Cultivated Reef

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
richardcharliesam

Awesome tank. I was enjoying the thread (aside from your downfalls) up until Singlefin's toe picture. puke.gif

Let's keep this reef safe and reef discusion please!

Single just pm me about that. It's not Something major. So just pm and could you delete that post and pictures. Thanks

David, I am following the progress of your tank, it's really coming together nicely. Very well done :bowdown:

you keep your scape from falling over because the weight is balanced out, not because the long overhang part is leaning on something?

albertthiel

Happy Birthday to Zeph .... I believe he is out of town but if he does not read this today I am sure he will when he returns

Have a Happy one and many many more Zeph

Albert

Happy Birthday to Zeph .... I believe he is out of town but if he does not read this today I am sure he will when he returns

Have a Happy one and many many more Zeph

Albert

Who's zeph? It's not my birthday until September.. Lol

jedimasterben

I think he posted on the wrong thread. ZephNYC, aka "the clamnapper" lol

albertthiel

Zeph who runs the Clam discussion forum and who created the thread I use ... and who has aquariums of all kinds with Clams and others with fish and corals and likes to try keeping anything that is HARD to maintain

You can find a lot of posts of Zeph on my thread and on the Clam one

Albert

Hey Albert, you need to start a new thread for Zeph's birthday wishes. This is d'espresso's thread. Happy early birthday David!!

albertthiel
Hey Albert, you need to start a new thread for Zeph's birthday wishes. This is d'espresso's thread. Happy early birthday David!!

Sorry about that .... apologies

Albert

Hi David, how cool is your tank in the heat? Do you run a chiller? I was also wondering if you have any before and after pictures from any of your 3 day lights out routine?

d'Espresso
Yo Dave, I saw a new shipment at Top Shelf Aquatics. They got 3 new meat corals that are sweet. If you remember the green clove polyps you wanted, they have some orange/green ones that are 100% better. Like 4-6 polyps per frag!

Just giving you a heads up. ;)

I checked them out on Sunday afternoon. I didn't see any meat corals left but i did got a great deal from kevin for some Fruit loops zoas, Neon Hammers, and also picked up the orange/green cloves too! thanks buddy for the look out. Much appreciated!

Fruit loops

IMG_0618.jpg

Neon Hammers

IMG_0616.jpg

26 married for 4 years. 13 month old. goml

Congrats man! it's been 3 years for me and now we have a beautiful 2yr daughter. Life has fully a meaning now! :lol:

Awesome tank. I was enjoying the thread (aside from your downfalls) up until Singlefin's toe picture. puke.gif

Thanks Richard for the nicely comment.

David, I am following the progress of your tank, it's really coming together nicely. Very well done :bowdown:
Thankyou so much for following. It's heard to get motivated but with all these great comments or question comments it helps to get active with the tank specs. and keep going with the reef world. Thanks for everything!

Sorry, that was for the foot fetish freaks.

It's cool now. thanks for taking it off. You don't know what i have to deal with everyday at work but it sure pays the bill and corals. :P

new fish look awesome.

how many bulbs are on that tek-light?

Thanks buddy but i just lost 4 again due to little ick in the tank. The others are doing really good and fine but i just don't get it with the new 4 i had, plus i got it for 10.00 a pc. so no biggy.

Right now i have 6 bulbs: 3 Ati Blue Plus, 2 Ati Coral Plus, 1 Ati Purle plus

you keep your scape from falling over because the weight is balanced out, not because the long overhang part is leaning on something?
Yes you are correct my friend. I have it balance out because of flat rock cut underneath and balance out by weight. It is not leaning on the wall. i do not like that because it will be hard to clean the back wall.

So what's the plan David!! B)
Not sure yet but it's coming with a little twist!

uh.. Thanks! Where's my early birthday present? :lol:

Sorry about that .... apologies

Albert

No problem at all. i was just confused on what was posted above.

You can send me a early birthday present too!

d'Espresso
Hi David, how cool is your tank in the heat? Do you run a chiller I was also wondering if you have any before and after pictures from any of your 3 day lights out routine

Hi Kat, I wish i have a chiller, really need to invest one but i have my apt. AC set at 78 all the time so my tank usually stay around 79-80 degree.

i can take some pictures next time when i do the 3 day black out. Don't laugh but it's workable!

Deleted User 4
Hi Kat, I wish i have a chiller, really need to invest one but i have my apt. AC set at 78 all the time so my tank usually stay around 79-80 degree.

i can take some pictures next time when i do the 3 day black out. Don't laugh but it's workable!

That would be pleasant to see ahha.

devilsadvocate
Thanks buddy but i just lost 4 again due to little ick in the tank. The others are doing really good and fine but i just don't get it with the new 4 i had, plus i got it for 10.00 a pc. so no biggy.

Right now i have 6 bulbs: 3 Ati Blue Plus, 2 Ati Coral Plus, 1 Ati Purle plus

complete bummer. i absolutely hate loser fish. the last time i got ich in the tank i lost 3 fish and i seriously considered quiting. im glad i didnt :)

i got the same fixture as you now, my sunpod crapped out.

i bought new bulbs, they should be here Thursday,

2xAquablue Special

2xBlue Plus

2xPurple Plus

Yes you are correct my friend. I have it balance out because of flat rock cut underneath and balance out by weight. It is not leaning on the wall. i do not like that because it will be hard to clean the back wall.

ok. the reason i asked is because i when you said my scape needed something to balance it out, i was sure if yours was leaning on something as well as having something on the other side. my arch is leaning on a rock that i attached to it. hope that made sense?

d'Espresso
So did you end up ordering from picO? I just checked their website and it's closed...lol

Really i was to late to order and the Site has closed up but no worry, i have a back up plan and took advantage with the Petco and just picked up a 5 gallon tank Aqueon for 10.00 bucks, ripped out the brace and gave it a clean rimless look. I had some left over supply and added a USA current power filter i had laying in the storage room. Painted the back black and added some live sand i had left over running in the QT tank and also used my old tank water from the 40g and just transfer over.

I present to you all my new FRAG SYSTEM powered by MAXSPECT G2 160 with Blues and day light only. This is where all the frags with be growing out and feeding every 3 days for LPS and Softies. This tank is setup temporary for the time being until i can get a Picoaquarium tank when Chris open backs up in the fall.

SORRY FOR THE DAYLIGHT PICTURES

This is what it look like after everything has been transfer in to the frag tank.

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

Recovering Scoly

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

Some Acans Collections

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

d'Espresso
complete bummer. i absolutely hate loser fish. the last time i got ich in the tank i lost 3 fish and i seriously considered quiting. im glad i didnt :)

i got the same fixture as you now, my sunpod crapped out.

i bought new bulbs, they should be here Thursday,

2xAquablue Special

2xBlue Plus

2xPurple Plus

Sweet Man! Let me know how those Aquablue Special work out for your tank. i was hesitated to purchase them because of what other has said about bleaching the corals out. I am trying a Full spectrum natural look. It's really hard to take picture with all those blues and I also considering putting some Royal Blue for just for personal looks for coral pop when i get home from work. Still searching around to see what will fit on the 36" Tek light system.

Archived