Cultivated Reef

Jessy's Radion RSM 130d

Jessy-Ray

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exmouth was pretty good. Got there at 1pm and it was 40 degrees under the verandah. I worked slept worked and was on the plane home before midday. I did get a nice steak feed and free booze all night so that was a definite plus!!.

Anyhow I am making some interesting purchases next weekend when My LFS are having a HUGE sale (which coincidentally falls right on my birthday :D ) AND! I managed to get few pics this morning!!!!

IMG_8320.jpg

IMG_8318.jpg

IMG_8316.jpg

Don't hate me Mark I tried.

Three f-ing pics???? C'mon man. :angry:

Seriously, those are nice! And happy b-day mate!

I hope you get yerself some nice stuff at the sale!!!!! :)

Hahaha sorry!, I have a couple more for ya.

Growth shot of the Strawberry shortcake

743BCD50-F4DD-4F4A-ACC0-89142F8F28D1-405-0000003A7F31C2F6.jpg

643D2162-FE5E-4EF2-8068-80FF023FA81C-405-0000003A881485B3.jpg

Then another of the clam.

IMG_8313.jpg

I also went to the LFS tonight to pick out my fish I'll be picking up on the weekend (along with a warpaint Scoly and an orange Ancora I spotted while I was there). I was in their quarantine facility and saw a Z.gemmatum and a Z.rostratum in side by side tanks! Holy ####. They haven't even cleared quarantine and have already sold for $5k+ (for both obviously)

45FE398B-4D03-4B26-9982-CE4C1A662B82-405-0000003A94079BFD.jpg

Thanks mate, yeah it was a good move I reckon. I wasn't worried about the reduction of the biofilter as I have a light bio load and am pretty spot on with my water changes.

Thanks Mate, I am getting there just gotta be patient. you wouldn't believe me if I told you how much I paid for that big red scoly, or any of the new additions actually. ;)

• 1 month later...

I recently lost 2-3 SPS frags due to an embarrassingly low ALK level (under 6 :(). I have rectified and and hoping for a full recovery on all others (as well as improvements in growth and colour as I am sure it has been like that for quite some time.)

I am getting a new fish tomorrow night!!

734534_10151191107346790_1178180271_n.jp

Yes!!!!

Yeah mark! I got a pair of these amazing dragonets. Freshly collected from the wild and already eating frozen foods!!!

Lol consistent!!!!!!!

Here is the first pic I've taken of them sleeping together

D2BD4748-A0A7-46A6-997F-E273D1FA491D-139

The tank looks awesome jessy and that strawberry shortcake is just ridiculous. Beautiful mandarin pair as well. I hope they do well for you.

Nah I can't tell, my friend at the LFS suspects the difference between genders is less pronounced in these guys.

If they are gay than I'm alright with that (I'd even let them get married) they are super friendly and even sleep together

The tank looks awesome jessy and that strawberry shortcake is just ridiculous. Beautiful mandarin pair as well. I hope they do well for you.

Thanks so much! It is my pride and joy!.

So do I they are amazing and I've waited a long time for them.

xerophyte_nyc

Nice! Are you feeding them something besides the pods in the tank? I sure hope so, because in that short vid clip I did not see it eat, it should be snatching up several ppm (pods per minute). I love how they hover like hummingbirds, scoping out prey.

They are gorgeous!
fat hungry little buggers too

They are eating heaps and heaps of frozen food, the video was taken just after they finished a heap of mysis/brine.

Thanks! That gallery is from the same place I got mine from.

They retail for between $250-$400 each here which means they will be considerably more when they make it to America

71111380-DA47-4161-A29E-7FCD602E27BA-683

C1FE2079-9C7C-46D0-B628-8BCA746AD8CF-683

Archived