inTank Media Baskets

The 28 Gallon Itch

gena

Hey!!!! You stopped in!!!!! Yay :happydance: Yep, I'm still here posting!!!!!! I think we all took a break around the same time, but I came back and you guys didn't :lol:

Thanks!!!! It does have a really mature look fast. I had so much to transfer to it and the macros really give it that look. Looking forward to hearing how the frag swap went. I haven't checked Facebook yet tonight to see if you mentioned it ;)

:happy:

I didn't realize anyone had come back or I would have as well. I'll have to try to update my thread on here a bit more often. I did post a brief comment about the frag swap on Facebook, but I plan to do a more detailed post on here tomorrow...I know I said today but I got tired and decided hanging out with a glass of wine was more fun haha. I'll snap some photos tomorrow and so a full update.

And I agree, the macros really make that tank look like its been set up longer. :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't realize anyone had come back or I would have as well. I'll have to try to update my thread on here a bit more often. I did post a brief comment about the frag swap on Facebook, but I plan to do a more detailed post on here tomorrow...I know I said today but I got tired and decided hanging out with a glass of wine was more fun haha. I'll snap some photos tomorrow and so a full update.

And I agree, the macros really make that tank look like its been set up longer. :)

I hope you do post updates more often!!!!! I'll check out FB in a sec. Welcome back :happydance:

Your tank is looking awesome gena! I have always loved the natural look of your tanks. All of the macro looks awesome! I just decided today that I am combining my 3 and 14 into an innovative marine 30 gallon, I hope it will be as awesome as your tank. I started a threa in te aio forums. You should stop by :)

Thank you :) I'll make sure to put in appearances more often. I feel so behind on reef talk!

Don't forget to update your thread on Monday!!!!! I'm dying to see your tank...it's been soooo long!!!!!

Your tank is looking awesome gena! I have always loved the natural look of your tanks. All of the macro looks awesome! I just decided today that I am combining my 3 and 14 into an innovative marine 30 gallon, I hope it will be as awesome as your tank. I started a threa in te aio forums. You should stop by :)

Thanks JG!!!!! I'll definitely go find your thread :)

You should get a neon + sharknose goby pair :P

I'll look into that, but I'm pretty set on my blue neon goby pair and 3 masked gobies!!!!! I think I might order the neons this week. I'd like to get all at once to save on shipping, but that's a lot of fish to acclimate at one time!!!! I absolutely hate acclimating fish/critters :lol: So, I'll order the neons and the porcelain crab for now, either this week or next.

Don't forget to update your thread on Monday!!!!! I'm dying to see your tank...it's been soooo long!!!!!

I'll look into that, but I'm pretty set on my blue neon goby pair and 3 masked gobies!!!!! I think I might order the neons this week. I'd like to get all at once to save on shipping, but that's a lot of fish to acclimate at one time!!!! I absolutely hate acclimating fish/critters :lol: So, I'll order the neons and the porcelain crab for now, either this week or next.

Yes acclimating a lot of fish and corals can indeed be a lot of work but as you know Gena it needs to be done, and can't be avoided.

Do you QT them as well ?

If I hadn't already promised both of my porcelain anemone crabs to Kat, I would send you one! For now, they are living in my sump and being friends with my mantis. :) (no, literally, they hang out on the return pump's intake and the mantis hangs out right under it, I think he's their backup ;) )

Yes acclimating a lot of fish and corals can indeed be a lot of work but as you know Gena it needs to be done, and can't be avoided.

Do you QT them as well ?

No. I do not quarantine. The only time I ever quarantined fish was when I first started in the hobby. I was all about doing things the right way. I've gotten lazy over the years. Bad on my part -_-

If I hadn't already promised both of my porcelain anemone crabs to Kat, I would send you one! For now, they are living in my sump and being friends with my mantis. :) (no, literally, they hang out on the return pump's intake and the mantis hangs out right under it, I think he's their backup ;) )

Awww..that's ok. It's the thought that counts :happy: Did you catch them yourself? I'm only looking to get the brown variety.

Same. Actually, I don't really mind acclimating/dipping corals, but fish/other inverts are time consuming.

It is time consuming. I don't have enough hours in my day as it is :lol:

No. I do not quarantine. The only time I ever quarantined fish was when I first started in the hobby. I was all about doing things the right way. I've gotten lazy over the years. Bad on my part -_-

Tsk tsk. I learned my lesson, twice. The odds just are never in our favor. :(

Awww..that's ok. It's the thought that counts :happy: Did you catch them yourself? I'm only looking to get the brown variety.

Brown or purple? Porcelain anemone crabs are from Indonesia and look like this:

p-79869-crab.jpg

Regular porcelain crabs (non-symbiotic) are purple/blue/black and from the Caribbean.

p-80342-crab.jpg

Just think, almost all of my acclimation time starts when I get home, usually from out of town, at around 11:00PM. :eek:

Actually I don't either but do dip them to get a least some protection from introducing something I do not need and do not want : - )

Actually I don't either but do dip them to get a least some protection from introducing something I do not need and do not want : - )

Unfortunately, most nasties need a dip far longer than the fish could ever tolerate to eliminate it. :/

Tsk tsk. I learned my lesson, twice. The odds just are never in our favor. :(

I know :slap: <----me slapping myself :lol:

Brown or purple? Porcelain anemone crabs are from Indonesia

Regular porcelain crabs (non-symbiotic) are purple/blue/black and from the Caribbean.

Caribbean of course :happy: In my simple world, I distinguish between the porcelain crabs as follows: Indonesian = white and Caribbean = brown.

Just think, almost all of my acclimation time starts when I get home, usually from out of town, at around 11:00PM. :eek:

You are crrraaazzzyyy!!!!!

That's more than I do.

Gena you should be my facebook friend! :)

I have quite a few NR friends that are friends on FB. I'll send you a PM ;)

In tank news....I placed another order with KP Aquatics (formerly Sealifeinc). I ordered my blue neon goby mated pair, a porcelain crab buddy (or luvva) for "Captain Morgan", and one pederson anemone shrimp. I have to make the order worthwhile for the shipping cost. I'll still need to place one more order with them to get my masked gobies.

Caribbean of course :happy: In my simple world, I distinguish between the porcelain crabs as follows: Indonesian = white and Caribbean = brown.

So what does that make my 3 blue ones?

In tank news....I placed another order with KP Aquatics (formerly Sealifeinc). I ordered my blue neon goby mated pair, a porcelain crab buddy (or luvva) for "Captain Morgan", and one pederson anemone shrimp. I have to make the order worthwhile for the shipping cost. I'll still need to place one more order with them to get my masked gobies.

omgomgomg

I forgot how exciting it was to hear about other people buying new stuff! This is why I will be checking NR more often. Exciting! And I love Sealife Inc :)

I really like blue neon gobies, so good choice. And also, I love your porcelain crabs name :D

So what does that make my 3 blue ones?

Caribbean???? or "brown" :lol:

Did you get those from sealifeinc?

omgomgomg

I forgot how exciting it was to hear about other people buying new stuff! This is why I will be checking NR more often. Exciting! And I love Sealife Inc :)

I really like blue neon gobies, so good choice. And also, I love your porcelain crabs name :D

Thanks!!!! I'm excited to get the neon gobies too!!!!! I'm obsessed with nano gobies now :)

Speaking of.....I got my back issues of Coral magazine yesterday. The May/June issue features NANO GOBIES!!!!! omgomgomg I can't put that magazine down!!!!!! It's right up my alley :happy:

Caribbean???? or "brown" :lol:

Did you get those from sealifeinc?

No, believe it or not, all 3 of them were hitch hikers and they're all the nice bright blue ones. I guess I got lucky!

Thanks!!!! I'm excited to get the neon gobies too!!!!! I'm obsessed with nano gobies now :)

Speaking of.....I got my back issues of Coral magazine yesterday. The May/June issue features NANO GOBIES!!!!! omgomgomg I can't put that magazine down!!!!!! It's right up my alley :happy:

Nano gobies are pretty awesome! I'd love some of the neon gobies but I have a feeling the tiny little guys would get picked on by my big coral beauty and clowns. I'll just enjoy looking at photos of your cute little gobies instead! What all fish are in the 28 gallon at the moment? Only the big clown is in your 12 gallon, correct?

No, believe it or not, all 3 of them were hitch hikers and they're all the nice bright blue ones. I guess I got lucky!

Nano gobies are pretty awesome! I'd love some of the neon gobies but I have a feeling the tiny little guys would get picked on by my big coral beauty and clowns. I'll just enjoy looking at photos of your cute little gobies instead! What all fish are in the 28 gallon at the moment? Only the big clown is in your 12 gallon, correct?

Hmmm...I think I need to see a photo of them again!!!!!

Right now I have the two O-clowns and two rusty gobies. The 12g has the b/w clown and a green banded goby. The female GBG went missing. I need to redo the photos in my signature to reflect the current inhabitants in this tank. I'll do that soon :)

I was feeding this morning and realized what a perfect time it was to take some photos. All current was shut down which is the ideal time for a photo shoot!!!!! The rusty gobies were hiding in the shadows so I didn't get any of them. They are my secretive little elves :lol: Hopefully the neon and masked gobies will be less shy.

091112no9.jpg

Ohhhh...scary worm. Nah...not really. I kinda like them.

091112no8.jpg

091112no7.jpg

I took this FTS sitting on the floor and shooting up. I thought it looked like an interesting angle.

091112no6.jpg

091112no5.jpg

091112no4.jpg

091112no3.jpg

091112no2.jpg

The pale red macro, on the sand, is my dragon's breath macro. It spent 6 days in transit...darn USPS!!!!! I think it will pull through though. Some of it melted, but the rest seems to be holding steady.

091112no1.jpg

Right now I have the two O-clowns and two rusty gobies. The 12g has the b/w clown and a green banded goby. The female GBG went missing. I need to redo the photos in my signature to reflect the current inhabitants in this tank. I'll do that soon :)

I was feeding this morning and realized what a perfect time it was to take some photos. All current was shut down which is the ideal time for a photo shoot!!!!! The rusty gobies were hiding in the shadows so I didn't get any of them. They are my secretive little elves :lol: Hopefully the neon and masked gobies will be less shy.

Very very nice Gena !

The rusty gobies were hiding in the shadows so I didn't get any of them. They are my secretive little elves :lol: Hopefully the neon and masked gobies will be less shy.

Mine is pretty shy, but getting better. The Sharknose is bold as brass :lol: but he's also full grown where the Neon is about a 1/3 of its size. My female clown didn't even try bothering the Sharkie upon entry lol.

So...if you ever feel like harvesting some Ulva I'd love a pm :ninja:

The pale red macro, on the sand, is my dragon's breath macro. It spent 6 days in transit...darn USPS!!!!! I think it will pull through though. Some of it melted, but the rest seems to be holding steady.

091112no1.jpg

Looking at the picture Gena I think it is going to make it ... it does not look in bad shape IMO.

I have been looking for some but have not been able to find any at a good price .. but no rush, I'm sure I'll find some one of these days.

Hey gena have you had any issues with your sexy shrimp nipping at your corals? I would love to put 3 or 4 in my 30 but I had some nippers in my 3 gallon that took out a couple zoa colonies even though I was feeding them on a regular basis.

Very very nice Gena !

Thanks, Albert :happy:

Mine is pretty shy, but getting better. The Sharknose is bold as brass :lol: but he's also full grown where the Neon is about a 1/3 of its size. My female clown didn't even try bothering the Sharkie upon entry lol.

So...if you ever feel like harvesting some Ulva I'd love a pm :ninja:

That Ulva is growing like crazy. I've seen the dwarf ceriths on it though...little stinkers!!!!

Those clowns are so cute! :wub:

Awe...thanks!!!! They are pretty adorable. Live Aquaria has the cutest clowns!!!!!

Looking at the picture Gena I think it is going to make it ... it does not look in bad shape IMO.

I have been looking for some but have not been able to find any at a good price .. but no rush, I'm sure I'll find some one of these days.

I think so too, Albert. Seems to be looking stronger today than it did yesterday, even.

Hey gena have you had any issues with your sexy shrimp nipping at your corals? I would love to put 3 or 4 in my 30 but I had some nippers in my 3 gallon that took out a couple zoa colonies even though I was feeding them on a regular basis.

Yep. They were picking at my purple people eaters from Hawaii, so I moved those into my NC12. They've picked here and there at other stuff. I notice when I feed twice a day, I have no troubles from them. I'm sure they are sneaking nibbles behind my back though. But, no major damage. I love to hate those little guys. Actually, I love them more than I hate them....for now!!!!!

Archived