Top Shelf Aquatics

Stones & Roses

jball1125

Thank, its just rock rubble. I have been removing the original seeding rock slowly.

The newest clown decided to jump out of the small opening in the back of the tank. R.I.P.

Didnt find a carcass so I am assuming my cat had an expensive lunch.

:o That sucks man. I get worried about that with mine too, already found one of the clowns in the second chamber once.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you make a lid out of plexiglass?

Yea but it wasn't thick enough so it warps a lot. I'm going to make a thicker one soon that will also cover the back ends by the filter.

for real?! clown jumper?! i think you should have something for a clown to host next time around so he/she will stay in one area :)

Yea that's what in saying. What would you suggest as a host? I have a hammer in the back but no sure he wants to host anyone. I really ain't want something that will move around my tank.

Bummer...RIP.

I know.... -_-

Forgot to mention that I am almost 100% sure my cat picked him up when he jumped because his poop smelled really bad that night. For some reason fish makes my cats poop smell worse than anything else. When I feed chicken or turkey all is good but dare I feed him salmon or tuna and his poop and the smell is punching you in the nose..

Beautiful ricordea! Do you plan on getting any more?

Thanks, yea I love rics, I plan on turning that entire left section into a huge ric garden.

Acans FTW!

This is a well thought out tank, doesn't look like you cut any corners, now you just need to mod the AC70 with a fuge and get a sump lol

Acans FTW!

This is a well thought out tank, doesn't look like you cut any corners, now you just need to mod the AC70 with a fuge and get a sump lol

Thanks, I took my time getting into this hobby, months and months of research. Hopefully in a few months it will look how I envision it.

I do plan to mod the AC70 soon but this one is staying sumpless.

Learning to play around with the settings on the camera a little bit, the capabilities arent great but its still fun. The zoas are still really hard to photograph, I think its because they are small and far away from the glass.

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

I'm sorry, not to be rude but i laugh every time a reefer says "research"

Sounds like me when I was ten and getting a tank. Surfing on the internet, although beneficial, for three hours before going to bed is not research. That is just what reefers do, we are frugal with cash but when we spend, we go nuts. Make a lists and checks them twice, write out plans, then throw them away b/c your LFS just got a badass fish. We love to look at every picture and read every review, fun and educational, yes, but research, nah give me a break. :P

Next time consider throwing your money at a DSLR, they're some serious fun :D

I'm sorry, not to be rude but i laugh every time a reefer says "research"

Sounds like me when I was ten and getting a tank. Surfing on the internet, although beneficial, for three hours before going to bed is not research. That is just what reefers do, we are frugal with cash but when we spend, we go nuts. Make a lists and checks them twice, write out plans, then throw them away b/c your LFS just got a badass fish. We love to look at every picture and read every review, fun and educational, yes, but research, nah give me a break. :P

Next time consider throwing your money at a DSLR, they're some serious fun :D

I respectfully disagree.

Going to a page that tells you how to cycle a tank is not the type of research I am talking about. I am not new to the aquarium hobby by any means, just SW. By research I mean making sure that the money I spent went into a tank I would like to keep for a while, making sure the equipment I bought would not be quickly outdated, looking at mistakes people made, comparing and contrasting different equipment. Drawing, planning out, trying to keep redundancy to a minimum. I am pretty good at not buying fish or corals on impulse, been there done that in other hobbies.

When I first got into FW fish I decided I would go straight to the big boys fish, the Discus. A couple days of research did me no good. I still ended up spending hundreds of dollars and ended up with stunted ugly fish. Joining forums reading through mistakes and paying attention to what the more experienced people had to say was what eventually taught me the things I needed to know. So yea, research might not work for some but for most it usually saves a lot of money and headache.

Talking about discus, I miss them so I will post photos for the heck of it.

DSC00201-1.jpg

DSC00201-1-1.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

2010-08-07201300.jpg

2010-08-30163646.jpg

2010-08-30163725.jpg

2010-09-15193742.jpg

2010-09-15193636.jpg

Archived