inTank Media Baskets

Stones & Roses

jball1125

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Acans, are those blue eyed blonde zoas?

Thanks. Yes, I dont remember the exact name but I know that it contained blonde in it. :D

looking good man. fts soon?

Thanks Jr, Ill get an FTS when everything is settled in. I wanted to wait till all the turf was gone but Ill probably take it anyway since its not going anywhere in a hurry.

FishDooD65

Thanks. Yes, I dont remember the exact name but I know that it contained blonde in it. :D

awesome! i love those, where do you get your coral and stuff from?

awesome! i love those, where do you get your coral and stuff from?

I got these from Frag Junky. My first time going over there and I am very impressed, they have everything from "nice" to " crazy I wish I could afford it".

Most of my other stuff has come from Carlos (Southside Corals) and the Rics came from Ally (Reefchick.com)

I very rarely buy from LFS, frankly because they are a little overpriced, only thing that has come from LFS are fish, inverts, hammer and one of the blastos.

What part of Miami are you in?

FishDooD65

I got these from Frag Junky. My first time going over there and I am very impressed, they have everything from "nice" to " crazy I wish I could afford it".

Most of my other stuff has come from Carlos (Southside Corals) and the Rics came from Ally (Reefchick.com)

I very rarely buy from LFS, frankly because they are a little overpriced, only thing that has come from LFS are fish, inverts, hammer and one of the blastos.

What part of Miami are you in?

i am in west kendall near the walmart but i used to live off bird and 67ave. I have bought from most of the stores but its true most of the time they are overpriced lol.

i am in west kendall near the walmart but i used to live off bird and 67ave. I have bought from most of the stores but its true most of the time there are overpriced lol.

Cool stuff, I live by Miller and 137 ave so not far from you. If you ever want to go frag buying just pm me and ill send you Carlos and Ally's #, they are the two closest.

FishDooD65

Cool stuff, I live by Miller and 137 ave so not far from you. If you ever want to go frag buying just pm me and ill send you Carlos and Ally's #, they are the two closest.

awesome bro, I appreciate the help.

So the turf algae is starting to take over again. Nothing has changed except the removal of the emerald crab. I took him out because I had never observed him munching on it but he was tearing my dragons breath macro to pieces. Perhaps he was the one taking care of the turf for me? I guess Ill have to add another one and hope for the best.

Do you know what's causing the algae?

Unfortunately no, all params are ideal and for the last couple months I have only been feeding the clowns w/ pellet food.

light schedule?

On at 11:30am with a 60min ramp to full and off at 9pm witg a 30 min ramp to moon lights and then completely off at 1am

Nice Acans, are those blue eyed blonde zoas?

Maybe thats a little overkill. I run my lights full only 6 hours.

You might be right, im goingo try reducing the photo period to 6 hours on full.
FishDooD65

You might be right, im goingo try reducing the photo period to 6 hours on full.

I think that's a great idea. why don't you slowly ramp up for like 2 hours before to simulate sun rise, then 6 hours full, and then 2 hours dim out till darkness or moon light.

I think that's a great idea. why don't you slowly ramp up for like 2 hours before to simulate sun rise, then 6 hours full, and then 2 hours dim out till darkness or moon light.

Just did that, hopefully its not too late, stuff is coming back with a vengeance.

Nano sapiens

Here are is the goni and other blasto I didnt show last time.

IMG_1433_zpsa73d0e01.jpg

IMG_1434_zps9dba96f9.jpg

Very nice additions! Especially like the Blastos.

Went out of town for the long weekend, just got back today and thankfully everything looks good. Im excited to see some new polyps here and there but sadly also some more growth of the turf, Ill be adding an emerald back in to see if he was the one doing the job. Im going to have to find a place for my macros where he wont be able to get to them...

Those corals look sick! Sweet colors

Thanks man.

So I thought the nem had attached but apparently not, it got blown to the back of the tank :angry: . Ill have to go reaching in tomorrow, Anyone know how long these guys take to attach?

FishDooD65
Thanks man.

So I thought the nem had attached but apparently not, it got blown to the back of the tank :angry: . Ill have to go reaching in tomorrow, Anyone know how long these guys take to attach?

Slow down or shut off the flow in your tank. That will give the nem time to attach its foot. Thats what I did with my carpet and long tentacle nems when they did not want to attach. To remove them/detach its foot, you blast them with flow.

Archived