Top Shelf Aquatics

Stones & Roses

jball1125

Still not much change, hair algae is still a pain in my but. Clown is sitting alone for now till I find her a mate. Cat chewed up my apex display wire, again. I tried fixing it but no luck.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nano sapiens

Still not much change, hair algae is still a pain in my but. Clown is sitting alone for now till I find her a mate. Cat chewed up my apex display wire, again. I tried fixing it but no luck.

Tank looks good, but looks like you are having a few 'challenges'.

I have an area or two that has a bit of hair algae. If I keep nutrients at a lower level my single hermit keeps it mowed, but if I overdue the feeding then he can't mow fast enough and I have to manually remove some of it.

The cat...that's a whole different matter. Anything you might be able to spray on the cord to keep it away?

Tank looks good, but looks like you are having a few 'challenges'.

I have an area or two that has a bit of hair algae. If I keep nutrients at a lower level my single hermit keeps it mowed, but if I overdue the feeding then he can't mow fast enough and I have to manually remove some of it.

The cat...that's a whole different matter. Anything you might be able to spray on the cord to keep it away?

Thanks NS

I was able to conquer the hair algae problem. It had to completely take down the scape and scrub everything with a toothbrush. Took me about 3 cycles with a heavy water change regime. I also removed the bulk of my sand, there is still some left but I'm removing it slowly. I lost some palys and a few shrooms during the process but mostly because the algae had covered them up pretty bad.

I'm going to take the tank in a different direction now, mostly nems with the exception of a few blastos and acans that I really like and don't want to sell. I'll keep them in their own little corner till I get another tank to move them to.

As for the cat, I think what happened was that the alarm for the controller went off and drove him crazy, I turned off the alarm and he hasn't paid any attention to it since replacing it.

I'm having trouble taking pics with my new phone but I'll try and get a FTS soon.

Here is a crappy FTS. Things are still a bit messy but the plan is all RFA on left and BTA on right. As you can see the new BTA decided to hide in the back and is now stretching but hey, what can you do.

2d46bf8e-1e95-4023-89b2-9ede0d4992c6_zps

Be careful here. If your bta decides it's been cramping it's style it might go for a walkabout and your nems are toast.

Be careful here. If your bta decides it's been cramping it's style it might go for a walkabout and your nems are toast.

Didn't know they were that sensitive to BTA. Ill keep an eye on it.

Here is a crappy FTS. Things are still a bit messy but the plan is all RFA on left and BTA on right. As you can see the new BTA decided to hide in the back and is now stretching but hey, what can you do.

2d46bf8e-1e95-4023-89b2-9ede0d4992c6_zps

Awesome shot! I hope everyone plays nicely :).

Awesome shot! I hope everyone plays nicely :).

thanks Gena!

I wonder how severe the damage would be and if it's likely for her to be confrontational.

Course I don't know what kind of light you have but w/ my Par38 bulb I put masking tape over a couple of the blue leds then I was able to take better pics.

Course I don't know what kind of light you have but w/ my Par38 bulb I put masking tape over a couple of the blue leds then I was able to take better pics.

Yea I can take off some Blue it's just a pain to go through the controller and change the settings. My Galaxy never gave me problems, I mean Its not that blue in person but the iPhone seems to get really thrown off by them.

Yea I can take off some Blue it's just a pain to go through the controller and change the settings. My Galaxy never gave me problems, I mean Its not that blue in person but the iPhone seems to get really thrown off by them.

Yeah, I do pretty well w/ my Galaxy too. I can't take some pics w/ my NIkon camera from 2007 but I can w/ the phone because of the zoom.

Nice, that one in the middle looks good size and I like the blue in it. How big? 3"?

Yea that one is right around 3"..... She has some interesting blue and some orange lines going through her but you cant catch it in my pics.

Dialing down the blues helped by the way.

Sometimes I take almost under all white cuz my camera still makes it come out more blue. I also like that little one in the book and the bright white striping on the one upfront.

Sometimes I take almost under all white cuz my camera still makes it come out more blue. I also like that little one in the book and the bright white striping on the one upfront.

Thanks!

I have another pink one but shes hiding in the back. Ill try and mover her soon but I want to let the tank settle for a while before I start stressing it out again.

The BTA looks happy, shes been eating and puffing up nicely.

e1b505b0-a28e-4d58-9ef5-cb70a587f09c_zps

To my surprise though, thr foot is unattached.

IMG_0670_zps70efb879.jpg

Shes been like this for at least 24 hour without migrating. Is this normal?

Well the BTA reattached her foot to the same spot she was before. Guess she changed her mind about moving.

Does anyone know if acans will grow there skeleton horizontally along a tank floor?

jedimasterben

Well the BTA reattached her foot to the same spot she was before. Guess she changed her mind about moving.

Does anyone know if acans will grow there skeleton horizontally along a tank floor?

They grow significantly faster across a flat surface since they do not need to add nearly as much mass to the skeleton.

They grow significantly faster across a flat surface since they do not need to add nearly as much mass to the skeleton.

Awesome! Thats what i wanted to hear!

Archived