inTank Media Baskets

Stones & Roses

jball1125

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is an updated FTS:

IMG_0771.jpg

Random shots, still practicing with my camera but I am pretty pleased at the shots I am getting with it considering it's a P&S. A tripod I think might help a little.

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Thanks!

I added my first SPS today. A green birdsnest frag. I'm testing the waters to see how they do in my tank.

Birdsnests are my favorite! Excellent choice :happy:

Yea I have always like birdsnest. Hopefully it does well and I can start filing the top portion of the tank with sticks. Right now the polyps are retracted (pissed). I will post a picture when it is looking better.

You ain't kidding there was definitely a lot of luck involved in that shot. I took it with the tracking function on my camera, it helps some for crazy clowns.

Mr. Microscope

The acan or the cerith? The acan will be fine. The cerith is lunch. I had the same thing happen the other day. I got a shot of it, though it's a bit blurry. Will load it up later.

Worried about the acan of course, lol. The acan is fine now, just a little full. Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure the tiny acan could handle it last night.

Mr. Microscope
Think I spotted a tiny aiptasia. :angry:

Oh well, perfect excuse to buy a peppermint.

Don't get a peppermint. You can just zap it with a syringe and some boiled water, especially if it's just one. Shrimp can be risky as they'll steal food from corals (and can even go after the coral itself). Plus, they're hard to capture if they go bad. Also, peppermints will eat aiptasia, but only if there is no other food source available. Hense, you have to starve your tank to get them to do their thing.

Don't get a peppermint. You can just zap it with a syringe and some boiled water, especially if it's just one. Shrimp can be risky as they'll steal food from corals (and can even go after the coral itself). Plus, they're hard to capture if they go bad. Also, peppermints will eat aiptasia, but only if there is no other food source available. Hense, you have to starve your tank to get them to do their thing.

Ok yea it sounds like more cons than pros. I am just worried about the aiptasia I cant see. What do you think about Berghia nudibranch? Seems they only eat aiptasia...

Archived