Pod Your Reef

The 28 Gallon Itch

gena

I know! The only changes I notice are rock colors and then the fish size (except boo, she doesn't grow lol), and then the weird buttons on the solo rock peice that have 3 instead of 1 tiny. I posted that comparison on Zeph's progression thread.

I just looked quickly and didn't see the photo. Post the picture here. An early one and a most recent FTS so we can see the changes. If you wan to ;)
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 3

Can't do that lol, everything moved around so much it doesn't pay at all.

I can get the polyp pics tho I think.

Here I attached it. The big one was the small one in the top pic.. it has since grown exponentially, as well as has babies.

post-74154-0-11984600-1367290569_thumb.png

Good luck with the hunt! And sure....I'll get you a picture of it on Friday :)

Especially with your new frag tank to hold all the awesome corals :happydance:

I've changed my mind on neon green trumpets. I found a place that sells RED trumpets omgomgomg They are out of stock right now, but I put myself on their notification list for when they are available again!!!! Hopefully it's fairly soon.

I did some online coral shopping over the weekend. My first time shopping with Reefs2go. They have an awesome selection of things. They have the red trumpets I'm on the list for. I ordered a mushroom and some zoas from them. Should be here Thursday. Oh also some pods. I took my refugium off-line yesterday. My chaeto was infested with cotton candy algae so I tossed the whole thing. I have new chaeto and pods coming from Reefcleaners this week. In the meantime, my fuge is dark to kill off any fragments of CCA still in there. I hope this works!!!!! So I have pods coming from Reefcleaners and pods coming from Reefs2go. Getting all ready for my possible scooter dragonet this week!!!! :happydance:

I saw a cutie female scooter on DD today. I'd be happy with a male or female. Eventually I'll get my one a mate.

So....exciting tank week for me :)

I am so excited to see your new Dragonet. Your plans to get lots of pods going sounds really great. I ordered pods from R2G also. It was supposed to be 2000 pods. It was not 2000 pods! LOL It was a couple of hundred or so, but how can you really know? ;)

I ordered some zoas from them too. I am curious to see how yours do. Of the three Zoa frags one melted away. It was only three polyps and it seemed to have been freshly fragged. The other two are doing well, open and pretty. I will be putting some pics up on the 125 g thread of them either today or tomorrow. I got two Ricordia floridas from them and they are doing great also.

I hope you get rid of the CCA. I have never seen it in person. Hopefully I never will. I got enough nuisances already!

So I want to see lots of peek-tures this Friday! YAY! :D

I used to have a thread like that...conversation/tank LOL. You gotta have some fun sometimes ;)

Looks like you have a lot of SPS! It's going to really fill in nicely over the next year :) You take beautiful pictures too! A 100mm lens is on my list of things to get.

WOW! Time flies!!!!

Thanks! Time really does fly when you aren't looking. I think it really starts moving once a tank gets over about 6 months old without any major changes, that's when it really starts zipping by.

Geez, I'm way behind around here. Just saw yer Friday pics! Felicia's zoas sure are purdy, and after two days in the mail? wow!!

When do you get you new fishy?

Looking forward to this Friday!!!!

Geez, I'm way behind around here. Just saw yer Friday pics! Felicia's zoas sure are purdy, and after two days in the mail? wow!!

Obviously the zoas do just fine with 2 day shipping. Gena was my second guinea pig for sending them USPS priority. That means its time for me to send you some goodies. I just need to order more shipping supplies (I'm out of bags and heat packs), so give me a week or 2 and then I'll be sending zoas your way :D

Can't do that lol, everything moved around so much it doesn't pay at all.

I can get the polyp pics tho I think.

Here I attached it. The big one was the small one in the top pic.. it has since grown exponentially, as well as has babies.

Nice! Do you still have the feather dusters from that early photo?

I am so excited to see your new Dragonet. Your plans to get lots of pods going sounds really great. I ordered pods from R2G also. It was supposed to be 2000 pods. It was not 2000 pods! LOL It was a couple of hundred or so, but how can you really know? ;)

I ordered some zoas from them too. I am curious to see how yours do. Of the three Zoa frags one melted away. It was only three polyps and it seemed to have been freshly fragged. The other two are doing well, open and pretty. I will be putting some pics up on the 125 g thread of them either today or tomorrow. I got two Ricordia floridas from them and they are doing great also.

I hope you get rid of the CCA. I have never seen it in person. Hopefully I never will. I got enough nuisances already!

So I want to see lots of peek-tures this Friday! YAY! :D

Will do!!!! Awesome...so glad to hear someone else bought from this company. I never heard of them before but was browsing through the sponsors forum looking for new places to buy coral from. I'm so glad I did! I hope none of mine melt!!!!!! What colors did you buy and which one melted? I'll check out your thread for pictures!!!! I forget how many pods I ordered. It was the lowest amount though.

CCA is actually one of the more attractive nuisance algaes...it has a nice color. But still, I don't want it around LOL. I haven't checked the fuge yet to see how things are going. I'll look tomorrow. Should be getting my reef cleaners chaeto and pods tomorrow too.

Thanks! Time really does fly when you aren't looking. I think it really starts moving once a tank gets over about 6 months old without any major changes, that's when it really starts zipping by.

This is true. I love going on vacation and coming home to see all the noticeable growth. Things you don't notice when you are staring at your tank everyday LOL.

All i know is after about 10 months, i'm really sick of algae on the glass, and coralline on the filter and PH's.... <_<

Yeah...I have major coralline algae scraping to do, but I keep putting it off. It's a PITA :D

When do you get you new fishy?

Looking forward to this Friday!!!!

I hope I get my scooter Thursday!!!!! Tomorrow is the day my LFS guy goes to buy livestock. I thought about calling him today to remind him, but I didn't. He usually is really good at remembering these things. If he forgets or they don't have any available, then hopefully next week.

Have you guys seen the movie Wreck It Ralph??????? OMG, it's awesome!!!!! My son was home sick from school today and we watched a few movies. That was one of them...soo good!!!! It's a Disney movie. Even if you don't have kids, you'll love it :D

Deleted User 3

Well usually they only eat the tubes when the worms haven't been in there, so. I only have one hermit now and it's a bastard lol. Likes to knock crap over... so annoying.

surgicalsense

Simply beautiful Gena! I miss you .... I have been so bad not calling and texting you to. Paige will be in Cali for summer vaca. However, I will not. Least not until late July or August I think.

Well usually they only eat the tubes when the worms haven't been in there, so. I only have one hermit now and it's a bastard lol. Likes to knock crap over... so annoying.

My hermits have been awesome. No troubles from them whatsoever!!! (knocks on wood :D) In fact, today one made it up onto my MP10 and was cleaning the algae off of it!!!! I was a proud mama :)

Simply beautiful Gena! I miss you .... I have been so bad not calling and texting you to. Paige will be in Cali for summer vaca. However, I will not. Least not until late July or August I think.

Thanks!!!! Miss you too!!!!! I know you are enjoying your new home state though so I'm happy for you :) We need pictures of your tank ;)

Tomorrow is the day I may or may not get my new red scooter dragonet!!!! I will be getting my new corals from reefs2go, for sure, so tomorrow will be a fun day regardless. And pictures on Friday :)

Hoping for the scooter! :happydance:

Me too!!!!!

You know, the last two nights I've had similar dreams where my tank springs a leak and I'm "forced" to get a new tank. I don't think I'm so much worried about my tank leaking as I am wanting to upgrade my tank LOL. My subconscious is just looking for a reasonable excuse to do the upgrade :lol:

eitallent

Me too!!!!!

You know, the last two nights I've had similar dreams where my tank springs a leak and I'm "forced" to get a new tank. I don't think I'm so much worried about my tank leaking as I am wanting to upgrade my tank LOL. My subconscious is just looking for a reasonable excuse to do the upgrade :lol:

I don't want to be a bad influence, but oh, Gena the tank you could build if you upgraded! The tank you have now is spectacular, but an upgrade would be out of this world. You have a real touch for placement and an eye for color. I am not alone in thinking this way either. I read all the comments on your thread! :lol:

I hope you get the scooter dragonet tomorrow! Keep us posted!

And I agree that you could do soooo much with a bigger tank. You have such a blue thumb and make tanks looks so gorgeous so quickly. Think what you could do with a large tank!

I have always LOVED your green mushrooms!

A couple days ago I found a mushroom JUST like yours and I bought it up :) :)

Deleted User 3

Pshhff you just got lucky Gena! Mine were good for a long time... and theeeeeeeen one day a bit before Thing 1 died, someone decided they were going to pluck off all the new frags of stuff. I have a missing baby mushroom, 3 sets of corals that I am really PO'd about because I PAID FOR THOSE... and constantly they're taking off frags of stuff... or knocking glued stuff over, and I only have one hermit now. I think he was the culprit. I know what youre saying about being a proud mama, one of my florida ceriths was cleaning off my temp probe, and i almost got teary lol, It's always so yucky covered in algae, and i''m always like dang thats dirty, and one day it wasn't and the cerith was about half way up cleaning it off... <3

I hope you get the scooter dragonet tomorrow! Keep us posted!

And I agree that you could do soooo much with a bigger tank. You have such a blue thumb and make tanks looks so gorgeous so quickly. Think what you could do with a large tank!

I don't know if Gena will upgrade...haha. but I want to upgrade. I can't though, upgrade means new equipment, new lights, new stand, MOAR 5 gal jugs, MOAR buckets, MOAAAAR salt. I just don't have the moolah. One day, one day. Gena will probably beat me to it ;)

FishDooD65

Tomorrow is the day I may or may not get my new red scooter dragonet!!!! I will be getting my new corals from reefs2go, for sure, so tomorrow will be a fun day regardless. And pictures on Friday :)

I was searching for them at the local stores and i couldn't find a red one. They only had the regular scooters. They must not be in season or readily available now atleast here in Miami.

I would upgrade in a heartbeat but my dilemma is space. The only spot to put a new tank is exactly where this current tank stands. How do you transfer? I would use the same rock but need to add more so that whole "cycle" thing is an issue. LOL. I've been checking out CL occasionally for a deal I can't refuse. So far nothing....thank goodness :lol: But I do want to get a bigger tank, for sure. I want hairy mushrooms like Felicia's.

I have always LOVED your green mushrooms!

A couple days ago I found a mushroom JUST like yours and I bought it up :) :)

Awesome!!!! I hope they multiply like crazy for you too :D

I was searching for them at the local stores and i couldn't find a red one. They only had the regular scooters. They must not be in season or readily available now atleast here in Miami.

Same thing here :( No red scooter today. He only saw the brown ones. He did see one red one but he said it was really skinny so he passed...thank goodness!!!!!! He's going to try again next week for me.

I did get my corals today :) Bad news...the mushroom melted in transit. There's a little bit of flesh left so I stuck it up on my frag rack. If the hermits get to it, it will be a late night snack. Hopefully they won't venture up there for awhile. It's possible some of the flesh that is left could regenerate. I was pretty bummed about it. I really wanted that berrylicious rhodactis! Purple and green. The zoas all seem to be doing well. Only the mellow yellows opened for me. They were quite generous with the amount of heads too. My candy zoas aren't in the best shape. Out of about 13 heads, only 3 look good. Can't wait to see these zoas open tomorrow!!!!! fingerscrossed

So all in all, not a bad day. AND....I'm up to $900 in my sprinkler fund :happydance: I'm actually going to borrow from savings for the rest. I still have to pay it back though. I'll be getting my sprinklers next week. Then I'll start a new fund (maybe)..."the upgrade fund" :D

eitallent

Well that stinks about the mushroom! There has been some crazy weather and I bet your package got chilled. I bet those reds will open up though. I got about 10 heads of those and they took a day to open but they have been open every day. I only got three polyps of the Mellow Yellows but there are already two babies growing on that frag.

We are expecting snow in Arkansas tomorrow for the first time since records have been kept in May! Crazy. :wacko: We will not get accumulation where I live but I have to haul in all the tender plants. Oh, my poor veggie garden! I got 'maters, peppers, cukes and squash already planted. :angry:

Well that stinks about the mushroom! There has been some crazy weather and I bet your package got chilled. I bet those reds will open up though. I got about 10 heads of those and they took a day to open but they have been open every day. I only got three polyps of the Mellow Yellows but there are already two babies growing on that frag.

We are expecting snow in Arkansas tomorrow for the first time since records have been kept in May! Crazy. :wacko: We will not get accumulation where I live but I have to haul in all the tender plants. Oh, my poor veggie garden! I got 'maters, peppers, cukes and squash already planted. :angry:

Actually, it's the opposite. TOO HOT here!!!!! It was nearly 100 degrees today. When I got the box, it felt hot! I've had mushrooms melt on me like that before from too much heat. They needed a cold pack in that box. Oh well. I'm sure they'll credit me for it.

Holy moley..snow?????? We're gonna be 100 tomorrow too LOL. Bad wildfires going on here too. I hope your veggies will be ok!!!!!!

Archived