Coral Vue Hydros

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

Hey David! The tank is looking fantastic!

:happy:

Hi Maria, nice of you to drop by and say hey! How's everything going? Heard you might visit Orlando and WWC. Prepare to feat your eyes of lots of chalice and LPS. Are you going to their 5 year anniversary 2 day event sales? It's on Sat June 23rd - Sun June 24th they gonna have some world renowned authors speaking: michael s. paletta, Julian sprung and we all know jake adams from reefbuilder.com

Not sure I am going yet because of work maybe I can make it on Sunday but not Saturday.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
albertthiel
i am not sure, when i was scaping the rock i was inspired by this guy tank that i have been watching and following along for the longest time Crazy4Acros and also from the LFS that i recently went to almost each week i have enjoy looking at his tank:

Here is some inspiring picture that got me to think of the open space and let corals just grows in, He have given permission to take picture from my iphone 4S, really nice guy to talk to and he sure known is water quality and fish. You all would love to see this in person because picture doesn't do it justice:

OCEAN BLUE AQUARIUM the main display tank

This is one of my inspiration to have a tank like this someday.

Best reguard

Super tank and pics indeed. Thanks for posting. Saved the URL as I want to look at this again and then some.

Reminds me of the tanks at Pure Reef Store that has some stupendously looking tanks set up as well

Check them out if you have not yet as I posted the link before but could have been in another thread.

Albert

Morning Mrs. Kat, that's wonderful news to hear about your SPS and how they react to the blackout for one day. How was your dKH did it effected a lot?

Haha that is so funny about your open brain! It probably had a brain fart. Lmao! Do you think you would try the black out again every few months?

I've been dosing for dKH so truthfully I am not sure of the lights out affected it one way or another.

I think I will try one day of black out once a month to see how it affects the tank. It is not sunny and bright everyday in the reef, there are dark days. Question, do you even shut off moonlights?

i am not sure, when i was scaping the rock i was inspired by this guy tank that i have been watching and following along for the longest time Crazy4Acros and also from the LFS that i recently went to almost each week i have enjoy looking at his tank:

Here is some inspiring picture that got me to think of the open space and let corals just grows in, He have given permission to take picture from my iphone 4S, really nice guy to talk to and he sure known is water quality and fish. You all would love to see this in person because picture doesn't do it justice:

IMG_2354.jpg

Best reguard

That's Vin for ya, he's got some awesome aquascapes. I always get stuck staring at this tank.

Hi Maria, nice of you to drop by and say hey! How's everything going? Heard you might visit Orlando and WWC. Prepare to feat your eyes of lots of chalice and LPS. Are you going to their 5 year anniversary 2 day event sales? It's on Sat June 23rd - Sun June 24th they gonna have some world renowned authors speaking: michael s. paletta, Julian sprung and we all know jake adams from reefbuilder.com

Not sure I am going yet because of work maybe I can make it on Sunday but not Saturday.

No...I won't be over there till August 23-26

I have met Julian Sprung before, very nice gentleman. I wish I could make it...at least go and buy one thing haha and post a pic :P maybe when I go in August we can meet and trade something :happy:

Deleted User 4

Very nice!!! Yes, it would be nice to have a club in U.S. like Siam reef club.

Maybe we both can visit him someday before we die ahahaahaha.

I still think your tank is better than Chingchai's sps bonsai tank, scape wise and everything about it ahah.

Did a research on Mr. Chingchai SPS bonsai tank, I couldn't believe how amazing his tank is. Before i die, I would love to visit him and amaze his tank. Why didn't someone show this to me before. Lol I was inspired by crazy4acro a well known RC TOTM feature dec 2011 issue of his beautiful bonsai reef and also I was inspired by my lfs Ocean Blue. His scape is mind blowing and all his tank in his some are rimless tank and all ATi fixtures hanging from the ceiling. I will try to post some pictures from his tank that got me influence to build my rock scape.

I had to think of ways for good scape and open spaces for corals placement. I did not mean to scape the rock like a bonsai but instead of I saw this picture of a oriental dragon and try to use the technique to scape in that particular way.

If you can imagine from left to right in new recent scape. You can see the head of a dragon on the left and move toward the body to the right there is the hands on the bottom near the head and move toward the hind legs floating middle section, then on top there is the other hind leg and moved toward the tip of the end is the tail. That's is the image I pictured in my mind and that's how I got the scape the way it is. It is okay if no one can imagine what I am writing about but that's is where the idea comes from. I am happy with this scape and I hope I won't touch it and mess up the scape again.

Mastermind made a good point! I could get some tabling acros SPS and have it hanging out like a tree branch but the problem is I can't keep SPS, they always fade their colors or die off. So I might go with some SPS like montipora caps and Lps to fill in the scape.

I am not a member of Siam reef club but that would be nice if we have a club like that in the U.S. or my local area. I would be happy if there were any.

:lol: Try to look at the main scape and not the right size scape. i try sorry if you all can't see it. :P

IMG_0216-2.jpg

dragon90-1.jpg

IMG_0216-1.jpg

no asterina stars in my tank. if i see one i usually take it out. i checked my tank again with the lights off and just using a flash on my iphone. i have take out 3 flat worm tonight. it's very clean and i saw them hanging on the glass so i took a siphon and siphon them out.

Does it only eat SPS only or does it eat everything. so far i notice my digi Sps has been eaten up by them :(

Let me guess..... This tank is an ELOS brand tank???? I can just tell by the perfectly aligned black seams, the stand and the left corner overflow!!! I love elos tanks, they're just awesome to look at.

I have to say your lfs has a really nice setup with this elos tank ahah. The scape is clean and open as well as the whole tank itself.

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

Best reguard

I've been dosing for dKH so truthfully I am not sure of the lights out affected it one way or another.

I think I will try one day of black out once a month to see how it affects the tank. It is not sunny and bright everyday in the reef, there are dark days. Question, do you even shut off moonlights?

I don't even have moonlights! Lol

Got some cool new corals today, Green scoly, Red Meat and Superman mushroom.

IMG_0347.jpg

sorry for the blurry iphone pic.

albertthiel

Wow those colors come out so well ... what kind of light do you have over that tank ... If you just put those in they sure look in great shape for sure

Albert

albertthiel

IMG_0347.jpg

sorry for the blurry iphone pic.

Not blurry but what lighting is over this and is this just after you put them in the tank?

They sure look healthy

Good point out Jedi, noob question: is it okay or bad to put the fish(clown) in fresh water to kill off some parasites or ick beside using the copper in a separate tank?
I would try supplementing very healthy foods with selcon ( or other garlic supplement) first. Putting the fish into FW and then a new tank will stress the fish more.

My $0.2 B)

mattanderin
Wow those colors come out so well ... what kind of light do you have over that tank ... If you just put those in they sure look in great shape for sure

Albert

Not blurry but what lighting is over this and is this just after you put them in the tank?

They sure look healthy

He just picked them up from us today!

It was great meeting you! Sorry i had to rush to class, but glad you were able to find some a few things for your beautiful nano reef before i kicked you out ;) . Thanks for introducing us to this forum as well, as we will be investing some good time on here im sure.

We like to keep our corals happy over here, but they do look great for so soon after the move, LED's make them really GLOW! Thanks for helping us make some room on the frag racks, we have so much stuff still! Come back anytime!

Deleted User 4

Nice pickup on those new lps!! Maybe some daylight and not moonlights will help do it justice? And not an iphone picture please? :D

He just picked them up from us today!

It was great meeting you! Sorry i had to rush to class, but glad you were able to find some a few things for your beautiful nano reef before i kicked you out ;) . Thanks for introducing us to this forum as well, as we will be investing some good time on here im sure.

We like to keep our corals happy over here, but they do look great for so soon after the move, LED's make them really GLOW! Thanks for helping us make some room on the frag racks, we have so much stuff still! Come back anytime!

Are you guys a store or a hobbiest? What LEDs do you keep your corals under?

jedimasterben
I would try supplementing very healthy foods with selcon ( or other garlic supplement) first. Putting the fish into FW and then a new tank will stress the fish more.

My $0.2 B)

By the time you see the spots, you probably won't have enough time to feed the fish enough enriched food to make a difference. Plus, stuff like Selcon will not help the current infection and the fish's gills will still be irritated, causing more and more stress until their death unless they are treated immediately. Ich isn't something you have time to try anything with.

mattanderin
Are you guys a store or a hobbiest? What LEDs do you keep your corals under?

we are hobbyists with WAY too much coral! Our passion exceeded our tanks! We currently have everything under ATI t5's. Our corals look great under our lights, but LED's will really set them off. We will soon be switching to 3w dimmable cree units but untill that time comes it's all ATI

Deleted User 4
By the time you see the spots, you probably won't have enough time to feed the fish enough enriched food to make a difference. Plus, stuff like Selcon will not help the current infection and the fish's gills will still be irritated, causing more and more stress until their death unless they are treated immediately. Ich isn't something you have time to try anything with.

Not true. I had a cinnamon clownfish that had ich (just a few spots) due to not feeding it for couple days (it had stress), back then in my 10gal reef when I started this hobby. I fed it pellets with garlic supplements and the next day, the spots were nearly gone.

Not true. I had a cinnamon clownfish that had ich (just a few spots) due to not feeding it for couple days (it had stress), back then in my 10gal reef when I started this hobby. I fed it pellets with garlic supplements and the next day, the spots were nearly gone.

I agree with with IIX. Sorry Jedi you have to feed your fish, adding selcon or garlic will help the fishes immune system to figh off ich and/or other infections. I've taken fish that were ich covered so bad that it looked like the fish was mean to speckled white. After several feedings a day it was able to fight off the infection and recover. Never stop feeding your fish while it is sick. The addition of selcon (for example) just provides extra benefit with each feeding. Jedi is right that the ich goes underneath the skin and slime coating of the fish but... that is why it's even more important to help supplement and provide proper nutrition for your fish.

Dave does your fish still have ich?

albertthiel
I agree with with IIX. Sorry Jedi you have to feed your fish, adding selcon or garlic will help the fishes immune system to figh off ich and/or other infections. I've taken fish that were ich covered so bad that it looked like the fish was mean to speckled white. After several feedings a day it was able to fight off the infection and recover. Never stop feeding your fish while it is sick. The addition of selcon (for example) just provides extra benefit with each feeding. Jedi is right that the ich goes underneath the skin and slime coating of the fish but... that is why it's even more important to help supplement and provide proper nutrition for your fish.

Dave does your fish still have ich?

I was personally never totally convinced that garlic was a cure for saltwater ich, a parasite, but so many products are now on the market that contain garlic that I did some more research ...

Here is an interesting article for all to read ..

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-10/sp/index.php

Albert

Whoa one day of not checking in on the post and I have a whole discussion. This is cool guys, my free willy is doing much better. I been feeding full spectra flakes with garlic and he been in the bottom tank for the past few weeks. He still eat like a pig, but my question is it possible I can make my own garlic food using real garlic you buy at a grocery store and put it in the fish food? Silly question I know!

Thanks Albert for the articles, gave me something to read at work. I work almost everyday 9-10pm so I will try to get back to all the comments and post! Thanks

Best regard

Albert

I check picked up from a local reefer. Took almost an hour to get to their place but I also stopped by Aquaria Studio and checkout the shop, also came home with superman mushroom and another blue streak cardinal, I couldn't pass the deal they were selling for 10 bucks. I ask them to get some more because I am trying to get a school of them.

I have the corals under my new 36" 6x39w T5 tek elite fixture that I purchased from reefgeek.com they have great deals if you buy as a combo. I think it is missing some more lights but I am still playing with light colors.

Bro, nice find. Now you need moar fish. Lol

Thanks, I found the nice person with nice corals from Craigslist. Lol yes, it is almost time to stock up on fish. So tempted to get a small Lamar angel. Let me know if AS have some more cardinals for 10 bucks, the new shipment for them should be coming in tomorrow.

Archived