Top Shelf Aquatics

The 28 Gallon Itch

gena

I use that stuff. Very easy to use. Just dose equal amounts, first the Ca and then 5 - 10 min later dose the Alk.

btw, I use the Red sea pro test kit for the Ca and the Hanna Alk checker.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are you going to dose the B-Ionic? Just as the label instructs or do you have your own recipe?

Yep...just as indicated on the bottle. But I have concerns cuz my calcium is fine. It's 455. My alk is also fine right now 7.7dkh. I think I goofed on my test the other day. I got 5.7 dkh, but the next day right before my water change I tested again and got 6.8dkh. LOL

Still need to dose regardless. But it wasn't as bad as I had thought. I guess I can just dose the alk part since the calcium doesn't seem to drop as much. I didn't do any dosing today like I had planned. I had no drop in parameters between yesterday and today. I'll test again tomorrow morning and then dose or not dose accordingly.

Got my Nano Reef Aquariums book today, from Albert :happydance:

He peronalized it for me too. What a treasure!!!!!!!

He put several of my photos in there!!!! I felt like I should block out my last name. You'll have to buy the book to know my full name :lol:

Mrs Gena @@@@@, :D

Congrats on getting your pictures in the new nano book. They looked great, but since all of your shots are excellent, its no surprise.

I am wondering is the lack of a high amount of blue in the NC28 LED canopy is why your picture always look so good compared to the blue most of us get.

albertthiel

Got my Nano Reef Aquariums book today, from Albert :happydance:

He peronalized it for me too. What a treasure!!!!!!!

He put several of my photos in there!!!! I felt like I should block out my last name. You'll have to buy the book to know my full name :lol:

book_zpsebf225c8.png

Yes I guess so Gena .... and the book can still be bought at the low price for those who are interested and have not ordered yet (see link in my sig).

I also emailed the link to the e-Version to everyone who pre-ordered late this afternoon ... so all who are entitled to the free version now can download it ...

And thank "you" Gena "....." for letting me use the pictures that are in the book and I'll be using some more in the Newsletter .... and if you wish I can blank out your name and put © Gena a.k.a. M II, you know who i mean ... :-o

Awesome firday pics gena. you have some of my favorite things in your tank. I love the porcelain crabs and the grandis.

Thanks, jg!!!!! Those grandis are growing like crazy for me too :)

Mrs Gena @@@@@, :D

Congrats on getting your pictures in the new nano book. They looked great, but since all of your shots are excellent, its no surprise.

I am wondering is the lack of a high amount of blue in the NC28 LED canopy is why your picture always look so good compared to the blue most of us get.

Thanks so much, Chris!!!! My tank is actually not an NC28. It's an uncommon brand called AquaEuro USA. I never knew of it until I came across it at a garage sale LOL. But, funny enough, my LFS carries that brand too and I never even noticed it. Probably where the tank came from originally ;)

I replaced the hood from this tank with a T5 fixture that sits on top. I run ATI bulbs and actually have quite a bit of blue. I run 2 blue plus, 1 coral plus, and 1 purple plus. I think I just get lucky with the pictures coming out right.

Yes I guess so Gena .... and the book can still be bought at the low price for those who are interested and have not ordered yet (see link in my sig).

I also emailed the link to the e-Version to everyone who pre-ordered late this afternoon ... so all who are entitled to the free version now can download it ...

And thank "you" Gena "....." for letting me use the pictures that are in the book and I'll be using some more in the Newsletter .... and if you wish I can blank out your name and put © Gena a.k.a. M II, you know who i mean ... :-o

Thanks, Albert!!!! No need to blank out my last name. I want the full credit so I can brag about it to my family LOL. Plus it's one of the coolest things I've ever had happen to me :lol:

It's so amazing isn't it!

Albert you really did go above and beyond for us and did way more then necessary.

It is :)

Thanks so much, Chris!!!! My tank is actually not an NC28. It's an uncommon brand called AquaEuro USA. I never knew of it until I came across it at a garage sale LOL. But, funny enough, my LFS carries that brand too and I never even noticed it. Probably where the tank came from originally ;)

I replaced the hood from this tank with a T5 fixture that sits on top. I run ATI bulbs and actually have quite a bit of blue. I run 2 blue plus, 1 coral plus, and 1 purple plus. I think I just get lucky with the pictures coming out right.

LOL.....I think I have been reading too many 28g posts.....I thought you were running LED's. :D

Speaking of, are you still considering LEDs?

LOL.....I think I have been too many 28g posts.....I thought you were running LED's. :D

I used to run LEDs. Thought I'd give T5's a try this time. I've been thinking of switching to LEDs though..that may be why you thought that :)

Speaking of, are you still considering LEDs?

I am...but it's going to be a while before I can do anything about it. Still building up my sprinkler fund. I'm at $276 now LOL.

I used to run LEDs. Thought I'd give T5's a try this time. I've been thinking of switching to LEDs though..that may be why you thought that :)

I am...but it's going to be a while before I can do anything about it. Still building up my sprinkler fund. I'm at $276 now LOL.

Sounds like its definitely going to be a while. Having a sprinkler system will be nice :) Keep me posted when you start looking into LEDs and I can try to help if you have questions.

Sounds like its definitely going to be a while. Having a sprinkler system will be nice :) Keep me posted when you start looking into LEDs and I can try to help if you have questions.

Yeah...I have auctions ending this week so we'll see how much that adds to my fund :D My fixed price listings are doing OK. Not great...just OK.

I can never find grandis around my area. I really hope I can find some for my tank soon.

I got lucky and found someone local selling here in the classifieds!

Yeah...I have auctions ending this week so we'll see how much that adds to my fund :D My fixed price listings are doing OK. Not great...just OK.

Gena, do you have a link to your auctions and stuff? I'd like to see what all you're selling out of curiosity :)

Gena, do you have a link to your auctions and stuff? I'd like to see what all you're selling out of curiosity :)

I'll send to you through PM ;)

I've figured out what I need to dose in my tank now. Looks like 2.5 ml of 2 part (b-ionic) daily does the job!!!! So glad to have that figured out!!!! Of course, not sure what a water change is going to do. Seems that will totally screw things up. Maybe I need to NOT use RSCP because of it's high levels, and switch to something with more NSW parameters!!!!! So confusing :lol:

I have Devil's Armour palys coming from Felicia this week, plus a couple of freebies, a yuma and a surprise :happydance: Can't wait!!!!

Gotta run....we're hooked on watching Sherlock (on the BBC). It's sooooo good. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an awesome TV series to watch ;) It's been on the air since 2010 but we just discovered it. Trying to pace ourselves a little so we don't watch them all too soon. :happy:

Sherlock is a great series. We've been watching it on Netflix. :)

Most people end up having to dose, some just don't know it yet. :D I think the only people who can really avoid it are the small pico's who can keep levels steady with frequent large water changes.

This is why I need a sump! Would have solved the problem so easily. <sigh>

We'll set you up a sump when we set up your big upgraded tank.

I've figured out what I need to dose in my tank now. Looks like 2.5 ml of 2 part (b-ionic) daily does the job!!!! So glad to have that figured out!!!! Of course, not sure what a water change is going to do. Seems that will totally screw things up. Maybe I need to NOT use RSCP because of it's high levels, and switch to something with more NSW parameters!!!!! So confusing :lol:

I have Devil's Armour palys coming from Felicia this week, plus a couple of freebies, a yuma and a surprise :happydance: Can't wait!!!!

Gotta run....we're hooked on watching Sherlock (on the BBC). It's sooooo good. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an awesome TV series to watch ;) It's been on the air since 2010 but we just discovered it. Trying to pace ourselves a little so we don't watch them all too soon. :happy:

Seachem Salinity mixes pretty close to natural sea water... after you dose Alk :lol:

Speaking of which.. I need to call their customer support and complain.

Why are you dosing? I thought your levels were good?

I just started. When I first tested, last week Monday, my levels were PERFECT. 7.7dkh, 460ish ca. Then I tested on Friday and my alk went pretty low....5.7dkh. Though I think I had a testing error because when I tested the next day before my water change it was like 6.7dkh. Still too low, either way. Calcium doesn't drop nearly as much. So...my levels WERE initially great right after the water change, but dropped throughout the week. Since I've been dosing daily, I've noticed a difference...for the better!!! :happydance:

Sherlock is a great series. We've been watching it on Netflix. :)

Most people end up having to dose, some just don't know it yet. :D I think the only people who can really avoid it are the small pico's who can keep levels steady with frequent large water changes.

LOVE that show! We're watching it on netflix too. In fact, I have to go again cuz we're going to watch another episode!!! LOL

We'll set you up a sump when we set up your big upgraded tank.

Seachem Salinity mixes pretty close to natural sea water... after you dose Alk :lol:

Speaking of which.. I need to call their customer support and complain.

I showed D. your tank tonight. He was really impressed. :)

Not sure what to do about my salt mix. Guess I'll see what the parameters do this Saturday after my water change.

I can't believe tomorrow is already Friday again!!!! LOL. Doing Friday Photos is making the weeks go by toooo fast!!!! Maybe I should change it to "Every Other Week Friday Photos" :lol: We'll see. Tomorrow I will have photos for you guys :)

Don't change it to every other week! I always look forward to your Friday photos!

Me too! :flower: Please do continue Photo Friday.

Archived