Pod Your Reef

The 28 Gallon Itch

gena

Mostly online. Sealifeinc has a nice variety. That's where I've gotten most of them. I did get one at my LFS. I'm so ready to purchase one of Sealife's purple feather gorgonians but I just placed my order at reefcleaners for a cleanup crew. I took all of the snails from the 10g macro tank but still needed more. Of course I had to check out his macro algae and he had something I'd not seen before. Apparently it is a rare calcerous type of macro. Looks kinda like my redbone algae but it's a pink in lower lighting. I did a google for images and it looks pretty sweet. They weren't too expensive, but I had to up shipping to Express which is never a good thing on the wallet :lol:

I'll have my snails and macros tomorrow. I got two of the macros. One for this tank and one for the NC12. Hopefully the hermits in my NC12 won't mess with it ;)

Now I've got to find a place for it in this tank. I may put it front and center on the sandbed for now. I have to see what, if anything, it's attached to.

Aquascapers also has some very nice looking gorgs! I will probably order some from them at some point. I believe they are a sponsor here on N-R.

Funny, I was just looking @ aquascapers site for gorgs!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny, I was just looking @ aquascapers site for gorgs!

Me too!!!!! I'm obsessed with gorgs now!!!!! I'm gonna be a gorg hoarder :lol:

I also got my gorgs from Sea Life Inc! Those purple feather grogs look amazing!

I know!!!!! So much pressure :lol: I'll probably buckle next week :lol:

Thanks for the feedback on where you've gotten your Gorgs in the past, Gena. I checked out SeaLife Inc a while back but wasn't looking for anything particular at the time so I'll have to check again with them. Sounds like they have some nice varieties. I'll also have to check Aquascapers....always good to support a sponsor.

Looking forward to seeing the new macro that you get. I bet it's going to be stunning placed in your reef.

-Adam

I'd love to try a gorg some time, but I'd have to upgrade my lights first, and that's not gonna happen any time soon.

The light you have currently is plenty!!!!! I had a gorg with my stock lighting and it did fantastically. Here's a pic. of one in my NC12 with stock lighting!

fts-3.jpg

I'd say go for it now ;)

I just got my pink galaxy from John, and day-um is it awesome! :wub:

John is a rockstar.

Awesome! That's the one!!!!! Mine comes today :happydance:

Thanks for the feedback on where you've gotten your Gorgs in the past, Gena. I checked out SeaLife Inc a while back but wasn't looking for anything particular at the time so I'll have to check again with them. Sounds like they have some nice varieties. I'll also have to check Aquascapers....always good to support a sponsor.

Looking forward to seeing the new macro that you get. I bet it's going to be stunning placed in your reef.

-Adam

No problem! I hope I can find a good spot for the new macro. May have to do some rearranging today ;)

Wow... tank is very well balanced! Awesome!

Thanks so much :happy:

looking good!

Thanks, Med!!!! :happy:

Well....I buckled/caved...however you want to call it. My purple feather gorgonia has been ordered :lol: As well as one other ;) And....one of those porcelain crabs. I loved Danielle's so much when she ordered hers. They are so cute! I plan to get one of the white ones too, eventually.

I'll be making a trip to my LFS later today to see if he was able to get my wrasse. I'm not holding my breath :lol:

Snails and macro arrived yesterday, from John. They are everything and more...literally. My hermits started messing with the macro in the NC12 so both have ended up in this tank. I hope it does well for me. Thinks that's it.

Oh...saw a freaky looking creature in the tank last night. Had a roly poly body (same size) with two beady black eyes and short antennae and a squatty lobsterish tail. Dear Lord...please let it be reef safe. I've never seen anything like it before. I'm pretty sure it's not a mantis. He was quite comical actually. Meandering around the rocks. Wasn't afraid of my flashlight either. I didn't get a picture of it.

Yay for new stuff!!

I know :happydance:

I'm dying to know your secret with the new tank :ninja:

I think the weird creature was an isopod of some sort. He didn't seem like the type of creature that would suck the blood of my fish, but :scarry:

Woohoo!! Sounds like you got some great stuff and have more goodies on the way.

What you described sounds exactly like an isopod. Made me think of this :)

isopod2.jpg

jedimasterben

isopod2.jpg

Makes me think of this:

giant-isopod-front-se42.jpg

i-1c2e48e8a6d27362c0b1dfcbb06952fe-unknown.jpg

I posted a new picture on my thread :D

Cool...I'll go check it out :)

What you described sounds exactly like an isopod.

My isopod is much tinier, and cuter, and has animated big black eyes on it's head. I will still annihilate it if I get the chance :lol:

Seriously though...he looked like a little cartoon character. Maybe if I give it a cute name, that will make it harmless to my tank. I just hope some morning I don't find him attached to one of my fish!!!!!

Picture time!!!!!! Yes, my back wall is still filthy. The pods love it though ;) And I still have a patch of cyano on one of the front rocks. My tank is still a baby though :happy:

New pink macro:

pinkgalaxy.jpg

leftside.jpg

FTS 8-24-12

fts8-24-12.jpg

sideshot-2.jpg

leftside2.jpg

WOW!

Thank you, Mr. Fucci!!!!! :lol:

We're in the pink galaxy club. :)

Cool!!!! I'm supposed to be in the pink streaked wrasse club too when I get my wrasse. Speaking of which, the LFS didn't get one for me this week. He never made it to the supplier that has every fish. Oh well, I'll try again next week :)

jedimasterben
Cool!!!! I'm supposed to be in the pink streaked wrasse club too when I get my wrasse. Speaking of which, the LFS didn't get one for me this week. He never made it to the supplier that has every fish. Oh well, I'll try again next week :)

Mine sometimes does that. His store is a one man show, he takes care of the storefront and the maintenance, so sometimes he just doesn't have time to go grab anything from Miami.

But when he does, it's good stuff. ;)

I came home yesterday to my urchin wearing a clump of the pink galaxy!! I was so mad at him!

nevermore1701

isopod2.jpg

If I EVER saw anything like that I'd be running for my 12ga. before I finished peeing my pants!

Archived