Top Shelf Aquatics

The 28 Gallon Itch

gena

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet! Up grades are always a treat! .... I have a Fluval Spec pico 2g I will putting in my bedroom ;)

So cool!!!! What are you going to put in it?

Rio pumps don't come highly recommended either. I'd be looking at a Sicce, Eheim, or Reeflo.

I originally wanted the eheim 1260 and he tried to talk me out of it. Saying if it breaks down you can't get parts. I just did a little research and it's pretty much unheard of for them to break down. I think I might just do the eheim anyways. I've read only good things about them. I haven't done a bit of research on the mag5 pump. Guess I should look into it as well. So far it's a negative review. Thanks again for the input. :D

I have the eheim compact 2000 and it is a very quite pump. One nice thing about it has adjustable flow on the unit so you wont need a ballvalve to adjust the flow. How much flow are you planning on putting through your sump?

I am on the hunt for a mandarin goby since its one of my wife's favorite fish. They make me nervous but I think in ready. I can't wait to see your scooter blenny, it will look right at home in your tank. My wife likes my new wrasse but a mandarin would make her very happy!

surgicalsense

I am putting one of the LR that was left out rescape of the NC24, which is only one rock with a few Xenia foot prints on it. I am currently having a heating stability issue with it. I purchased a 10w Marina heater. It has been in only 24 hours and them is not climbing where I would like it to hold. I also have to mod out the filtration chamber and make a sudo media rack. The stock filtration reminds me of the NC crappy nitrate factory filtration before I redid that also. The stock LED is not good either. So there is a few upgrades I have to do.

I will probably gets some rics, mushrooms, other softies to put in it. I will only need 1 hermit and 1 snail to keep it clean. I would like to get a tiny goby of some sort. Not sure what also. Keep it simple and easy. I wasn't honestly planning to even make this pico until I had one left over LR I did not use with the coral on it and L asked me what I was going to do with it. I was just going to allow the Xenia to die since I already have more footprints of them on the huge Tonga LR on the top part of my scape in the NC anyways.

Paige will be in Cali mid this month for summer vaca.... I will not though :(

I have the eheim compact 2000 and it is a very quite pump. One nice thing about it has adjustable flow on the unit so you wont need a ballvalve to adjust the flow. How much flow are you planning on putting through your sump?

I don't know. My LFS is doing the complete installation. I haven't gotten any of the details from him yet. I'm headed there tomorrow. Thanks for the input!!!!

I am on the hunt for a mandarin goby since its one of my wife's favorite fish. They make me nervous but I think in ready. I can't wait to see your scooter blenny, it will look right at home in your tank. My wife likes my new wrasse but a mandarin would make her very happy!

Mandarins are a gorgeous fish. I've considered one of those too. I put the scooter blenny on hold until after the tank transfer. Then I may get a bonded pair instead.

I am putting one of the LR that was left out rescape of the NC24, which is only one rock with a few Xenia foot prints on it. I am currently having a heating stability issue with it. I purchased a 10w Marina heater. It has been in only 24 hours and them is not climbing where I would like it to hold. I also have to mod out the filtration chamber and make a sudo media rack. The stock filtration reminds me of the NC crappy nitrate factory filtration before I redid that also. The stock LED is not good either. So there is a few upgrades I have to do.

I will probably gets some rics, mushrooms, other softies to put in it. I will only need 1 hermit and 1 snail to keep it clean. I would like to get a tiny goby of some sort. Not sure what also. Keep it simple and easy. I wasn't honestly planning to even make this pico until I had one left over LR I did not use with the coral on it and L asked me what I was going to do with it. I was just going to allow the Xenia to die since I already have more footprints of them on the huge Tonga LR on the top part of my scape in the NC anyways.

Paige will be in Cali mid this month for summer vaca.... I will not though :(

I like your stocking plan! Make sure to take pictures of the pico too! Let me know next time you will be visiting :D
Spirofucci

Oh your doing the lazy install!

I want pics when it happens.

LOL, lazy install! That's what I do whenever I can!

Oh your doing the lazy install!

I want pics when it happens.

Ditto! :happy:

LOL, lazy install! That's what I do whenever I can!

I like "incompetent plumber" better than "lazy" LOL ;)

You can be sure I'll be watching the installation like a hawk so I'll know how to do it myself next time :D

I need opinions.....The 45 cube is 24x24. The sump I'm getting is 24x12x16. My husband asked me to figure out what size stand I want. We're building it this weekend for sure :happydance:

Do you think 36x36 or 32x32 would look best????? I definitely want some extra space on top of the stand for resting things when I'm feeding or working on the tank. Plus I'll need extra space underneath to keep my ATO bucket, etc. I'm thinking 36x36!!!!

And where do you guys get those fancy skinny acrylic boxes for water and stuff? I'd like to go that route for space saving under the stand.

eitallent

I would build the 36"x36" because space always seems to get used up quickly! The space to put stuff while feeding or working in the tank is important too. I do not think you will regret the bigger size but you may regret the smaller if you start running out of room.

I would like to know where to get the skinny acrylic boxes also. The Container store has some but it is outrageous expensive!

I would build the 36"x36" because space always seems to get used up quickly! The space to put stuff while feeding or working in the tank is important too. I do not think you will regret the bigger size but you may regret the smaller if you start running out of room.

I would like to know where to get the skinny acrylic boxes also. The Container store has some but it is outrageous expensive!

Yeah....I was leaning more toward the bigger size. Everyone always says go the biggest you can go. Hopefully someone will chime in with a place to get those boxes!!! :D
eitallent

Yep go the biggest you can!!! ......and glue a big slab of fake granite or marble on top!

I got my boxes from.... http://www.marinecolor.com/product/dosing/features-2

But it comes all the way from China......

Try BRS...as well.

I went to marinecolor.com but I do not see acrylic boxes as a product. :unsure: Just dosers and Halide lighting. Are you trying to tell us something? :lol:

Spirofucci

I went to marinecolor.com but I do not see acrylic boxes as a product. :unsure: Just dosers and Halide lighting. Are you trying to tell us something? :lol:

Crap, that is the company i got them from but that link doesn't have their product or prices. Stoopid internet.

I have the other link at home.....:(

I'm with everyone on bigger is better. My stand is the exact footprint as the tank basically, and I have nowhere to set things when I'm working. Also the inside of the stand is tight on space. If you have space in the room for the bigger stand, I say go for it! Have a nice roomy area for your sump and other supplies.

Yes if I could do anything different I would have made the stand longer the width is good but I have 4-5" on either side and maybe 6" inside on each side to work in.

Next one we go BIGGER! B)

Bigger is better!

And these are the containers, you need stiff RO tubing to get a seal in the container (1") then feed the soft flex over the RO and it works like a dream.

http://www.reefshops.com/liquid-storage-bucket-for-dosing-pump-with-scale-1.5l-101016.5cm.html

That's EXACTLY what I want but I want a 5g container. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

So I went to my LFS not once, but TWICE today :lol:

I've decided I don't want the eshopps sump. I want something bigger than that one and nicer looking. So, I'll either go with a Trigger systems Crystal sump or I might go with the sump that my LFS can get. Sounds pretty nice. So many decisions to make and so many options!!!!!

I know you could DIY your own SUMP. If I can do it you can do it. Pretty simple and I could walk you through it depending on what you want decided the number of baffles.

I know you could DIY your own SUMP. If I can do it you can do it. Pretty simple and I could walk you through it depending on what you want decided the number of baffles.

I've been considering that too. But I want it to look nice. I think I'd do a really messy job :lol: If I do decide to do it myself, you can count on me asking you for help :)

You can hide the mess with macros, trust me it doesn't even show after a few months of algae and coraline growth.

Archived