SaltCritters.com

The 28 Gallon Itch

gena

Polarcollision

They are! Those are red/orange and blue superman rhodactis. I LOVE them :D I can't wait to give them more room in the new tank to spread their wings!!!! They are so cramped right now. Eventually I should be able to sell them if you don't find some before then, I'll hook you up :D

forgot to quote so you know I responded LOL.

I will take you up on that! The teal ones surrounding the supermans are rhodactis too? I'm a sucker for colors and textures and think that the green field surrounding the supermans sets them off nicely. Wouldn't be quite the same impact without the combo, yes?

I have a purple rhodactus mushroom for 5 months now and it's doing nothing. Nada. Same with a beautiful orange yuma. I try to feed them and I think they're in a good spot... At least they're not tanking, right? The perfectionist in me wants to see them growing like my zoas and SPS though.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will take you up on that! The teal ones surrounding the supermans are rhodactis too? I'm a sucker for colors and textures and think that the green field surrounding the supermans sets them off nicely. Wouldn't be quite the same impact without the combo, yes?

I have a purple rhodactus mushroom for 5 months now and it's doing nothing. Nada. Same with a beautiful orange yuma. I try to feed them and I think they're in a good spot... At least they're not tanking, right? The perfectionist in me wants to see them growing like my zoas and SPS though.

Yep, those are as well. And the two colors are getting along great! I think you are right about the two colors complimenting each other!!!!! My green rhodactis are constantly splitting. The supermans are just getting larger. So far no splitting, but there really isn't anywhere for them to go right now, so that's probably the reason why. I'm hopeful that when I move them to the 45g tank they will take off like the green rhodactis!

This tank is looking better and better every time I see it <_< *jealous*

Awww...thanks! Did you know I'm upgrading this tank to a 45g cube????? I'll probably transfer things next week.

Awww...thanks! Did you know I'm upgrading this tank to a 45g cube????? I'll probably transfer things next week.

omgomgomg I don't know whether to be really excited, or a little sad at this! Probably a little of both lol. Also, was looking at some of Morgan's stuff on reefgardener.net and she has an amazing blue/green bodied lobophyto leather with bright green polyps. It's spectacular! :)

P6150027__80574_zoom.JPG

omgomgomg I don't know whether to be really excited, or a little sad at this! Probably a little of both lol. Also, was looking at some of Morgan's stuff on reefgardener.net and she has an amazing blue/green bodied lobophyto leather with bright green polyps. It's spectacular! :)

P6150027__80574_zoom.JPG

Be excited! I am not sad at all. :D

That leather is gorgeous! I'm planning to buy some things from Morgan once I get everything situated and settled in nicely to the new tank!!! :)

Isn't it great? I'd buy it but my husband wrecked his car again and we have to deal with that lol. And we're getting a lime green sinularia leather from a friend at our LFS so we're going to save room for that. I updated my tank thread btw. I've had great growth in the past 2 months since my last update. I'm proud :D

Isn't it great? I'd buy it but my husband wrecked his car again and we have to deal with that lol. And we're getting a lime green sinularia leather from a friend at our LFS so we're going to save room for that. I updated my tank thread btw. I've had great growth in the past 2 months since my last update. I'm proud :D

Ugh...sorry about the car! Lime green sinularia is just as awesome if not more so :D

I saw your update!!!! Your tank is looking fantabulous!!! :happydance:

• 2 weeks later...
Reef Goddess

Just popping in since I haven't been here in awhile, tank looks amazing. I'm sure your next one is going to be crazy. You should enter those pics in tank of the month, def worthy. :D

• 2 weeks later...
problemman

HI GENA!!!! wow its been so long since I have been on here! how are those oxides coming along? still wanting to trade stuff? btw super excited to here about the upgrade!!! you wont regret it! im actually upgrading my 56 to a 120 soon!

squirrelieygrrrl

Er mah gerd!

Well way to go out with a bang Gena! Can't wait to check out your upgrade plans!

wow Gena, it's been only a few months and your new all-in-one tank is looking so great. am jealous!

Thanks! Almost made it to 1 year!!!!! It was dismantled last week.

HI GENA!!!! wow its been so long since I have been on here! how are those oxides coming along? still wanting to trade stuff? btw super excited to here about the upgrade!!! you wont regret it! im actually upgrading my 56 to a 120 soon!

Hi!!!! Oxides are doing great. Not sure on trades right now. I'll let you know if I do though. I still have to try my hand at fragging zoas for you and a few other people. :)

Congrats on the upgrade!!!! WOW...120g omgomgomg That's going to be awesome!!!!

• 1 month later...

Geeeeeeena. I still troll your thread looking at the pretties. My son won a goldfish at the fair this weekend so I guess I'll be setting up a FW planted tank for him this week. Wheeeee.

All your shizz is bootyful. I wish I could set up a simple reef, but I'm such a nerd that I always want to spend a fortune and make something tech-fabulous.

Waz the sekrit?

jedimasterben

My son won a goldfish at the fair this weekend so I guess I'll be setting up a FW planted tank for him this week.

That won't work unless the plants are plastic - goldfish (especially comets) will eat anything green.

Geeeeeeena. I still troll your thread looking at the pretties. My son won a goldfish at the fair this weekend so I guess I'll be setting up a FW planted tank for him this week. Wheeeee. All your shizz is bootyful. I wish I could set up a simple reef, but I'm such a nerd that I always want to spend a fortune and make something tech-fabulous. Waz the sekrit?

Heeeeeeyyyyyy!!!!!!!! Nice to hear from you. :):happydance:

I guess the secret is being a tech noob LOL I don't have the knowledge or desire to fiddle too much with my tanks. :) So you don't have a reef running at all right now?????

I love fair goldfish. It'll either die the first week or it will live for 10 years. :lol:

I have a new thread. This tank has been dismantled and everything moved to my 45 gallon cube. See the link in my sig. ;)

That won't work unless the plants are plastic - goldfish (especially comets) will eat anything green.

What Ben said. They'll uproot and eat any live plants. They make some real looking plants nowadays. I'm sure you could whip up something nice.

Archived