods had them for dinner. :o

Hey I've been abusing reef inhabitants since at least 2003! You just brought me into the open.

Done, will trade for some of your dragon's breath. Also I should hopefully have some chromis palys for you (have already gone from 3 to 5!) so we can maybe trade some other stuff too. B)

You got it!!!!! It's really warm right now up here (70s). I could send you some DB this week!!!! If you aren't ready to send yet, I can wait. You can pm me your address.

You got it!!!!! It's really warm right now up here (70s). I could send you some DB this week!!!! If you aren't ready to send yet, I can wait. You can pm me your address.

Awesome! Let's wait a little if that's OK? I have a lot of things in flux right now, want to see how they turn out. We should hopefully have a pretty mild winter anyway..

Will PM now tho.

Awesome! Let's wait a little if that's OK? I have a lot of things in flux right now, want to see how they turn out. We should hopefully have a pretty mild winter anyway..

Will PM now tho.

I can wait :)

Nope.

Midas:

IMG_2484.CR2.jpg

Ha, yeah, I didn't think so. That's what Coral Collection sold them as, but they were dirt cheap. Although, maybe they look just like yours under normal lighting. Mine is anything but.

Hey, nice stuff!

Lol, most of my frags have been "accidental" so far.

Thanks!

:)

I saw those King Midas on their website. Weren't they WYSIWYG and like $9? I'm sure they are Midas, just look different under your lighting. They look like they could be Midas, to me.

Nice color variety! Hornets are so pretty ^_^

Hoping the hornets make it. 2 days open 3 days closed. I did some dipping and re-arranging last night. :fingerscrossed:

Also, OMFG. Crabby molted and literally grew 2x - claws even more. :eek:

Archived