Top Shelf Aquatics

The 28 Gallon Itch

gena

Agreed on stand. bigger is better for more storage/space. I'm going to have to pull everything out of my stand that's isn't equipment when I put dosing pumps in. So all that will be in my stand will be sump, reactor, mp10 controllers, and dosing pumps. All the other crap will have to go in another cabinet or something. W hich is probably better, cause the bottom of my stand always seems "cluttered" even after I clean it up, or at least, shortly after cleaning it up. lol.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:happydance: FRIDAY!!!!!

Better late than never, right? ;)

As annoyed as I was with my R2G order having some issues (losing a frag), I DO love these a LOT!!!!!

051013no1_zpsc8966ad7.jpg

and these too!!!! The green zoas. They are a lot brighter green in the tank, the lighting and my incompetent photography don't do them justice!

051013no2_zps04011c6c.jpg

Always clowning around :D

051013no3_zps39e21ee7.jpg

Moe, Larry, and a little blurry Curly :)

051013no4_zps3d222a3d.jpg

I had just fed the tank oyster feast and phyto so the feeders were out on my LPS!

87b06cbf-e460-48d2-b90e-9ecc6ea75c1f_zps

051013no6_zps9fe2e951.jpg

Can't wait to have more room for my ricordeas!!!!

051013no7_zpsdd65e019.jpg

Thank you, Gena :D I've been looking forward to your photos all day!

I do really like those zoas in the very first photo! Nice colors! Also, that photo of the brain coral with its feeder tentacles out is stunning. Its my favorite of the set of photos. Thanks for sharing!

Got any fun plans for the weekend? Stand building, I hope?

Thank you, Gena :D I've been looking forward to your photos all day!

I do really like those zoas in the very first photo! Nice colors! Also, that photo of the brain coral with its feeder tentacles out is stunning. Its my favorite of the set of photos. Thanks for sharing!

Got any fun plans for the weekend? Stand building, I hope?

Thanks! I like that brain coral picture too!

My only request for this weekend is building the stand!!! Can't wait!!!!

We'll do our usual estate sale shopping tomorrow morning. I look forward to that every weekend too! It's a hot day today, and muggy too. Had a little thunder yesterday, I wonder if anything will pop up today???? I actually love this hot humid weather. It's so unusual for us so I treasure it whenever it happens :happy:

How about you???? Any fun plans?

My brain never puts out feeders anymore. I must be doing something wrong. Great photos as usual!

It probably does it at night and you don't see it. I can't believe the feeder extension that thing puts out at night. It's just one big giant feeder where you don't even see the pink LOL.

Love the Friday pics!

Thanks, Mark! I did them really fast today. I've been busy with other things and my mind has been focused on the upgrade. They turned out pretty well for quick last minute photos! :D

Those are great Gena.

Thanks, D!

Thanks! I like that brain coral picture too!

My only request for this weekend is building the stand!!! Can't wait!!!!

We'll do our usual estate sale shopping tomorrow morning. I look forward to that every weekend too! It's a hot day today, and muggy too. Had a little thunder yesterday, I wonder if anything will pop up today???? I actually love this hot humid weather. It's so unusual for us so I treasure it whenever it happens :happy:

How about you???? Any fun plans?

Stand building will be fun! Keep us updated with lots of progress photos! Enjoy estate shopping as well. Sounds like a fun weekend :)

I hate the heat and humidity, which is funny since I grew up in Florida. I love when its in the 60's or 70's and sunny but not muggy. That's why I love the bay area weather so much! Enjoy your heat!

I haven't planned much past tonight, but tonight I'm going to my kickboxing class and then after that I'm going to go see Iron Man 3 with a couple friends. Either tomorrow or Sunday I need to do water changes and lots of fragging.

The stand is built!!!! Now it just needs sanding, some filler, and primed and painted. I'll do that during the week. I guess I'll start a new tank thread tomorrow for this upgrade. I took some pictures today of the build :happydance:

Both my husband and I have a headache now LOL. It was in the 90s today and muggy. But we wanted to get that stand done so we didn't stop till it was completed :D

I'm really happy with how it turned out!!!! I've decided to paint it a purple shade LOL. I love purple and this will be my first purple stand :)

Everything looks great :wub:

Congrats on the upgrade! Since I've been kind of out of it, you may have already mentioned/answered this, but any big changes/new additions coral or livestock wise?

Everything looks great :wub:

Congrats on the upgrade! Since I've been kind of out of it, you may have already mentioned/answered this, but any big changes/new additions coral or livestock wise?

Thanks, LadyBug :happy:

So far the only planned additions will be hairy mushrooms, green slimer, neon green trumpets, red trumpets (if I can find them), and zoas/palys. Fish wise, besides a scooter dragonet (possibly a bonded pair)...still not decided. I think I want a bonded pair of bangaii's. I may try to put my rusty gobies in the sump/fuge. Those would be the only fish down in there.

Thanks, LadyBug :happy:

So far the only planned additions will be hairy mushrooms, green slimer, neon green trumpets, red trumpets (if I can find them), and zoas/palys. Fish wise, besides a scooter dragonet (possibly a bonded pair)...still not decided. I think I want a bonded pair of bangaii's. I may try to put my rusty gobies in the sump/fuge. Those would be the only fish down in there.

Cool. Bangaii's are so pretty!!

Happy Friday, everyone!!!!!

I do have some Friday photos :D

Marilyn and Joe

108fdc6c-b8b0-4dbb-b066-4f6484bc0342_zps

Space Monsters

bd53e25c-5a0f-4c3d-b7e7-c895a84da5dc_zps

I knew I was saving this beauty for something. Can't wait to put it on the rocks in the cube!!!!

051713no3_zpse659ba39.jpg

523bf0e5-c8da-4340-b801-0d94fbbac80b_zps

Be sure to save a nice spot for that digitata as well. Going to miss this tank.

Yep...it's going on the rocks too :)

What will happen to this tank? Will really miss this tank..

Awww..thanks :) Well, I'll probably sell it. It's too big to hang onto it. I still have the original hood for it. I only paid like $30 for it so I should be able to get my money back on it!
airman_verde04

So Gena, I was just cruising a friends tank thread, saw your avatar and said to myself, "Oh my, that is one pretty lady. :wub: I think I'll visit her tank thread." Luckily, you tank is also pretty!

Glad I visited :flower:

So Gena, I was just cruising a friends tank thread, saw your avatar and said to myself, "Oh my, that is one pretty lady. :wub: I think I'll visit her tank thread." Luckily, you tank is also pretty!

Glad I visited :flower:

:blush::lol: Thank you!!!!! That's very sweet of you to say!!!!!

The tank inhabitants will all be moving over to my new 45g tank so you'll have to come check out things over there!!!!! :)

Here's the link....

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/326714-gentlemen-prefer-cubes/

Archived