Coral Vue Hydros

The 28 Gallon Itch

gena

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shouldve made him fish food after the crush ;-)

Didn't even cross my mind. There wasn't much "meat" in the thing at all and I wasn't about to dissect the thing :lol:

Ugh that's so creepy. Where there's one... :( Have you read that reefkeeping article on the guys author's battle/experiments with these things?

Hush!!!! Don't say that!!!! It was the ONLY one in my tank ;)fingerscrossed

I haven't read the article, I don't think :unsure:

Didn't even cross my mind. There wasn't much "meat" in the thing at all and I wasn't about to dissect the thing :lol:

Hush!!!! Don't say that!!!! It was the ONLY one in my tank ;)fingerscrossed

I haven't read the article, I don't think :unsure:

Oh boy. I almost hate to be the one to share it with you. :scarry:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/bp/index.php

Hoping it's just the one!!! fingerscrossed

Wild (and scary) sometimes thinking about all of the creepy crawlies lurking in the dark corners of our tanks sometimes. I remember seeing the 2-4" bristle worm that used to be in my 20H and thinking to myself, "probably shouldn't call the wife in to see this one." ;)

Gena = "Maven of Macro and Isopod Hunter"

Oh boy. I almost hate to be the one to share it with you. :scarry:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/bp/index.php

Hoping it's just the one!!! fingerscrossed

Eek! I bookmarked that page. Looks exactly like what I caught!!!!!! I'm going to think positively. That was the ONLY one in my tank ;)

I lol'ded :lol::mellow:

+1

:lol:

Kill dem bugs Gena, you don't need any blood sucking parasites in your tank, its too pretty.

Kill dat bug!!!!! It was the only one ;)

Wild (and scary) sometimes thinking about all of the creepy crawlies lurking in the dark corners of our tanks sometimes. I remember seeing the 2-4" bristle worm that used to be in my 20H and thinking to myself, "probably shouldn't call the wife in to see this one." ;)

Gena = "Maven of Macro and Isopod Hunter"

Ohhhh....I Love "Maven of Macro"!!!!!! Not so much "Isopod Hunter" :lol:

Bristle worms don't bother me in the least. Never have. Even big ones!!!!! I've never touched one though, so maybe that's the difference.

Sooooooo excited to get my Sealife order tomorrow. Not looking forward to having to acclimate critters though. It's amazing how fast 1-2 hours goes, during the acclimation.

Bristle worms don't bother me in the least. Never have. Even big ones!!!!! I've never touched one though, so maybe that's the difference.

Bristleworms, ugh ;)

I had some big ones that shared a hole with a watchman goby and pistol shrimp. I dont blame my goby for carpet surfing.

Good plan.

Also: Look for them at night. :lol:

I just looked about 30 minutes ago...and saw......NONE!!!!!! I have a ton of stomatellas, so everytime I saw one of those, my heart skipped a beat :lol: No isopods though (knocks on wood). I'll spy on the tank again right before I go to bed.

Bristleworms, ugh ;)

I had some big ones that shared a hole with a watchman goby and pistol shrimp. I dont blame my goby for carpet surfing.

I've got a couple of big ones in my tank. Poor goby :(

Make sure you take pictures of your new stuff :haha:

I definitely will :)

I just looked about 30 minutes ago...and saw......NONE!!!!!! I have a ton of stomatellas, so everytime I saw one of those, my heart skipped a beat :lol: No isopods though (knocks on wood). I'll spy on the tank again right before I go to bed.

fingerscrossed

All sweet babies have arrived alive and are now acclimating :happydance:

omgomgomg

These gobies are soooo tiny!!!!! And adorable :wub:

Mr. Bean (the porcelain crab...yeah, I named him already :lol:) is pretty small and cute himself :happy:

Still floating the gorgs but will put them in soon.

How did I miss that you were ordering gobies?!?! What species?

They are a confirmed mated pair of rusty gobies. They are from the Caribbean. So I shouldn't have to go through the "I'm the boss" stage :)

http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info...products_id=190

Gorgs are in and they are huge! The feather gorg is what I expected, but the other one will not fit, as is, in the spot I intended. I found another spot for it. Soon I will have to trim that one down since it's almost touching the side glass. They also threw in an extra (cuz they are just so cool :)). This one I put in my NC12. It's the same type and size I had in there last year. It's like old times again :happy:

They are a confirmed mated pair of rusty gobies. They are from the Caribbean. So I shouldn't have to go through the "I'm the boss" stage :)

Gorgs are in and they are huge! The feather gorg is what I expected, but the other one will not fit, as is, in the spot I intended. I found another spot for it. Soon I will have to trim that one down since it's almost touching the side glass. They also threw in an extra (cuz they are just so cool :)). This one I put in my NC12. It's the same type and size I had in there last year. It's like old times again :happy:

omgomgomg PIIIIIIIIIIIICS

Awesome little fish! Hope you see them occassionally. :D

And of course, feel free to send me frags when you start hacking those gorgs!!

omgomgomg PIIIIIIIIIIIICS

This.

And of course, feel free to send me frags when you start hacking those gorgs!!

This.

You got it ;) I'll need to start hacking soon on the one!!!!

Here are some quick pics for you guys. FTS showing the new gorgs. I'm sure you can figure out which ones are the new ones. (hint: right side). The lower one sitting horizontally is the one I have to trim. It's way bigger than I expected, but that's ok (NOT complaining ;)). I'll probably put one of the trim piece toward the top on the right side. That's where I had intended to place that one in the first place :)

FTS 9-5-12:

090512no1.jpg

After observing him, the name Mr. Bean just doesn't fit. He's now Captain Morgan or "The Captain" for short. I'll reserve Mr. Bean for another critter ;) He's been fanning the water (eating) everytime I look at him:

090512no2.jpg

And finally. One of the muppets. They remind me of little muppets so much!!!!! Looks like they'll spend a lot of time hanging out upside down :)

090512no3.jpg

I'll try to get better pictures of everything, but that's it for now. This is a rush job :)

Those gorgs are looking great! I'm definitely going to buy a few when I put my order into sealife later this month! I love the gobies and porcelain crabs are awesome too. The Captain, haha thats a great name for the little guy.

jedimasterben

OMG I didn't realize Sealife inc is so close to me! Well, a few hours away, anyway, so I get cheap shipping. ;)

And they have Atlantic Deer Cowries!!

EDIT: hmm, maybe not cheap shipping. :/

Archived