Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The 28 Gallon Itch

gena

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben
As always, love yer pics!! Do those sexies breed like the FW one's??

No. Saltwater species almost all have a larval phase, so it is very difficult to rear them, and I don't know of many (if any at all, really) that have had a lot of success with it.

I love all your pictures!
Yay pichurs are teh bestest! B)

Thank you, both :happy: I have fun taking them...when they turn out!!!!!

Yeah I'm going to post in the SSS (shrimp seeking shrimp) section of Criagslist tomorrow. :) Or maybe go to my LFS... I'll just get one if 3:1 seems like a good ratio.

You're so making me want to invest in a camera. Not that my tank or pics would compete. :D

:lol: My females don't really fight. I'll occasionally see one chase another away. I've always heard odd numbers of sexies are good. But I see no real problems with my 3:1 ratio. A nice camera is a plus in this hobby, for sure. It helps to kow how to use it. I need to take a class or something. I know it has amazing capabilities that I can't put to use yet.

i love what you've done with this tank, it looks so...carribean. :)

Thanks, Squared!!!!! That's exactly what I'm going for. This is why I like buying my livestock from sealifeinc. I'm thinking of getting a trio of their rusty gobies. Not sure if they'll fight with my green-banded goby though.

As always, love yer pics!! Do those sexies breed like the FW one's??

No. Saltwater species almost all have a larval phase, so it is very difficult to rear them, and I don't know of many (if any at all, really) that have had a lot of success with it.

Thanks, Mark! Ben is right. I've actually never heard of anyone successfully rearing them. Wouldn't it be nice if they were as easy to raise as the cherry shrimp???????

Alright....gonna dump the rest of the photos. I had to move my purple people eaters out of this tank and into the NC12. Saw a sexy shrimp eating the skirts on it...urgh! So far that seems to be the only coral bothered by them. Although it's possible they messed with the Blue Agaves as well. I need to keep an eye on things...a close eye!!!!! Guess I need to up my feeding for them. I also moved a clump of the pink galaxy off the sandbed and onto the rocks. As you'll see in one of the photos below, the dwarf ceriths were all up in it. I looked closely with my magnifying glass and saw they were eating holes in the stalks!!!!!!! I think that's it for updates.

Pictures......

082712no11.jpg

082712no10.jpg

082712no9.jpg

Cool reddish sponge

082712no8.jpg

082712no7.jpg

082712no5.jpg

082712no4.jpg

• Like 1
You know I'm a big proponent for feeding more and more. :D

I know!!!! -_- I need to go feed everybody now ;)

That entire dump can only be described as sexy (pun intended).

:lol: Thanks!!! I have so many sexies, it's hard not to get one or two in a photo!!!!!

I've added on to my sealifeinc order. I'll be getting a mated pair of rusty gobies!!!!!! I was a little concerned with how the pair would interact with the GBG, but that's no longer a concern. I was able to net the little guy and he's back in the NC12. I feel kind of bad removing him from there. He really seemed to enjoy it...all the pods and macros (heck, I would rather live in there than the NC12...maybe I'm just projecting :lol:). Oh well...the NC12 has macros too and soon enough the corals will fill that place in.

It's a damn good thing I make my RODI water in the sink because I overflow the jug EVERY TIME!!!!!! :lol:

Just did it again. Have to make another 5 gallons and I'm sure I'll do the same thing again :slap: I know I can't be the only one that does this. Too many things going on at one time omgomgomg

I put my jugs in an empty salt bucket. That way when it over flows I can pour the water into an empty jug.

That's a great idea! I usually catch it right when it starts or shortly after it starts to overflow so thankfully I don't think I lose too much. It just ticks me off when I forget about it :lol:

I thought about you today :happy: Had to go to the vet's office to get some flea control for the pets. Have you started the new job?

Yes!

I started on Monday, I've had 3 straight 9 hour days!

Feels good to be employed though,especially when that check comes around. I think Morgan is getting ready to update her site with more rock flower anemones !! :D

It's a damn good thing I make my RODI water in the sink because I overflow the jug EVERY TIME!!!!!! :lol:

Just did it again. Have to make another 5 gallons and I'm sure I'll do the same thing again :slap: I know I can't be the only one that does this. Too many things going on at one time omgomgomg

I'm at 90% overflow rate. I applaud myself when I don't. Mine sits on top of the washing machine so it ends up dripping inside the washer and drains out of it... Lol

Yes!

I started on Monday, I've had 3 straight 9 hour days!

Feels good to be employed though,especially when that check comes around. I think Morgan is getting ready to update her site with more rock flower anemones !! :D

Awesome!!!!! and I saw here photos in the gallery!!!! Those purple rics looked very tempting :lol: Of course her rock flower anemones look outstanding too!!!!!

I'm at 90% overflow rate. I applaud myself when I don't. Mine sits on top of the washing machine so it ends up dripping inside the washer and drains out of it... Lol

:lol: I leave the light on in the laundry room to remind me that I'm making water. It helps. Your system works out well!!!!!

Can't tell you how many times I've flooded the bathroom floor making water. Whenever my wife sees me heading to make water, she just hands me a stack of towels -_-

Can't tell you how many times I've flooded the bathroom floor making water. Whenever my wife sees me heading to make water, she just hands me a stack of towels -_-

Classic :) She probably secretly doesn't mind because everytime you make water, she gets a clean floor :lol:

Gave myself a pat on the back last night. I did NOT overflow the second jug of water :D

Headed out to the LFS to see if my wrasse came in this week. Again, not holding my breath :lol:

Awesome!!!!! and I saw here photos in the gallery!!!! Those purple rics looked very tempting :lol: Of course her rock flower anemones look outstanding too!!!!!

:lol: I leave the light on in the laundry room to remind me that I'm making water. It helps. Your system works out well!!!!!

It does but I cringe everytime I overflow. Wasting my rodi resins and filters! Lol

No wrasse today. He did have a pretty Carpenter's but that's not what I'm after. Looks like I'll probably have to order it online. His guy told him that the pink streaked wrasse doesn't come in often, maybe every other month and they only get like 4 at a time. It's first come first serve. So, my chances are pretty slim. I'll just order it online in a couple of weeks. I'll let my new rusty gobies settle in next week and then start looking :)

Took some pictures again today. I haven't touched the back wall algae since the pods love it so much. It's been clearing up all on it's own (with help of snails, I'm sure!). New FTS and a left side view...my favorite view. I'm not sure if I've shown that side off yet :happy:

FTS 8-30-12

083012no1.jpg

083012no2.jpg

Beautiful as always! I still see some open real estate in there! :)

Thanks, Mark :happy:

I have to leave room for growth, silly :lol:

I have my two gorgs coming in next week and I ordered some dragon's breath macro from ozzyvega (n-r member). Those items will pretty much round out the tank. It's going to be tricky squeezing in the dragon's breath. I think I know where I'm going to put it though. Looking forward to getting those things :)

I'm also considering a Royal Gramma Basselet. It's a Caribbean fish so it works in perfectly with my theme. The only thing is it can eat sexy shrimp. I may take the chance anyways.

Looselyhuman

Tank looks amazing.

I've had Royal Grammas and they are great fish, but if you want something of a similar shape and personality (a little more mellow perhaps, but also some interesting quirks) then maybe look at a Yellow Assessor. You won't get the purple, but you will get definite sexy compatibility. They are also available captive bred from ORA which is a plus IMO. I loved mine.

jedimasterben

I had a thick mat of red hair algae that was on the back of my tank, it had more pods than my chaeto clump did, I don't know why I scraped it off, it didn't even look bad. :/

And I managed to unknowingly purchase a Canon Rebel T3. :)

Thanks, Mark :happy:

I have to leave room for growth, silly :lol:

I have my two gorgs coming in next week and I ordered some dragon's breath macro from ozzyvega (n-r member). Those items will pretty much round out the tank. It's going to be tricky squeezing in the dragon's breath. I think I know where I'm going to put it though. Looking forward to getting those things :)

I'm also considering a Royal Gramma Basselet. It's a Caribbean fish so it works in perfectly with my theme. The only thing is it can eat sexy shrimp. I may take the chance anyways.

You and I plant our reef tanks like our gardens! B) BTW, where are you getting your gorgs from??

I never had a Royal Gramma but can they be agressive?

jedimasterben

I wouldn't. I've had a couple of them in the past, and both times they were both very aggressive, so if you have any passive or reclusive fish, they will not be a good combination.

Archived