SaltCritters.com

Stones & Roses

jball1125

That sucks about the acans, were then ones from me? Glad to hear the bowerbanki is doing good tho, it is a slow grower for sure especially without alot of feedings. Definitely a good looking piece tho so glad it wasn't touched :)

No no it was another colony.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been absent these past months because of school and work. Still pretty busy but Ill hop on to say the tank no longer contains RFAs. I must have done something wrong because they all started to move non stop. I gave away the ones I could find, the others hid very well and I am assuming they either died or are hiding really well. Still not sure what caused the crazy move but it sucked.

The tank now contains some acans, blastos, euphylias and macros. Ill get some pics when I get a little more time.

Don't make us wait too long for pics :flower:.

So I have about 6 or 7 sexy shrimp in the tank. I constant see them fitting around my Acans and even my frogspawn. I can't really tell if they are just cleaning around it or eating it? Paranoid much? They have incredible appetite the little buggers, I always try to throw some pellets to the corner of the tank for them. I absolutely love how they look, they are always out in the open shaking their butts, however, i am contemplating getting rid of them for the previously mentioned reason.

Looks fantastic! Those blastos :wub:.

I would get rid of those sexies ASAP. I bet they were harassing the RFAs and that's why they started moving on you. I'd bet money on it ;).

Looks fantastic! Those blastos :wub:.

I would get rid of those sexies ASAP. I bet they were harassing the RFAs and that's why they started moving on you. I'd bet money on it ;).

I did think of that but they always seemd so peaceful around the nems.....

So I have about 6 or 7 sexy shrimp in the tank. I constant see them fitting around my Acans and even my frogspawn. I can't really tell if they are just cleaning around it or eating it? Paranoid much? They have incredible appetite the little buggers, I always try to throw some pellets to the corner of the tank for them. I absolutely love how they look, they are always out in the open shaking their butts, however, i am contemplating getting rid of them for the previously mentioned reason.

I am the same way with my peppermint shrimp in the seahorse tank. I love them but some of my favorite zoas aren't opening and the peppermint hang around there since it's near the seahorse bowl. Then I start to wonder, "are they eating more than stray mysis that gets away from the seahorses"? I actually saw one big one grab the live feeder ghost shrimp. I was kind of horrified that they are cannibalistic! Not as horrified as I will be if I know they are eating my zoas though.

I am the same way with my peppermint shrimp in the seahorse tank. I love them but some of my favorite zoas aren't opening and the peppermint hang around there since it's near the seahorse bowl. Then I start to wonder, "are they eating more than stray mysis that gets away from the seahorses"? I actually saw one big one grab the live feeder ghost shrimp. I was kind of horrified that they are cannibalistic! Not as horrified as I will be if I know they are eating my zoas though.

I'm seriously evaluating the effectiveness, or lack there of, of shrimp hermits and crabs. They seem to do more damage half the time. The tiny organisms that we don't see in the aquarium may be much more effective and less harmful.

So the sexies are not exactly easy to catch. Any ideas for trapping them?

A net! That's how I caught mine in the past. You need a big net. Scare them with tweezers (or something) using one hand and hold a net in the other. When they jump off of what ever they are sitting you grab them with the net! I caught like 6 in a row with that method..it was super easy :).

Shrimp are on my NO list now. They are a PITA. All types of shrimp. I had a spotted anemone shrimp that I rehomed because I'm almost positive it was picking on my flower anemones. They are just like sexy shrimp....trouble makers :).

The only crab I allow now is the pom pom crab. Never had any issue with them. Oh..and the porcelain anemone crabs are ok too :).

A net! That's how I caught mine in the past. You need a big net. Scare them with tweezers (or something) using one hand and hold a net in the other. When they jump off of what ever they are sitting you grab them with the net! I caught like 6 in a row with that method..it was super easy :).

Shrimp are on my NO list now. They are a PITA. All types of shrimp. I had a spotted anemone shrimp that I rehomed because I'm almost positive it was picking on my flower anemones. They are just like sexy shrimp....trouble makers :).

The only crab I allow now is the pom pom crab. Never had any issue with them. Oh..and the porcelain anemone crabs are ok too :).

Caught 4 of them while doing a water change today, just sucked them up with the hose. Have them a breeder box. Will try and catch the rest tomorrow when they come out of hiding.

Now that they are in the breeder box. It seems that I have some gravid females.

They are jerks but they are so cool. I should do a dedicated carpet anemone, sexy shimp, porcelain crab and macro alage tank. :wub:

Caught 4 of them while doing a water change today, just sucked them up with the hose. Have them a breeder box. Will try and catch the rest tomorrow when they come out of hiding.

Now that they are in the breeder box. It seems that I have some gravid females.

They are jerks but they are so cool. I should do a dedicated carpet anemone, sexy shimp, porcelain crab and macro alage tank. :wub:

Hah....they went for a ride.

Sounds like an awesome tank to me :).

When you go through the effort of dodging your fat clowns to target feed your corals only to have them spit it out once you've already washed your hands.

Wrasse LOL

Looking good man. Everything looks nice and happy :)

Haha not sure any wrasse would be happy in a 12 gallon with two clowns. But yea it would have some fancy first meals in my tank. Ive been able to catch 5 of them so far. The 6th one got away and is on to me. GOing to be awhile before she forgets.

:wub:

perfection!

Thank you :)

Archived