inTank Media Baskets

Jessy's Radion RSM 130d

Jessy-Ray

Not sure if anyone has already stated it, but your FTS picture states 10/06/2012? Did I go to sleep in July, and wake up to October?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if anyone has already stated it, but your FTS picture states 10/06/2012? Did I go to sleep in July, and wake up to October?

No, Jessy Ray is in the part of the world where they write it as DD/MM/YYYY

not MM/DD/YYYY as the USA.

Kat is right, that's how it's done down here :lol:

Nice pics mate, tank is looking great!

Cheers mate, I'm getting there slowly.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been pretty quite up in here, nothing really changed.

The Dragons breath is HUGE, gonna try and frag it and give out to people I know. Zoas are multiplying like nobodies business! and SPS are also growing really well, lots of encrusting and heaps of PE. The smallest frag has polyps extending from the flat encrusted section!!.

I am moving in maybe a fortnight which is gonna be a PITA. Someone from my LFS has offered to lend me another tank etc to help with the move. My idea was to set the temp tank up at the new place and move 1/3rd of the rock into the new tank and let that stabilise for however long, Then move all the stock into that. Then I would bring the RSM to the new place set it up with the other 2/3rds rock and let that stabilise, then transfer everything back into the RSM.

What do you guys reckon? am I making it to hard?. Leaving the RSM where it is for a little while shouldn't be an issue as I am moving out but roommates are staying.

Well it's been pretty quite up in here, nothing really changed.

The Dragons breath is HUGE, gonna try and frag it and give out to people I know. Zoas are multiplying like nobodies business! and SPS are also growing really well, lots of encrusting and heaps of PE. The smallest frag has polyps extending from the flat encrusted section!!.

I am moving in maybe a fortnight which is gonna be a PITA. Someone from my LFS has offered to lend me another tank etc to help with the move. My idea was to set the temp tank up at the new place and move 1/3rd of the rock into the new tank and let that stabilise for however long, Then move all the stock into that. Then I would bring the RSM to the new place set it up with the other 2/3rds rock and let that stabilise, then transfer everything back into the RSM.

What do you guys reckon? am I making it to hard?. Leaving the RSM where it is for a little while shouldn't be an issue as I am moving out but roommates are staying.

Good to hear things are going well for you! On the move, maybe consider setting up the temp tank near the RSM, move everthing in there you can, then take your time to set up the RSM in your new place. :mellow::huh:

The Dragons breath is HUGE, gonna try and frag it and give out to people I know.

Cool! Will be interesting to see how it frags .. I had some similar macro given to me unattached and it never found a foothold, eventually melting away. If you can frag and distribute it successfully I would be keen to buy some if you would post to Mel =0)

Sounds like a lot of hassle the way you suggested ... but would probably save significant impact on your livestock, so if you have the time and patience I would go for it!

Good to hear things are going well for you! On the move, maybe consider setting up the temp tank near the RSM, move everthing in there you can, then take your time to set up the RSM in your new place. :mellow::huh:

That sounds good, thanks that makes even more sense to me than the original idea!!.

Cool! Will be interesting to see how it frags .. I had some similar macro given to me unattached and it never found a foothold, eventually melting away. If you can frag and distribute it successfully I would be keen to buy some if you would post to Mel =0)

Sounds like a lot of hassle the way you suggested ... but would probably save significant impact on your livestock, so if you have the time and patience I would go for it!

So I just tried the first frag

1FDBD742-9212-45A2-A1CC-C0840F9CF3A3-3893-0000050C9D5A29BA.jpg

I just cut a little bit off and clamped it between two rocks with superglue/putty and stuck it on the sandbed. If this one survives a fortnight???? I'll do maybe half a dozen more and I will send some to you no worries mate.

That sounds good, thanks that makes even more sense to me than the original idea!!.

So I just tried the first frag

I just cut a little bit off and clamped it between two rocks with superglue/putty and stuck it on the sandbed. If this one survives a fortnight???? I'll do maybe half a dozen more and I will send some to you no worries mate.

Sounds like a plan indeed ... and keep us posted on how it works out for you, hopefully it all goes as you want it to go ...

Thanks mate, I'll try to remember to take pics too.

Forgot to update my levels,

Calcium at the the end of the week is 480 ppm

Magnesium is 1440??? this test gives me troubles

ALK is the same as with the API and confirmed at 7 dkh.

Got to raise my ALK!

LOL^

I still don't know Mark, I'm focusing on the tank move ATM and will research more once everything calms down again. I am removing the current fish during the move (donating them to a friend) for several reasons. Will be getting a Helfrichi and a Possum Wrasse though I am also trying to get a Pink Streaked Wrasse.

On a different note, was talking to the owner of my LFS the other day and he is probably going to be ordering a pair of Gem Tangs :bling: :bling: :bling: , I am pretty excited to see them and hope he goes for it. They will be going in their display RSM S 650 both these together equals large amounts of want on my behalf :lol:

LOL^

I still don't know Mark, I'm focusing on the tank move ATM and will research more once everything calms down again. I am removing the current fish during the move (donating them to a friend) for several reasons. Will be getting a Helfrichi and a Possum Wrasse though I am also trying to get a Pink Streaked Wrasse.

On a different note, was talking to the owner of my LFS the other day and he is probably going to be ordering a pair of Gem Tangs :bling: :bling: :bling: , I am pretty excited to see them and hope he goes for it. They will be going in their display RSM S 650 both these together equals large amounts of want on my behalf :lol:

Hellfreaky? I love those, wish I had one!

Hope the move goes well for ya!

Maybe you just just chuck your RSM and get the 650 with those tangs!!!

LOL I wish!! would be looking at somewhere between $12-14k haha

I suppose I could sell my car......

Thanks heaps Amayeu, I was inspired by a few scapes here on NR (mainly MedReds). Your Av seems familiar, do you have a thread?

Thanks mate, I'll try to remember to take pics too.

Forgot to update my levels,

Calcium at the the end of the week is 480 ppm

Magnesium is 1440??? this test gives me troubles

ALK is the same as with the API and confirmed at 7 dkh.

Got to raise my ALK!

Just a little ... maybe to 9 or so ... with a high calcium level do it slowly so you do not get a calcium fall out though. FWIW

Just a little ... maybe to 9 or so ... with a high calcium level do it slowly so you do not get a calcium fall out though. FWIW

Agreed, ALK is stable now at 7 which isn't really a problem just at the lowest end of acceptable, everything is always happy with good growth across the board so it is a matter of interest not urgency for me.

Agreed, ALK is stable now at 7 which isn't really a problem just at the lowest end of acceptable, everything is always happy with good growth across the board so it is a matter of interest not urgency for me.

+1

NSW is 7.0 I believe.

:lol: I am going to get 1 of each the 2 common ultra types (bleeding apple which is the easiest to get and a war paint). This along with a revised sand bed shall be glorious B)

Archived