Pod Your Reef

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

Used to be that Sanders was the only name in skimmers. I still have a 2 metre tall one in the shop on my rock tank, still truckin' along after 30+ years of service.

• Like 1

Used to be that Sanders was the only name in skimmers. I still have a 2 metre tall one in the shop on my rock tank, still truckin' along after 30+ years of service.

They seem to be indestructible ... many of the original ones are still around ... like so many old timers I used them too

Albert

• Like 2

This is my vacation hatchery/feeder, it is a new design I am testing out. Basically it adds shrimp eggs every day to the thing and they hatch out throughout the day and feed the fish. it can work for a week, maybe two before it would need to be cleaned.

I have used this when I went to Hawaii and Europe and it worked well. (this is also in my book)

2015-04-24%2023.40.34_zpsij74gcil.jpg

• Like 4

2 more AI Hydra 26s installed and up and running this afternoon. We decided to use the 2 existing wall brackets rather than add 2 more and just used some flat alloy bar to link 2 lights together. This way it makes things much simpler to move the light to the side or back and keeps the wall brackets to just the 2. White LEDs have been turned down further to 50%.

20160208_183703_zpsi6tzoqks.jpg

20160208_183722_zpsyn93vube.jpg

• Like 2

I know, even my wife is a Stepford wife. I built her. :rolleyes:

:)

2 more AI Hydra 26s installed and up and running this afternoon. We decided to use the 2 existing wall brackets rather than add 2 more and just used some flat alloy bar to link 2 lights together. This way it makes things much simpler to move the light to the side or back and keeps the wall brackets to just the 2. White LEDs have been turned down further to 50%.

20160208_183703_zpsi6tzoqks.jpg

20160208_183722_zpsyn93vube.jpg

Nice ... very nice

Albert

-------------------

Are Fish in Nanos More Likely to Leap ? Good question Indeed !

http://www.saltwatersmarts.com/salty-qa-are-fish-in-nanos-more-likely-to-leap-6163/

Albert

• Like 1

Did you know the Chinese have knocked off your feeder?

Now I feel like I belong here, picked up a 12 gallon Aqua pod today . Now the modifications begin, lol. I need an old Sanders piccolo skimmer, I can't find mine. :(

I didn't patent the thing so they could knock off as much as they like. I could have it built and manufactured (IN the US) but I am not sure I will do that. I already have 2 patents and one factory to deal with.

• Like 1

I didn't patent the thing so they could knock off as much as they like. I could have it built and manufactured (IN the US) but I am not sure I will do that. I already have 2 patents and one factory to deal with.

Yes and minor changes on the feeder may have been it difficult to protect I think

Albert

:)

Nice ... very nice

Albert

-------------------

Are Fish in Nanos More Likely to Leap ? Good question Indeed !

http://www.saltwatersmarts.com/salty-qa-are-fish-in-nanos-more-likely-to-leap-6163/

Albert

Just ordered some 1/8" x 3/4" flat alloy bar to attach to the ends of the Hydras at the ends end on to hide the heat sink fins and make them look like half hydras and a lot more symmetrical with the middle 2

• Like 1

Been to one of my LFS this afternoon and delivered 13 Red Sea Pulse Xenia got £52 credit for them.

Bought 3 pep shrimps, 1 acro frag and a phosphate test kit. While there I also bought 2 small purple firefish and got a good discount on them. :)

• Like 2

Been to one of my LFS this afternoon and delivered 13 Red Sea Pulse Xenia got £52 credit for them.

Bought 3 pep shrimps, 1 acro frag and a phosphate test kit. While there I also bought 2 small purple firefish and got a good discount on them. :)

Looks like your tank is starting to make $$$ for you (well Pounds)

Albert

• Like 1

Looks like your tank is starting to make $$$ for you (well Pounds)

Albert

I have had approximately £270 so far in credit Albert from 4 different FLS's. My mate said get rid of he xenia and put more SPS in my tank. No ways as it's a good earner and pays for my hobby .....mostly

• Like 2

I have had approximately £270 so far in credit Albert from 4 different FLS's. My mate said get rid of he xenia and put more SPS in my tank. No ways as it's a good earner and pays for my hobby .....mostly

Nice ... that is indeed a nice amount to make from those Xenia !!!!

Albert

• Like 1

I sell quite a bit of Xenia, I also use it for nutrient export. It eats up nitrates and phosphates like nothing I've seen. I have an 8x8 patch in my 130D and all I dose is 2 part. PO4.03 and nitrates at 5-8.

• Like 2

I sell quite a bit of Xenia, I also use it for nutrient export. It eats up nitrates and phosphates like nothing I've seen.

Yes that's one of the reasons I like it as well. Even though I have 2 ATS which grow lots of GHA.

• Like 1

I'm actually running it at the shop in its own dedicated tank, I don't want it escaping into one of the runs and going bonkers.

Paul, your Black Star wrasse is one of the best I've ever seen. My customers couldn't keep them alive to save their lives until I turned them on to your feeder. Anyone reading this that wants to keep Macropharyngodon wrasses, this is a MUST HAVE item to keep them alive. They need to feed constantly until they've gained weight, then they'll take mysis as well.

• Like 1