Coral Vue Hydros

The 28 Gallon Itch

gena

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So no pics for today? I am working on mine I promise.

No...no pics today :( Today was like a Saturday for me. First day of no school/summer vacation and the hubs had the day off too. We had a very nice day today :happy:
airman_verde04
:blush::lol: Thank you!!!!! That's very sweet of you to say!!!!!The tank inhabitants will all be moving over to my new 45g tank so you'll have to come check out things over there!!!!! :)Here's the link....http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/326714-gentlemen-prefer-cubes/'>http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/326714-gentlemen-prefer-cubes/

I will absolutely visit the new thread! Visiting it now :-)

No...no pics today :( Today was like a Saturday for me. First day of no school/summer vacation and the hubs had the day off too. We had a very nice day today :happy:

Well good. Still expecting pics by end of weekend. :P

I will absolutely visit the new thread! Visiting it now :-)

:happydance:

Well good. Still expecting pics by end of weekend. :P

No promises LOL. I'll try though :)

Yessss...pics please....could be the last one's of this beauty!

Hopefully so fingerscrossed

I'll see what I can do today. If not today, then tomorrow :D

Super CatPig

Went straight to your flicker account when i clicked on something so I just went with it and lol is that your tank in Mr. Thiels book?! It looks really beautiful. well deserved! :) I remember seeing your NC12 when it was the TOTM and wanting to say something.. but I got nuthin important to say.. all I know is it looks really nice and I like ravioli.

Went straight to your flicker account when i clicked on something so I just went with it and lol is that your tank in Mr. Thiels book?! It looks really beautiful. well deserved! :) I remember seeing your NC12 when it was the TOTM and wanting to say something.. but I got nuthin important to say.. all I know is it looks really nice and I like ravioli.

Yep...this tank has photos of it in Albert's book :D Thanks for the compliments!!!!! I think I have one picture in his book from the NC12 as well. I wish you would have said something back then ;) Now is nice too!!!!! mmmm..I'm a ravioli lover too LOL. I'm not a huge fan of Olive Garden, we very rarely go, but when we do...I always get the Ravioli di Portabello....yummy :)

I forgot to mention, today was the first time ever that I've seen my neon goby excavating. It was Walter (the male) spitting out sand (onto my meteor shower cyphestrea too :angry:). I'm thinking he's making a little love nest for himself and Sylvia. Maybe I'll get to see little bitty baby neons. :D

The little neons digging in the sand is so cool. I did not know they did that. You are so lucky to have a pair. Cute!

The little neons digging in the sand is so cool. I did not know they did that. You are so lucky to have a pair. Cute!

They are still doing it too! I'm going to really rock their world when I transfer them over..poor things. All that work for naught.

Patiently waiting .... now I am thread hopping ;)

what happened to the pics you promised last week? It's a week later and still no pics. What gives?

:blush: sorry!!!!! I really have been very busy!!!! LOL I thought things would slow down with school out for the summer..but I've been even more preoccupied!!!!! Cleaning out a kid's room takes a lot of time!!!!!

I'll try to get some photos today. :happy:

I have some photos! I made some time to take them today :) These will probably be the last of the photos for this tank. I'm sad, but incredibly happy to upgrade too!!! Guess this tank won't see a year old. Just short by one month!!!!!!

060313no1_zps4060046c.jpg

060313no2_zps0364c8c1.jpg

blurry, but here's where he's been excavating

060313no3_zps901e9cb1.jpg

060313no4_zpsff626d04.jpg

060313no5_zps03785e7c.jpg

060313no6_zpsb77a354f.jpg

FTS 06/03/13

060313no7_zps8cb37a7b.jpg

Gorgeous! The colors on your tank are just so stunning! That photo of the neon goby burrowing is adorable. Mine never even go near the sand. Oh and is that a surviving polyp of Devil's Armor in the top right of the second photo? How is it doing?

Gorgeous! The colors on your tank are just so stunning! That photo of the neon goby burrowing is adorable. Mine never even go near the sand. Oh and is that a surviving polyp of Devil's Armor in the top right of the second photo? How is it doing?

Thanks, Felicia!!!! Mine never went near the sand either, but now that's pretty much the only place I see them :lol: They still like the back wall too.

Yep...there's that big polyp and then a tiny baby that you can't see. I never did move the frag. But, whatever was bothering it seems to have stopped now. If it wasn't the ST. Thomas shroom than it must be a chemistry thing. I haven't been dosing phyto like I used to. My reasoning was because I removed most of the cotton-candy infested chaeto and had to buy new chaeto which just didn't thrive like the old chaeto. I wanted to cut down on nutrients going in so I didn't cause a huge algae explosion. Since removing the good chaeto I've got a lot of bubble algae right now and the cotton-candy stuff is growing pretty well too. Side effects of less dosing has been my big orange sponge is turning white on top!!!!!! I've decided to go back to normal phyto dosing cuz I don't want to lose that sponge!!!!! Could have been what was bothering the palys too.

Hmmm, the palys are being weird. I don't dose phyto or anything so its not like they were used to getting fed in my tank. I have enough crazy greedy fish and then all my stars and hermits as scavengers that I feed a lot of food and some of it inevitably settles on the zoas to be eaten. Other than that, I don't feed them. My guess it that it was something else ticking them off, but who knows. At least they seem to be doing better now!

Hmmm, the palys are being weird. I don't dose phyto or anything so its not like they were used to getting fed in my tank. I have enough crazy greedy fish and then all my stars and hermits as scavengers that I feed a lot of food and some of it inevitably settles on the zoas to be eaten. Other than that, I don't feed them. My guess it that it was something else ticking them off, but who knows. At least they seem to be doing better now!

Yeah...it will just remain a mystery for now :)

Poor tank going away :-(. Superman rhodactis look awesome! :-)

Yeah...I really like them a lot! Look at that tank though...the corals definitely could use some leg room LOL.

Are you having a retirement party for your tank? It deserves a gold watch for its service to this community.:lol:

Polarcollision

I have some photos! I made some time to take them today :) These will probably be the last of the photos for this tank. I'm sad, but incredibly happy to upgrade too!!! Guess this tank won't see a year old. Just short by one month!!!!!!

060313no5_zps03785e7c.jpg

Are these rodactus (sp?) mushrooms? I'm dreaming up a softie/macro tank and want something this cool in it!

They are! Those are red/orange and blue superman rhodactis. I LOVE them :D I can't wait to give them more room in the new tank to spread their wings!!!! They are so cramped right now. Eventually I should be able to sell them if you don't find some before then, I'll hook you up :D

Are these rodactus (sp?) mushrooms? I'm dreaming up a softie/macro tank and want something this cool in it!

forgot to quote so you know I responded LOL.

Archived