Top Shelf Aquatics

Stones & Roses

jball1125

Yea my lfs gets the craziest I have seen, they supply a lot of other sellers. I just wish they would give a discount for buying so many off of them. Lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Haven't been around too much lately, been pretty busy with school, work and other hobbies.

Finally got the pesky macro algae under control. The key to doing that was adding big Mexican turbos until they stoped dying. I'm not sure if my theory that some creature was killing them was accurate or not but if that was the reason for my snails dying then the creature has since deceased. I have had two big Mexican turbos working hard for the past 3 weeks. I must say the big guys are kinda rough on frags but they eat any algae you put in front of them.

I have also recently cut down on water changes to see how that affects growth, we shall see.

I'll try and get a picture either tonight or tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Just a small update while Im logged in.

The turf/macro algae is under control thanks to the turbo snails. Im having to add new ones every 3 weeks or so due to die offs but I dont really have any other options. Im not sure why all my snails die tbh.... Im thinking predator but I am only going off of one sighting and it might have just been a scavenger. My hermits do just fine....

I have cut water changes to 40% every 2-3 weeks and I am seeing a bit more growth although at the cost of more green algae.

Overall though I am happy, very minemal maintenance, all I really do is the water changes and feed the clowns once a day.

The next project will be to make a new lid. My current lid is made of very thin plexi and I am tiered of the warping.

Ill get a galaxy pic once the lights turn on.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update. I was running into some green cyano problems. As soon as I spotted it I cut down on feeding, manually removed it and upped WC's. To no avail, after a few weeks it had started to creep onto my corals.

I tend to shy away from any additives but my LFS recommended a product called Chemiclean. The stuff is like magic. One small dosage and two days later all the cyano was gone. Didnt harm any of the inhabitants so I am happy.

• 2 weeks later...

My original Misbar clown jumped. :(

RIP little buddy

Not much space for him to jump but somehow he did. Going to build a custom top to cover every corner of the tank, this is the second clown I loose since I have had this tank and third time I have had one jump out.

Archived