Innovative Marine Aquariums

Stones & Roses

jball1125

Hey jball - just a few thoughts here. First - looking awesome man. You chose a really nice variety of corals to start off with. Here comes the rant...

Second - the MP-10 hate in this thread is a little ridiculous. I suspect that the people suggesting against one have never actually had one (or at least had one in a small tank). The Koralia set-up costs around $110 before shipping. Its got some simple controls and looks to do what it says. However, its a horrible option if you are concerned with the amount of equipment in your tank. These would take up about 4 times the footprint of an MP-10.

To the poster that mentioned them costing a fraction of the price of an MP-10 - thats kind of misleading. I paid $185 and $190 (both including shipping) for the last two MP-10s that I purchased. Not only do they look better than the Hydor Koralia's but they have a lot more functions as well.

I see these in picos pretty routinely. I kept one in my last nano (12g rimless - link in sig) and ran it on Reef Crest mode at 30-40%. It did a great job of producing random flow (not alternating flow) and if I had a larger grain or barebottom sandbed I could have ran it higher.

Let's not even talk about resale here. If you do it right, you could buy one new and sell it tomorrow for a profit on these forums.

Ok - rant over. You won't regret the MP-10 one bit if you go that route :D.

$185 and $190 shipped are great prices. Were these new?

The egg crate top combined with a fan will help a lot. Expect your top off frequency to increase.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$185 and $190 shipped are great prices. Were these new?

The egg crate top combined with a fan will help a lot. Expect your top off frequency to increase.

Thanks for the advice, I am thinking of drilling a few holes in the plexi glass. I think it will look nicer than eggcrate. The fan is a must for sure, and the controller will help with keeping the temps stable. I have found that most aquarium heaters are terribly calibrated. :)

Thanks for the advice, I am thinking of drilling a few holes in the plexi glass. I think it will look nicer than eggcrate. The fan is a must for sure, and the controller will help with keeping the temps stable. I have found that most aquarium heaters are terribly calibrated. :)

Are you worried about fish suicide? No top at all would look better. Especially with it being rimless.

Playing catch up here. Just realized that you have an MP10.

fu*k having a lid. ive never had one on any of my tanks and never had a fish jump.

Im not that worried about the fish jumping out, Im more worried about my cat going for a dive. I wish I could leave it lidless, looks much better.

wish i could say the same my misbar clown took big jump the other night :(

Bummer man.

Im not that worried about the fish jumping out, Im more worried about my cat going for a dive. I wish I could leave it lidless, looks much better.

Funny story about that -- I have a plexi-glass lid, too, because it's the only thing sturdy enough for my cats. One day I was feeding the fish.. I had the top off, and my cat decided it was all clear to jump up. Boy was he surprised when he realized he was headed into 30 gallons of water. I've never seen him jump so high, or run so fast in the opposite direction. Everything in the tank was alright, but my cat didn't come out from under the couch for a good few hours. I think it's probably safest for your tank and your cats to keep a lid on it for sure. Although, my cats still somehow maneuver the lid so that they can get to the back with the filtration. One of my cats has a real thing for filter floss. :rolleyes:

Funny story about that -- I have a plexi-glass lid, too, because it's the only thing sturdy enough for my cats. One day I was feeding the fish.. I had the top off, and my cat decided it was all clear to jump up. Boy was he surprised when he realized he was headed into 30 gallons of water. I've never seen him jump so high, or run so fast in the opposite direction. Everything in the tank was alright, but my cat didn't come out from under the couch for a good few hours. I think it's probably safest for your tank and your cats to keep a lid on it for sure. Although, my cats still somehow maneuver the lid so that they can get to the back with the filtration. One of my cats has a real thing for filter floss. :rolleyes:

LOL. Cats and their curiosity, never a dull moment.

So here is a FTS.

IMG_0663.jpg

I cant wait till things start to grow in so they are visible from far.

Side shot

IMG_0662.jpg

Thinking of adding some acans soon, maybe some blastos or dunkans. Im open to addition suggestions.

For the knife lovers. My Busse B11 and some rum n co........conut.

IMG_0653.jpg

Here we go. Again forgive for the crappy pics. Clowns are not easy to photograph!

Clowns are impossible to photo! Lol, at least when they're young. Maybe when mine get old & lazy they'll slow down a bit.

Acans.

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

Beautiful! That green Acan is siiiiiiick. I love green.

Thanks, I love acans!

The new clown seems to be loving his new home, fist day in and he/she has is already flirting with the other clown.

I love your clowns! Misbars are wonderful specimens :wub:

Thank you Gramopone. I too am very fond of misbars. The newest clown was labeled as a caramel, he has some very nice dark colors that don't really show that well in my pics. I will need to upgrade to a dslr soon to be able to take decent pictures.

Well I got the apex in today. Been playing with it for hours and have to say this thing is kinds annoying to understand. Hopefully ill get the hang of it soon.

Ok so I got the apex up and running on my network and it controlling pretty much everything in my tank. Only thing I cant figure out is how to get it to send me emails. I followed the instructions in the manual but its not sending them out. Any hints?

Thank, its just rock rubble. I have been removing the original seeding rock slowly.

The newest clown decided to jump out of the small opening in the back of the tank. R.I.P.

IMAG0607_zps198f83b1.jpg

Didnt find a carcass so I am assuming my cat had an expensive lunch.

Archived