Top Shelf Aquatics

Jessy's Radion RSM 130d

Jessy-Ray

I'm so jealous! That Mandarin pair is lovely. It is VERY easy to sex them, males have a very tall pointy spine in their dorsal fun, females don't. Be sure you have a pair before one kills each other, but they were sleeping together so hopefully you are good.

Eating frozen already is awesome!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Wow, they're definitely inspiring to own haha.

Are you in northern aus or southern aus?

Someone from southern aus told me their coral/fish prices are even more expensive than California prices. Scared the crap out of me when he said a true perc was $60 lololol.

Nah I got them from Vebas man

Ah, gotcha. Great to see them available and happy you got hold of a pair!

IIX - some things are much cheaper, some things are much more expensive.

• Like 1

Wow, they're definitely inspiring to own haha.

Are you in northern aus or southern aus?

Someone from southern aus told me their coral/fish prices are even more expensive than California prices. Scared the crap out of me when he said a true perc was $60 lololol.

I am indeed inspired

I am in south-west Aus

Yeah prices can be extreme, my Helfrichi which retails for around $100 in the US (from what I can tell from all my research) retails for $250 over here.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

I am indeed inspired

I am in south-west Aus

Yeah prices can be extreme, my Helfrichi which retails for around $100 in the US (from what I can tell from all my research) retails for $250 over here.

Lol, wowow. I heard northern Aus gets the real deal prices (Cheaper) according to this other southern aussie guy.

No kidding.

But aussie corals/fish are probably the best and worthiest from what I can tell.

Aussie corals are definitely world class.

Castiel will back me up when I say that all the best ones get shipped stateside before we even get a look in.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Aussie corals are definitely world class.

Castiel will back me up when I say that all the best ones get shipped stateside before we even get a look in.

Why is that?

It should be the other way around.... like Aussie corals goes to the Aussie state before it goes out of state :)

Why is that?

It should be the other way around.... like Aussie corals goes to the Aussie state before it goes out of state :)

I assume because their is a larger customer base in America than here.

Why is that?

Because you crazy Americans pay top dollar, so the collectors make more money from you than us Australians! The Aussie market isn't very frag focused, or nano for that matter ... most people have big tanks and therefore want full colonies. So a collector sells a rainbow acan colony to the US for a high price, the importer frags it up and charges a high price per frag - everyone makes money. Whereas in Aus, the LFS will want his acan colony for cheap because his customers will only pay a certain price for a colony.

Crazy thing is that importing coral into Australia is illegal, so we only get a choice of Australia, Australian or Australian. None of the crazy Tongan/Indonesian/Japanese stuff you get.

Deleted User 4

I assume because their is a larger customer base in America than here.

Hmmm.

Because you crazy Americans pay top dollar, so the collectors make more money from you than us Australians! The Aussie market isn't very frag focused, or nano for that matter ... most people have big tanks and therefore want full colonies. So a collector sells a rainbow acan colony to the US for a high price, the importer frags it up and charges a high price per frag - everyone makes money. Whereas in Aus, the LFS will want his acan colony for cheap because his customers will only pay a certain price for a colony.

Crazy thing is that importing coral into Australia is illegal, so we only get a choice of Australia, Australian or Australian. None of the crazy Tongan/Indonesian/Japanese stuff you get.

Lol but us paying top dollar....doesn't make sense because if your lfs sells it more costly than here....that means they paid for the wholesale price higher than here, U.s.... but you said we pay top dollar? I don't get it...ahah

Unless....maybe I haven't owned one of those super nice aussie pieces....because well I'm sure I've owned some aussie lps but seems like I still get it cheaper than you guys do...lol.

It's not that complicated, they ship the best stuff overseas end of story.

We can get the good stuff it is just more difficult.

Deleted User 4

It's not that complicated, they ship the best stuff overseas end of story.

We can get the good stuff it is just more difficult.

I see. I guess the best stuff* are in norcal ahah. I'm in socal but prices here are soo cheap so I'm guessing not the aussie best stuff here ajhahah.

Norcal charges pretty high on corals.

• 1 month later...

Archived