Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stones & Roses

jball1125

Don't get a peppermint.

I agree. Especially in a small tank, they can be real pests.

For the Aiptasia, you can also cover the pest's hole (and any nearby holes) with epoxy or super glue.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. Especially in a small tank, they can be real pests.

For the Aiptasia, you can also cover the pest's hole (and any nearby holes) with epoxy or super glue.

Cool tip bro, I'll give the glue a shot tomorrow since I don't have any syringes laying around. Thanks

A shot of my birdsnest. I feel like it should have more polyps. Hopefully it gets fuller soon.

It looks ok. They look a bit sparse when they are small frags and look a lot fuller once there are a lot of branches. It also may still puff up a bit.

Btw, I love your clownfish and that's such a great shot you got of it. My clown are always blurs in my photos.

So I want to add a non coral inhabitant to the tank. Any suggestions? I am already planning for a clam, I am just waiting for the right one.

Got a big colony of blastos. A couple plates and some zoas. Will post pics up soon...

Oooh, blastos! Squee!

As for invert additions, aside from your clam what about one of the ornamental feather dusters? They can be tricky to feed though...

Oooh, blastos! Squee!

As for invert additions, aside from your clam what about one of the ornamental feather dusters? They can be tricky to feed though...

Yea the blastos are sweet. They are a deep red with a really small neon green mouth. I will try and post pics soon. I really want to add one of those red star fish but I dont want to introduce something that cant survive in my tank. I keep hearing conflicting opinions on them.

Ok some quick pics, the long tentacle plates sway way too much for my camera to get a good pic, ill turn the pumps off next time. The blastos are in the back of my tank right now because they are on a huge piece of rock that I am still trying to figure out how to cut. I tried hammer and screwdriver but its very dense stuff.

IMG_0809-1.jpg

IMG_0808-1.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

So I tried fragging the blastos off the huge rock and I split two of the heads. Hope they make it. -_-

FYI - Blastos are prone to bacteria infections when damaged and I've had them fall off a rock and soon after be consumed by bacteria. In one of Sprung/Delbek's books they recommend Melafix as a cure.

The tentacles on that plate are so pretty. I've heard they can be delicate so I'm too chicken to get one. Maybe a short tentacle plate one day.

That's a gigantic piece of rock the blastos are/were on! Hope your injured ones make it.

The tentacles on that plate are so pretty. I've heard they can be delicate so I'm too chicken to get one. Maybe a short tentacle plate one day.

That's a gigantic piece of rock the blastos are/were on! Hope your injured ones make it.

I got a decent deal on them so I could not pass them up. Yea the rock the blastos were on was huge! I really hope they make it to, they were a pretty penny.

OOOOOoooo i love the LTPs!

Thanks, Im not really a fan of the short tentacle plates, the long tentacle plates however, I love! If I had more space, I would make a LTP garden!

Nice tank man, i want an MP10 more than ever now :D... as for the clam ive been keeping a blue Crocea clam in my 9 gal for a month and a half now. so far so good.

So I have been thinking about rescaping my tank. I like how it looks but its really not ideal for coral placement. The top rocks are creating way too much shadow on the rocks beneath and I am running out of placement options. Ill probably do the rescape on Friday which is when I do WC's, we'll see how it goes. Ill also kill two birds with one stone and epoxy some of the rocks down.

Boo to not liking short tentacle plates ;)

New long tentacles look nice, though!

Hey I never said I didn't like them, just not a fan :P

Seriously though there are some nice ones out there but having short tentacles its hard to actually notice them unless you are looking at them from the top.

Archived