Coral Vue Hydros

The 28 Gallon Itch

gena

Deleted User 3

Well I didn't see any left behind.. lol. They're TINY eucnids then, i dont think these green ones are, they dont have the eucnid mouth that i could tell. I just don't know how I still could have new stuff.. lol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG so my little male scooter came in yesterday morning.

The female spotted him and I expected a squabble but no she just kept staring at him. Then she started fallowing him around. They are now always within a few inches of each other! :wub::wub::wub:

Oh geeze...I hope my emerald doesn't end up doing the same thing!!!!!! So far so good! I have noticed a difference with Ruby gone. She was definitely the better algae eater of the two.

I saw a very pretty Red Scooter dragonet on DD today. They had two. I liked the red one better. But, I know more of those will pop up. I'm going to try and hold out for the ruby one that Felicia told me about. But even the plain red are pretty!!!! Especially the males.

I think I'm going to hold out on ordering from Morgan. I just had to spend $287 on new glasses for my son today. Got a call this morning from him. His glasses broke in PE. This is the SECOND time it's happened. Our eye guy is great and replaced them both times now, for free, but I decided to get him another pair anyways..something more sturdy. He'll get his new ones next week and then he can wear his current pair strictly for PE. He was so happy to get out of school early today too...said maybe he should break his glasses more often. LOL. It was nice...he went grocery shopping with me. We had sushi for lunch. Then went to the garden store. Today was their short day at school anyways and they have testing all week. No homework all week because of that. Today was a testing free day though. It kind of worked out perfectly!!! :happy:

Lasic!

Mr. Microscope

913692_498219106894318_723400009_o.jpg

And apparently a mini brittle meeting...

Those are the same ones I've got and did some microscopy on. They're pretty crazy. Up close they look like their bigger brothers.

OMG so my little male scooter came in yesterday morning.

The female spotted him and I expected a squabble but no she just kept staring at him. Then she started fallowing him around. They are now always within a few inches of each other! :wub::wub::wub:

omgomgomg So awesome!!!!! I plan to eventually get a mate for the scooter I get. I'm so excited to get one!!!!! :happydance: I need video of your pair!!!!!

Lasic!

LOL No way! Our eyes aren't bad enough to take that risk ;)

TGIF!!!!!!

Pictures of my new corals from Felicia!!!!! 3 polyps of Devils Armor below the candy canes and to the right of the blue St. Thomas mushroom. So pretty! Can't wait for them to fill in that space. :wub:

732bfc6c-a954-42c9-a4fb-b6415c5ec234_zps

2 polyps of Red hornets are just below and to the left of my purple deaths. They seem to be doing just fine in that spot even though it's not super bright there. The green and purple yuma is below the oxides. Awesome freebies from Felicia!!!!!

74cfa590-8156-49f0-a33c-53ed84cc963c_zps

Happy Weekend :happydance:

I'm so jealous! I seriously want another yuma but I can't find one that isn't boring! And I think I'm going to put z's&p's in my mom's tank so it can look like yours and Randi's second tank. They spread so fast and they're so pretty!

I'm so jealous! I seriously want another yuma but I can't find one that isn't boring! And I think I'm going to put z's&p's in my mom's tank so it can look like yours and Randi's second tank. They spread so fast and they're so pretty!

You never got a pink yuma?

I'm in love with the z's and p's again! I had trouble with them and didn't know why. Swore off of them a few months ago. I know now why I was losing them...the salinity was too high. Now that it's fixed and they are thriving, I'm looking to add more :)

Well...I shouldn't say I'm looking. I already have plans to buy some off of Felicia when hers are ready :D

Nope. Never got a pink yuma. I'd love any color really. I've seen orange, pink, and some others but never at a time or site where I planned to buy anything else so I couldn't justify the cost. Maybe I could get one from Felicia.... Hmmm... I'll have to do some classified and tank stalking.

Gena, I'm glad to see everything I sent you is doing so well! Those Devils Armors really pop in your tank! I think its your blue lights. Everything looks so happy, so hopefully they'll put out new polyps quickly for you! I'm keeping an eye on the CARs, Pink Zippers, and Pink Hippos for you. I'll let you know as soon as I have enough to frag.

Nope. Never got a pink yuma. I'd love any color really. I've seen orange, pink, and some others but never at a time or site where I planned to buy anything else so I couldn't justify the cost. Maybe I could get one from Felicia.... Hmmm... I'll have to do some classified and tank stalking.

The one I have that I sent Gena is a green, purple, and pink. It looks like it will be ready to split again soon if you'd like one :)

Deleted User 3

Omg I want freebies lol. I'm all... ahem... itchy! coral! upgrade! Etc.. really upgrade itchy but want/need more coral anyway. I want all sorts of purdy colors, would be nicer if everything popped lol

Gena, I'm glad to see everything I sent you is doing so well! Those Devils Armors really pop in your tank! I think its your blue lights. Everything looks so happy, so hopefully they'll put out new polyps quickly for you! I'm keeping an eye on the CARs, Pink Zippers, and Pink Hippos for you. I'll let you know as soon as I have enough to frag.

The one I have that I sent Gena is a green, purple, and pink. It looks like it will be ready to split again soon if you'd like one :)

I'd love one. Let me know when it splits. :) thanks so much!

I also have a "rainbow" yuma. Hasn't done much since I put it in this tank though. It had one baby for me when in my 10g macro tank. I think the lighting is too intense for it but it's securely attached and there's no way I can move it. I figure if it's too unhappy it will move itself. Could be my salinity troubles earlier stunted the growth too. Hopefully it's still in recovery mode! It's a cool looking yuma. Has a peach/orange color to it.

It's all doing wonderfully!!!!! It helps that you have incredibly healthy corals :D I can't WAIT to get the CARS, pink zippers and pink hippos from you :happydance: You will now be my source for awesome corals :D

Do you have any neon green trumpets, by chance?

Omg I want freebies lol. I'm all... ahem... itchy! coral! upgrade! Etc.. really upgrade itchy but want/need more coral anyway. I want all sorts of purdy colors, would be nicer if everything popped lol

Start saving for new lighting! I think the most important thing for your tank was the water which you took care of with your RODI. Next big purchase should be new lights. :) Have you been checking CL for a cheap setup from someone just wanting to get out of the hobby? Check CL from the nearest big city to you as well.

I think I'm going to start scouting CL for a dual bulb T5 unit so I can make mine 6 bulb total. I just feel like 4 bulbs isn't enough on such a deep tank.

Pics of the rainbow yuma on Friday? :)

Deleted User 3

I also have a "rainbow" yuma. Hasn't done much since I put it in this tank though. It had one baby for me when in my 10g macro tank. I think the lighting is too intense for it but it's securely attached and there's no way I can move it. I figure if it's too unhappy it will move itself. Could be my salinity troubles earlier stunted the growth too. Hopefully it's still in recovery mode! It's a cool looking yuma. Has a peach/orange color to it.

It's all doing wonderfully!!!!! It helps that you have incredibly healthy corals :D I can't WAIT to get the CARS, pink zippers and pink hippos from you :happydance: You will now be my source for awesome corals :D

Start saving for new lighting! I think the most important thing for your tank was the water which you took care of with your RODI. Next big purchase should be new lights. :) Have you been checking CL for a cheap setup from someone just wanting to get out of the hobby? Check CL from the nearest big city to you as well.

My lights aren't horrible, the geisemann bulbs are a lot brighter, more par and more spec than the ATI were, so the 2 bulb is decent for softies like mushrooms, and zoas which is all i want for now

jedimasterben

I think I'm going to start scouting CL for a dual bulb T5 unit so I can make mine 6 bulb total. I just feel like 4 bulbs isn't enough on such a deep tank.

Girl, you need'a be saving up for some real lighting. ;)

I definitely make sure things are healthy before I sell them to anyone. I'm glad that means they survived 2 day shipping :) Good to know zoas can survive that. Glad to know I have enough awesome corals to be the source for them :)

I do have neon green trumpets actually but they're one of the things that grows really slow for me. I only have 3 heads right now.

Pics of the rainbow yuma on Friday? :)

Good luck with the hunt! And sure....I'll get you a picture of it on Friday :)

I definitely make sure things are healthy before I sell them to anyone. I'm glad that means they survived 2 day shipping :) Good to know zoas can survive that. Glad to know I have enough awesome corals to be the source for them :)

I do have neon green trumpets actually but they're one of the things that grows really slow for me. I only have 3 heads right now.

Especially with your new frag tank to hold all the awesome corals :happydance:

I've changed my mind on neon green trumpets. I found a place that sells RED trumpets omgomgomg They are out of stock right now, but I put myself on their notification list for when they are available again!!!! Hopefully it's fairly soon.

I did some online coral shopping over the weekend. My first time shopping with Reefs2go. They have an awesome selection of things. They have the red trumpets I'm on the list for. I ordered a mushroom and some zoas from them. Should be here Thursday. Oh also some pods. I took my refugium off-line yesterday. My chaeto was infested with cotton candy algae so I tossed the whole thing. I have new chaeto and pods coming from Reefcleaners this week. In the meantime, my fuge is dark to kill off any fragments of CCA still in there. I hope this works!!!!! So I have pods coming from Reefcleaners and pods coming from Reefs2go. Getting all ready for my possible scooter dragonet this week!!!! :happydance:

I saw a cutie female scooter on DD today. I'd be happy with a male or female. Eventually I'll get my one a mate.

So....exciting tank week for me :)

I hope one day my tank looks as grown in as this tank.

Thanks! How old is your tank? Seems like around 9 months to a year is the "magic" time. Where growth really becomes noticeable. :)

Thanks! How old is your tank? Seems like around 9 months to a year is the "magic" time. Where growth really becomes noticeable. :)

Well, the 10G was 12 months when I moved it to a 20L and had the GFO overdose. It's been about 2 1/2 months since I discovered my ignorance and cured it. It's really starting to move into that grow out phase. I'm sure I'll blink and it'll be a year old and have some nice growth soon. :)

Well, the 10G was 12 months when I moved it to a 20L and had the GFO overdose. It's been about 2 1/2 months since I discovered my ignorance and cured it. It's really starting to move into that grow out phase. I'm sure I'll blink and it'll be a year old and have some nice growth soon. :)

Just went to your thread and saw the 10g on the first page...cool scape!!!!! I was trying to figure out the age of your current setup which looks awesome, BTW, without going through too many pages (you have many!!!!) Thanks for letting me know here ;)

I too discovered my ignorance, only my problem was high salinity. Since I've fixed that and started dosing alk/ca, I've seen a big change in the tank. It helps having a lot of softies too. They grow fast and really fill in all the nooks and crannies :)

Just went to your thread and saw the 10g on the first page...cool scape!!!!! I was trying to figure out the age of your current setup which looks awesome, BTW, without going through too many pages (you have many!!!!) Thanks for letting me know here ;)

I too discovered my ignorance, only my problem was high salinity. Since I've fixed that and started dosing alk/ca, I've seen a big change in the tank. It helps having a lot of softies too. They grow fast and really fill in all the nooks and crannies :)

I have a conversation thread than a tank thread. :lol: I try to keep the first post upto-semidate with FTS as a result.

I'm of two minds about the 10G scape. On one hand I hated it because it was so croweded. On the other hand, it was cool. I really miss that birdnest though. :( I didn't end up with as minimalist scape on the 20L as I had in my mind when I decided to move to a 20L, but that's ok. It's an interesting one and has room for growth. One day after I win the lotto I'll move to a 1,000G tank, but until then this is nice. A lot more room for stuff than the old scape.

I have a conversation thread than a tank thread. :lol: I try to keep the first post upto-semidate with FTS as a result.

I'm of two minds about the 10G scape. On one hand I hated it because it was so croweded. On the other hand, it was cool. I really miss that birdnest though. :( I didn't end up with as minimalist scape on the 20L as I had in my mind when I decided to move to a 20L, but that's ok. It's an interesting one and has room for growth. One day after I win the lotto I'll move to a 1,000G tank, but until then this is nice. A lot more room for stuff than the old scape.

I used to have a thread like that...conversation/tank LOL. You gotta have some fun sometimes ;)

Looks like you have a lot of SPS! It's going to really fill in nicely over the next year :) You take beautiful pictures too! A 100mm lens is on my list of things to get.

My tank is going to be 10 months old on Friday :)

WOW! Time flies!!!!
Deleted User 3

I used to have a thread like that...conversation/tank LOL. You gotta have some fun sometimes ;)

Looks like you have a lot of SPS! It's going to really fill in nicely over the next year :) You take beautiful pictures too! A 100mm lens is on my list of things to get.

WOW! Time flies!!!!

I know! The only changes I notice are rock colors and then the fish size (except boo, she doesn't grow lol), and then the weird buttons on the solo rock peice that have 3 instead of 1 tiny. I posted that comparison on Zeph's progression thread.

Archived