Top Shelf Aquatics

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

albertthiel
Greeting Everyone,

Can't Believe it's already been 4 months since i had set up this tank. I have finally pull out the DSLR camera and take some decent updated pictures of some new goodies that i have been stocking up on.

Great shots and great looking tank D'

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn I love this tank. I can't wait to watch this grow and mature. Love the separation in your aquascape. Also, I can't believe this setup is only 4 months old. Keep it up!

nor_cal_nano
I am flatter. Thanks you for the kind words!

Thank you so much for checking out Mr. TOTM. Your tank is also one of my favorites!

Thanks. Your tank will be in the club soon. I GUARANTEE it.

I love your tank David! :wub:
i love your creativeness tank also! :flower:

Looks awesome bro. The nem shrimp looks fantastic. I had a feelig yesterday that you would not leave without one of those little guys. Lol

Also the nem looks really healthy in that spot. It make take some time for the clowns to find it since it is small but no worries they should in time.

I guess you saw how happy i was to see the nem shrimp. thanks for pointing it out to me. i have been wanting it for the longest time.

Did you ever get any fish home with you? get you a nem shrimp to bro.

Great shots and great looking tank D'

Thank you albert! i finally told myself to stop being lazy and pull out the DSLR camera instead of the Iphone. lol

Damn I love this tank. I can't wait to watch this grow and mature. Love the separation in your aquascape. Also, I can't believe this setup is only 4 months old. Keep it up!

Thank you Aaron for visiting my thread and my tank. i can't wait til it grows in also! I having trouble with some SPS. it seem to not want to color up at all.

Thanks. Your tank will be in the club soon. I GUARANTEE it.
oh wow, that would be a dream come true but i am still far behind to join the club. :) you are to modest

Wanted to tryout Aquascapers website and see how well their business is so this is what i pickup tonight from the site.

Searchlight Zoas

searchlight-z-sociatus-13-polyps-2.jpg

True Purple Joker 'Vice Zoas

searchlight-z-sociatus-13-polyps-3.jpg

Hopefully everything will be good as what i was told they are good with their corals and shipping. Can't wait to receive them soon.

edit: These picture does not belong to me but i will take some pictures when they arrive!

This tank is a masterpiece! You have a Lalani pink yuma :wub:???? I'm soooo jealous!!!!

Gorgeous zoanthids you picked up tonight! I'm anxious to try out Aquascapers new site as well :)

Oh wow, I love those searchlight zoas.

Couple thoughts on the sps coloration...

Are the problem pieces wild or aquacultured?

Do you run GFO or have algae issues?

Your tank appears very blue/purple. Changing your spectrum up might show you colors that you just can't see now. Even changing bulb order can make a difference. I had to be careful with where I placed my Fiji Purple cause it would wash my blues out.

albertthiel
Wanted to tryout Aquascapers website and see how well their business is so this is what i pickup tonight from the site.

edit: These picture does not belong to me but i will take some pictures when they arrive!

Yes hopefully they will arrive in good shape and open up like the ones you show, which look Super indeed

VERY nice David! What bulbs are you using?
Thanks you my friend! I am currently using front to back ( Ati Blue plus, Ati coral plus, Ati Purple plus, Ati Blue plus, Ati coral plus, Ati Blue plus)

if there is a better way to set the bulb order please let me know. thanks!

This tank is a masterpiece! You have a Lalani pink yuma :wub:???? I'm soooo jealous!!!!

Gorgeous zoanthids you picked up tonight! I'm anxious to try out Aquascapers new site as well :)

Thanks you Miss Gena! I can't wait for them to come in tomorrow morning! it's on the way right now. Will give a good pictures and details!

Oh wow, I love those searchlight zoas.

Couple thoughts on the sps coloration...

Are the problem pieces wild or aquacultured?

Do you run GFO or have algae issues?

Your tank appears very blue/purple. Changing your spectrum up might show you colors that you just can't see now. Even changing bulb order can make a difference. I had to be careful with where I placed my Fiji Purple cause it would wash my blues out.

I love those searchlight too i been bugging them about it for awhile now. Can wait to put them in my tank and watch them grow!

I am not sure but i guess it is a mix of both i think but mostly aquaculture corals are in my tank.

No, not at the moment just Skimmer, chemipure elite and good ole chaeto

It is very hard to take picture and get the right color but this is the closest i can capture on the dslr camera. no photo editing just raw pictures.

Can you suggest another order on bulb setting? i be happy to make some changes as possible because this is my first time trying out T5 lights

i think i washed out the SPS but the middle bottom the sps looks good. i still see good polyps extension. but most at night time when the lights are out!

Yes hopefully they will arrive in good shape and open up like the ones you show, which look Super indeed

I can't wait albert! so excited that i can't sleep tonight. :)

Very nice sir, your sps seems to be taking off! I really like those hawaiin Pe, if you ever frag lmk.
Sure, i'll put you on the list! or we can trade off something if you like!

awesome! need close ups of your acan garden too
Hey buddy, i will try to take some close up on the Acan garden if i can get a good macro len for the Canon T1i camera. Any suggestion?
Did they arrive and now are they doing .. ?
Hi Albert,

Yes! They have arrived safely and on time by 10 a.m. this morning at my work place. The packing is superb my expectation. When I open up the package everything was pack really good and the box stayed cool. Both of the zoas I order open up in 5 mins at my work place. They special thing that Aquascaper made my day was they included an extra bonus zoa/ palys!!! I really liking what I order and this is a top notch seller that I would recommended anyone that would be interest on buying from them. I can't wait to get home tonight to put them in the tank.

I will take some more pictures of what I have received and post them on here for anyone to see.

Thanks you Aquascaper! You have my business now!

Best regard,

David

albertthiel
Hi Albert,

Yes! They have arrived safely and on time by 10 a.m. this morning at my work place. The packing is superb my expectation. When I open up the package everything was pack really good and the box stayed cool. Both of the zoas I order open up in 5 mins at my work place. They special thing that Aquascaper made my day was they included an extra bonus zoa/ palys!!! I really liking what I order and this is a top notch seller that I would recommended anyone that would be interest on buying from them. I can't wait to get home tonight to put them in the tank.

I will take some more pictures of what I have received and post them on here for anyone to see.

Best regard,

David

That is great to know D'

Thanks and glad to read that they are doing well !

Hi Albert,

Best regard,

David

Sounds awesome, David!!!!! I've always appreciated the freebie(s) they include with orders...they really have it going on :happy:

Just got back from the Fish store and oh wow they emptied out my wallet. Got some amazing deal and beautiful palys. I would like to thank Ocean Blue and Sea in the City for making my day. Thanks! Pictures will be posted once my lights comes on in a little bit.

Took a while to work my way through your thread but I like to start at the beginning to get the full story. Definitely sounds like you've gone through your ups and downs with this one but good grief what a masterpiece you have in the works. Although I would have spaced out those branching Acros a bit more (they grow FAST when happy and established) it's going to look like a beautiful, colorful, psychedelic forest in a few months. :wub:

The organization is top-notch, aquascape is un-freakin' real, and so your coral selection continues to compliment the layout. Glad to hear that the fish this time around have all stayed happy and healthy. Can't wait to see more pics of the Midnight clown and closer pics of the new additions.

-Adam

lol whats ur list of fish, couldn't find it through all of the pages... didn't look very hard, but will say its a beautiful tank!

Archived