Innovative Marine Aquariums

Stones & Roses

jball1125

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gorgeous tank! We are very similarly stocked with flowers, macro, LPS and SPS :). And rics too :).

Yea, except you dont have all the nuisance algae. :unsure:

Seriously though, these RFA are awesome, if only they were fraggable.

Yea, except you dont have all the nuisance algae. :unsure:

Seriously though, these RFA are awesome, if only they were fraggable.

You have nuisance algae? I didn't see any at all. I have bubble algae that is probably going to get out of control before too long, in my tank :lol:. It's always something. I don't believe anyone has a perfect tank. I've learned to live with the imperfections now...kinda :).

I hear you on the fraggable.

This little tank has been through its share of weird algae issues. Luckily I have been able to beat them all, unfortunately only to find a new algae problem. You can't see it in the pics too well but the latest is brown hair algae everywhere. The worst part is I can't keep snails alive for some reason.

I sound like I'm ranting huh. Lol...... I really can't complain too much, all I do are weekly water changes and feed the clowns pebbles.

You have nuisance algae? I didn't see any at all. I have bubble algae that is probably going to get out of control before too long, in my tank :lol:. It's always something. I don't believe anyone has a perfect tank. I've learned to live with the imperfections now...kinda :).I hear you on the fraggable.

Hmmm, 'brown stringy algae'? Snails dying. Dinos?

Yes brown stringy algae and snails dying. What you thinking?

Nano sapiens

'If' you have dinoflagellates, some species are toxic. Do the strings have air bubbles inside? Do they have the consistency of nasal mucus?

Just dropping this here for my own records. AKA bad memory.

Added a dozen turbos 6/9/14. We will see how long they last.

IMG_1323_zps1f896934.jpg

Wow I was about to say that this piece hadn't grown at all and then I started looking at old tank pics.

Been thinking of going bare bottom, any tips? I'm thinking I'll just siphon out a bit with each WC but interested if anyone has any different ideas.

I like the rock scape on this tank! a lot of corals for such a small area hopefully they dont grow to fast!

I like the rock scape on this tank! a lot of corals for such a small area hopefully they dont grow to fast!
I don't seem to have a problem with fast growing corals. :P

Why are you thinking of a bare bottom tank?
I don't like the dirty patchy sand look I'm getting now. Also seems that all my sand has slowly moved towards the back, leaving a thin layer in the front and a big mound behind my rockscape.

Looks like Im going to have to give the new torch some more space. Opened up much bigger than it was at the LFS

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/jball1125/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-06-09154408_zps7ab708c1.jpg.html'>2014-06-09154408_zps7ab708c1.jpg

Going to have to trim that dragons breath today or tomorrow. Its running into the sps and they dont like it.

Jedi you can see here what I mean about the patchy sand.

Archived