Top Shelf Aquatics

The 28 Gallon Itch

gena

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those green shrooms are everywhere! I need some that grow like that! I love your brain too. I really need to find one with pink like that!

Those shrooms sure settled in fast. :)

The supermans???? Yep...they really have :)

SWEET!! Love, LOve. LOVe, LOVE!

Those green shrooms are everywhere! I need some that grow like that! I love your brain too. I really need to find one with pink like that!

They split EVERYDAY! It's crazy...but I LOVE it :)

Got my order from Felicia today. My plump juicy Devils Armor palys and she gave me a free yuma and I think bambams???? They aren't opened all the way so it's still a mystery :)

Stunning as always Gena! I really love how most things are shades of purple, blue, or teal and then you just have pops of red or orange here and there. Its a really pretty looking color scheme.

Those green mushrooms are absolutely stunning in your tank. I have a mushroom similar to those that I've had since the 10 gallon and it hasn't even split once for me. It looks super happy but refuses to split. Also, your neons look like giants compared to my tiny one.

And the surprise zoas are actually Red Hornets, not Bam Bams. I figured you're tight on real estate and you already have those one zoas that are similar to Bam Bams, so I wanted to give you something different from what you have. I figured I'd contribute to those pops of red in your color scheme :)

Like I just said in PM....thank you sooooo much :happydance: I can see now that they are red hornets omgomgomg

I do love the red/orange pops of color I have in my tank. I want to get a red St. Thomas mushroom :)

The purple and green yuma you gave me fits in perfectly with my color theme too!!!!! I have it in a nice shady spot so it doesn't melt on me.

What sort of lighting do red hornets like?

I'm admiring a bonded pair of red scooter dragonets on DD right now. Too afraid to buy them though. LOL.

And the surprise zoas are actually Red Hornets, not Bam Bams. I figured you're tight on real estate and you already have those one zoas that are similar to Bam Bams, so I wanted to give you something different from what you have. I figured I'd contribute to those pops of red in your color scheme :)

Like I just said in PM....thank you sooooo much :happydance: I can see now that they are red hornets omgomgomg

I do love the red/orange pops of color I have in my tank. I want to get a red St. Thomas mushroom :)

The purple and green yuma you gave me fits in perfectly with my color theme too!!!!! I have it in a nice shady spot so it doesn't melt on me.

What sort of lighting do red hornets like?

I'm admiring a bonded pair of red scooter dragonets on DD right now. Too afraid to buy them though. LOL.

You are very welcome! I'm glad I chose something you like to throw in as the surprise! The red hornets are on the top of my big zoa rock and they do great there. So that's mid level in the tank (quite a bit of light considering how intense my LED fixture is) and moderate flow.

That yuma definitely prefers the shade, so you were right to find it a nice shady spot. I hope it does well for you! That's the first baby that mine made :)

You definitely need a red St. Thomas mushroom. That would look so pretty in there!

Get the dragonets! I love bonded pairs!

You are very welcome! I'm glad I chose something you like to throw in as the surprise! The red hornets are on the top of my big zoa rock and they do great there. So that's mid level in the tank (quite a bit of light considering how intense my LED fixture is) and moderate flow.

That yuma definitely prefers the shade, so you were right to find it a nice shady spot. I hope it does well for you! That's the first baby that mine made :)

You definitely need a red St. Thomas mushroom. That would look so pretty in there!

Get the dragonets! I love bonded pairs!

I put the red hornets with my oxides, tubbs, and purple deaths. They seem happy so far. I'll have to keep an eye on them since that spot is not a high light area. So far so good though :)

I really want the dragonets, but I'm just so afraid to add another fish (not to mention two). I don't want to upset the balance I have right now. Maybe I should just go for it! Throw caution to the wind LOL.

Did my water change late yesterday since we were out all day. My alkalinity did rise as I expected. It was 7.7 dkh before the change, and it was 8.8 dkh after the change. Calcium didn't change at all *confused*.

Having GORGEOUS weather in Southern California this weekend!!!! It's like summer omgomgomg Puts me even more in the mood for some gardening. My plan is to pull up some plants in the front flower bed and replace with some beautiful succulents I picked up on Friday :wub:

I transplanted one of my fuchsias from pot to ground in the backyard. It seems to have survived the moved. I hope it does really well!!!! :happydance:

Happy Sunday to all :D

Speaking of the hot weather....I finally had to set my fan up on my tank. I picked up a Zoo Med Aqua Cool fan from Amazon a couple of months ago. I have it hooked up to my Apex to turn on and off at certain temperatures. It's working like a charm!!!! The fan itself is a little loud, but not terrible. It's definitely not silent. Hangs on the side of the tank. I have it on the back of the tank so it's not even visible. I'm now ready for the summer :D

I am late to the party as usual.....so I just saw yer Friday pics!!! Just beautiful!!! and I love the fish shots!

I say go for that little pair! They don't come up that often for sale as apair.

Also, a couple of Morgan's nps gorgs would look killer in there!!!

I am late to the party as usual.....so I just saw yer Friday pics!!! Just beautiful!!! and I love the fish shots!

I say go for that little pair! They don't come up that often for sale as apair.

Also, a couple of Morgan's nps gorgs would look killer in there!!!

Thanks, Mark!

I'm gonna pass on the pair for now. I just can't throw caution to the wind LOL. I put myself on the email notification list for when they get a single Scooter in stock. I think it would be safer to just add one. My tank is pretty full of fish already.

I still might place an order tonight with Morgan. Have to see if the things I want are still available!!!!!

Did you order with Morgan? Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

The back of your tank is very tech-y. 'Tis the season for higher electric bills! The little fans on my tank are now a must also. They have been keeping the tank right on track for a temp of about 77. :happy:

Awesome you're in a book !!! :) Jealous. Tank looks specccccctacular Gena "----" lol. Even though I know it :P

You know my maiden name too LOL. Thanks, my dear :D

Did you order with Morgan? Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

The back of your tank is very tech-y. 'Tis the season for higher electric bills! The little fans on my tank are now a must also. They have been keeping the tank right on track for a temp of about 77. :happy:

I didn't. I still may do so this week though. I just hate spending the money and I don't want to dip into the sprinkler fund. I'm up to $475.71 :)

My little fan is doing a marvelous job keeping my temp level. It's running between 79.1 and 80.1. Boy do I love my controller :)

:wub: THAT'S what I'm going to try to get!!!! Thanks for showing me!!!! I'll have to ask my LFS guy to keep an eye out for one of those when he goes to buy his livestock at LAX!!!!!

I think it would go perfectly in my tank too. Another shock of red. :happydance:

Deleted User 3

That is true, I do... lol. Blackmail... fer coralzzzz :owned:

It's easy to guess your maiden name though because of your brooooother.

Have you ever drank RODI water? It's good.. I never drink the tap cuz it tastes bad, but RODI is like distilled, so good. lol

Glad to hear how much money you've already made for the sprinkler fund! I guess its been pretty hot down there? It got up to 79 here today which is pretty warm considering I don't have air conditioning. Luckily its supposed to cool down a bit over the next couple days. Guess it summer time! :)

:wub: THAT'S what I'm going to try to get!!!! Thanks for showing me!!!! I'll have to ask my LFS guy to keep an eye out for one of those when he goes to buy his livestock at LAX!!!!!

I think it would go perfectly in my tank too. Another shock of red. :happydance:

I thought you would love that. Stunning colors! It would look gorgeous in your tank. Hopefully your LFS can locate one for you. It sounds like they're popping up in fish shipments pretty frequently all of a sudden.

Btw, how are the zoas and the yuma doing today? I'll be looking forward to photos of where you put them when you post your Friday photos this week :)

Deleted User 3

Glad to hear how much money you've already made for the sprinkler fund! I guess its been pretty hot down there? It got up to 79 here today which is pretty warm considering I don't have air conditioning. Luckily its supposed to cool down a bit over the next couple days. Guess it summer time! :)

I thought you would love that. Stunning colors! It would look gorgeous in your tank. Hopefully your LFS can locate one for you. It sounds like they're popping up in fish shipments pretty frequently all of a sudden.

Btw, how are the zoas and the yuma doing today? I'll be looking forward to photos of where you put them when you post your Friday photos this week :)

45 high here... and raining... atleast it isn't snowing, like it's supposed to again this week.. ahh wisconsin.

45 high here... and raining... atleast it isn't snowing, like it's supposed to again this week.. ahh wisconsin.

I'm sure Wisconsin is gorgeous, but I have to say that I absolutely love the mild Northern California weather. You really can't beat it :)

I don't like anything about Wisconsin except there are no hurricanes or (usually) earthquakes or tsunamis.. lol.

Well then you'll have to move at some point! Although no natural disasters is a plus. We've got our earthquakes out here which always stressing me out with the aquarium.

Deleted User 3

Well then you'll have to move at some point! Although no natural disasters is a plus. We've got our earthquakes out here which always stressing me out with the aquarium.

Tornados are the only thing here, and floods. But I can handle those. lol I don't like my ground moving or giant things of water coming to me... :S I'd like to move but I don't know if I ever will.. I want to avoid all the above (in the last post).. and have nice weather, but who knows where that will be, plus constant nice weather = bugs...

Tornados are the only thing here, and floods. But I can handle those. lol I don't like my ground moving or giant things of water coming to me... :S I'd like to move but I don't know if I ever will.. I want to avoid all the above (in the last post).. and have nice weather, but who knows where that will be, plus constant nice weather = bugs...

Hurricans really aren't that bad. I grew up in Florida and I've been through more of them than I can count. So far earthquakes aren't bad either but you just never know when there could be a huge one, which is why they're scary. The nice weather in Florida meant tons of mosquitos and other bugs, but northern California doesn't seem to have too many bugs. You just gotta brave the earthquakes.

Deleted User 3

Hurricans really aren't that bad. I grew up in Florida and I've been through more of them than I can count. So far earthquakes aren't bad either but you just never know when there could be a huge one, which is why they're scary. The nice weather in Florida meant tons of mosquitos and other bugs, but northern California doesn't seem to have too many bugs. You just gotta brave the earthquakes.

No thanks... I dont want either.. tornados are enough for me, I think a hurricane or an earth quake would do me in. I'm not going to California, your due for a huge earthquake which will cause a giant coast long tsunami and etc... no thanks lol my dads side is from California.

Archived