SaltCritters.com

Stones & Roses

jball1125

Oh if only I meant Zero Tolerance...think more gaudy with pointless etching and aluminum slab handles...the other other ZT. Now that you mention them though, you can never have too many EDC options...what's $450 amongst friends?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I finally got my bubble tip to a better spot. Only problem it is now in very close proximity to my favorite acan colony. The question is, Acan VS Bubble Tip. Who will win?

Gotta say they seem to be taking it pretty well. Watch them though, the neme might not be going all aggro yet. Once it gets settled it could get ugly. Your right thou, I'd hate to lose those acans and I generally don't like em very much.

Gotta say they seem to be taking it pretty well. Watch them though, the neme might not be going all aggro yet. Once it gets settled it could get ugly. Your right thou, I'd hate to lose those acans and I generally don't like em very much.

Ill keep an eye on them. I was hoping she was going to settle in a bit further left but you know nems, never a dull moment.

Was able to remove the nem and place her in a basket. Dont even know where to try and put her. I think I might sell her to fund some more rock flower nems, dont know yet.

Was able to remove the nem and place her in a basket. Dont even know where to try and put her. I think I might sell her to fund some more rock flower nems, dont know yet.

if you want rock nems, i've got just the guy and he is local. Let me know if you want some,

I know what you mean by being overprotective. I am the same way with a couple of my pieces.

That BTA is amazing by the way. Can't remember if I told you that already or not :D

I know what you mean by being overprotective. I am the same way with a couple of my pieces.

That BTA is amazing by the way. Can't remember if I told you that already or not :D

Thanks Gram. :)

Jeez the weekly mexican turbo additions are really getting to me. This creature is so illusive, Ill stay up at night with a flashlight and still cant find him.

Any chance a really big brittle star could be killing these large snails? Just pulled a turbo out that I added to the tank on Monday. It was actually not even eaten, the cap was shut but when I opened it, it was putrid on the inside. The cap wasnt attached to anything and there was nasty goo and what looked like two big chunks of snail. The smell was repulsive, I literally had to hold my breath the entire time. I really dont think it could have died and decomposed so rapidly, I almost feel like w.e is killing them is injecting some sort of digestive enzyme/poison into them. I dunno I just want to keep the danm turbos alive so they can eat the PITA turf algae.

Ok so I am done taking chances, I removed the brittle star, hopefully that was the culprit. I have seen several threads on other forums about the green ones causing havoc on inverts, fish and even corals. This one wasnt the green type but she sure was big.

jedimasterben

It's not brittle stars (which are the spiky ones) with the 'issue' of being predatory, but serpent stars (the smoother ones).

It's not brittle stars (which are the spiky ones) with the 'issue' of being predatory, but serpent stars (the smoother ones).

:/

Well, I could think of a lot worse problems :)

I predict an upgrade in your future as you'll soon need a bigger tank!

Been contemplating it for some time. I'm trying to hold off till I get a bigger place and jump straight into a 180 or 250

Lies.

Hehe sorry crazy busy lately.

My original one

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/jball1125/media/Fish/IMG_1766_zpsfa35dd53.jpg.html'>IMG_1766_zpsfa35dd53.jpg

My third one. She gets shadowed big time by The Green Goblin (my second one) and has gotten a little dull so I might move her elsewhere.

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/jball1125/media/Fish/IMG_1762_zpsafdd7313.jpg.html'>IMG_1762_zpsafdd7313.jpg

And the newest addition

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/jball1125/media/Fish/IMG_1763_zps06b3723d.jpg.html'>IMG_1763_zps06b3723d.jpg

Here is the Acan I mentioned, has gone from 2 polyps to over 10, cant tell in the pic because of the angle but I luvs it.

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/jball1125/media/Fish/IMG_1767_zpsed87f006.jpg.html'>IMG_1767_zpsed87f006.jpg

IMG_1763_zps06b3723d.jpg

LOVE it. I can honestly say that I haven't seen one like this before. Do you get these at your LFS?

Also, good luck moving that other one. I gave up trying to take mine off of rocks haha

Archived