inTank Media Baskets

Ian's Dual-12" Cube Reef/Fuge w/Sump

Looselyhuman

I saw those King Midas on their website. Weren't they WYSIWYG and like $9? I'm sure they are Midas, just look different under your lighting. They look like they could be Midas, to me.

Sorry Gena, missed this. Yep those were the ones. This is how they look on their site - obviously not the same as Kat's:

300.JPG

I'm not a big follower of the named varieties of anything. My internal convo was like "what to fill out my anemone cart with? ooh hornets cheap.. ooh midas, i've heard of those and they're pretty and cheap too..." :)

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry Gena, missed this. Yep those were the ones. This is how they look on their site - obviously not the same as Kat's:

300.JPG

I'm not a big follower of the named varieties of anything. My internal convo was like "what to fill out my anemone cart with? ooh hornets cheap.. ooh midas, i've heard of those and they're pretty and cheap too..." :)

Very pretty zoanthid. King Midas zoanthid has a yellow skirt and a purple rim around a yellow oral disc.

300.JPG

I think they sent you the "Queen Midas". A prettier and more feminine version. I like them either way. And I'm all for pretty and cheap too :D

I think they sent you the "Queen Midas". A prettier and more feminine version. I like them either way. And I'm all for pretty and cheap too :D

The Queen Midases are doing pretty well and I'm hoping they one day look as good as that pic. Also my Hornets are still hanging in. fingerscrossed

Love the design of this tank! :D Keeping up with this thread for sure.

Thanks! Welcome aboard. :)

Last-minute pre-update photo dump!

Gobies are all spawny, They'll lay eggs tonight I think. I got some decent pics of them together. Massive dump follows. Please excuse the glass. It was scrape or capture the moment.

IMG_3386_zps80218749.jpg

IMG_3387_zpsd2cf00fb.jpg

IMG_3388_zps764c40d0.jpg

IMG_3389_zps81aa1efa.jpg

IMG_3391_zps400bd08f.jpg

IMG_3393_zps30d29366.jpg

IMG_3395_zpsf4124c9f.jpg

IMG_3397_zps8db2f131.jpg

IMG_3398_zps8bf48dbc.jpg

IMG_3399_zpsb02ae3e5.jpg

IMG_3400_zps6156465f.jpg

IMG_3401_zps9cafd61c.jpg

IMG_3403_zps1027c2ca.jpg

IMG_3404_zpscba8560c.jpg

IMG_3410_zps35d6e085.jpg

IMG_3411_zps3d7bfbfd.jpg

IMG_3412_zps1a797691.jpg

IMG_3416_zps56c9e32a.jpg

IMG_3417_zps8e25be31.jpg

Best for last:

IMG_3418_zps99665065.jpg

Also, random scary crab claw:

IMG_3406_zps063f5579.jpg

IMG_3407_zps8ca59292.jpg

Great pictures, Ian!!!! I was going to quote and say I like the 16th. picture down best, but I can't figure out how do it yet :unsure:

I also want to respond to your pm and can't figure out how :lol: Good grief!!!!!

that would have been a great entry photo. They look awesome.

Thanks Kat. :)

Great pictures, Ian!!!! I was going to quote and say I like the 16th. picture down best, but I can't figure out how do it yet :unsure:

I also want to respond to your pm and can't figure out how :lol: Good grief!!!!!

Thanks Gena! Yeah I probably should have broken up the post anyway, but I was rushing against the doomsday clock. :lol: I don't know how to do that yet either...

Re: PMs, I read in Chris' release notes that old PMs are there for reference but that we have to start new conversations to reply, so, yeah... :huh:

Thanks Gena! Yeah I probably should have broken up the post anyway, but I was rushing against the doomsday clock. :lol: I don't know how to do that yet either...

Re: PMs, I read in Chris' release notes that old PMs are there for reference but that we have to start new conversations to reply, so, yeah... :huh:

I hit quote and it doesn't give html but the whole picture. I guess maybe highlight and delete the photos you don't want to reference? I seriously dislike change :lol: The old site felt like my comfy cotton flannel lounge pants...now I'm wearing skin tight leather and I'm so uncomfortable :lol:

Thanks for the heads up on the pm thing. Just know I'm not ignoring your pm ;)

• Like 1

I hit quote and it doesn't give html but the whole picture. I guess maybe highlight and delete the photos you don't want to reference? I seriously dislike change :lol: The old site felt like my comfy cotton flannel lounge pants...now I'm wearing skin tight leather and I'm so uncomfortable :lol:

Thanks for the heads up on the pm thing. Just know I'm not ignoring your pm ;)

Haha! That's some imagery. :lol: I feel ya. ...on the change thing I mean! I think this site has remained relatively unchanged from the first half of the last decade. How's that for perspective?

I think fewer images per post are becoming a must. But, another thing I read today in the announcement thread... Reply to this and notice that there is a little icon in the top left of the editor control - the very first one, next to the eraser. I have no idea what it is supposed to be, but click it anyway. Better? :)

Edit: Also, see here regarding posts with lots of images.

Edit again: Apparently deep-linking right to replies is not working either. Here is what Chris said:

Our new post editor has some issues with editing large posts with lots of photos, I have a request in with the developer to try and find a solution. Unfortunately with it being a holiday week, it may take a little time to get an answer.

That button to the left of the eraser is JUST what I needed. :)

That's some perspective too. The only change to the site, in all those years, has been the header on the homepage. It took a little time to get used to that too!!!! THIS change, however...is out of control :lol:

Hey,

Love the tank! I'm thinking about setting up a small reef and I love gobies :wub: How active are your GBG ? Were they difficult to feed or has everything been a breeze?

Thanks!

Hey,

Love the tank! I'm thinking about setting up a small reef and I love gobies :wub: How active are your GBG ? Were they difficult to feed or has everything been a breeze?

Thanks!

Thanks!!

They are always doing their thing, which usually involves hooking up. I definitely recommend a pair (or just get two that are young). They aren't frenetic except when the male is in aggro mode and fights with his reflection for hours at a time. :)

Highly recommended.

• Like 1

man i really want banded gobys now

You should get them. I saw you were thinking about the pair of red heads.. GBGs have more personality IMO - like more than anything that size should have. :D

Archived