SaltCritters.com

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow looks great D....how you like the T5's?
Looking awesome!
Your scape is fantastic! Truly inspirational :)
Ahhh, good as new my friend.

Thanks for the great comment hype and everyone! I am almost satisfy just gotta play around with more light setting, Trying to get it more natural and full spectrum light from it. Should i get a GE light or should i get a Aquablue special?

Also...

My hand has been itching to scrape off the black back ground and just get a custom 36"x18" plexi-glass and spray it black and if i feel like having a black back ground i can just hand it up like i did with the last tank.

Yesterday, I went to Lowes to get new 1" tubing and re-did all my pluming and it is plum right on the left side and also moved the proflex sump to the other extra cabinet i have left from my old tank setup. Now i have the extra space underneath. Well, looks like i will be getting ready for something in replace of the sump space of a new tank underneath the 40g tank.

Debating and planning if i should go with regular 5 gallon or 10 gallon tank. My space is limited and only have space of 24"x16" so decision, decision.

Deleted User 4
Thanks for the great comment hype and everyone! I am almost satisfy just gotta play around with more light setting, Trying to get it more natural and full spectrum light from it. Should i get a GE light or should i get a Aquablue special?

Also...

My hand has been itching to scrape off the black back ground and just get a custom 36"x18" plexi-glass and spray it black and if i feel like having a black back ground i can just hand it up like i did with the last tank.

Yesterday, I went to Lowes to get new 1" tubing and re-did all my pluming and it is plum right on the left side and also moved the proflex sump to the other extra cabinet i have left from my old tank setup. Now i have the extra space underneath. Well, looks like i will be getting ready for something in replace of the sump space of a new tank underneath the 40g tank.

Debating and planning if i should go with regular 5 gallon or 10 gallon tank. My space is limited and only have space of 24"x16" so decision, decision.

10 gallon is preferable. 5 gallon is way too small haha.

I just measure the space and notice I won't have any hand room to clean the side view so I might modify a heavy duty extender bar to pull in an out for maintenance.

Hey Esspressos, was looking through your thread and saw you had the same skimmer as me, where you able to fix the micro bubble problem or is it just my skimmer?

Hey Esspressos, was looking through your thread and saw you had the same skimmer as me, where you able to fix the micro bubble problem or is it just my skimmer?

you have a 9002? mine went away in less then 3 days :huh:

hmm maybe i was looking too far back

i mean the SC skimmer

i guess any super budget skimmer is going to have it's problems.

I have the SC skimmer I did a little modification on it and it works really well, no complain at all and pull a lot of gunk and chunks of nasty dark green skims in the cup. Works and look like a bubble magus but not a bubble Mangus.

what kind of mod? did it help with the bubbles?? because the bubbles are seriously driving me insane.

Uh I think if you go back to page 2 or 3 I had it write up on it. I just use a hand saw and carefully cut off a tip off of the value. Very simple and it made a better skimming bubbles.

what kind of mod? did it help with the bubbles?? because the bubbles are seriously driving me insane.

Here you go buddy! Found it just for you SC skimmer DIY

i'll have to try that! thanks!

love your tank btw, your scape especially, i want to do something like that in my new tank

Deleted User 4

love your tank btw, your scape especially, i want to do something like that in my new tank

+1. His scape is spectacular.

Deleted User 4
so is the sc-65 worth it? or should i get something better when i build a new tank?

You're getting a new tank :o

so is the sc-65 worth it? or should i get something better when i build a new tank?

It's up to you man, If money is tight and you want a badazz skimmer then this is the one or the bigger verison will do also.

But if you want name brands and know that they work just like other skimmers too then i would recommend you getting something else like Reef Octopus, BM, Red Dragon. etc.

I have no problem with this skimmer and it works like a champ. The design and pump is similar to the Bubble Magus. I think they already talk and compare about it. Just a little modification and this SC-65 Skimmer will handle the job. :)

You're getting a new tank :o

+1 WTH Foreel? So am i, lol

Pico size though

Thanks for the awesome comment! Keep us updated if you get your new tank i would like to see how your scape goes.

+1. His scape is spectacular.
Thanks IIX, i appreciated your comment. It was hard to scape but glad it came out the way i wanted, i am planning to move my little right size island to the new pico when i get it in. Same water, same scape, sand, new tank and whoaala instant reef. lol :P

Hey bud your tank is looking awesome. Sweet extra rock scape to the left. Adds the perfect extra something to the overhang. Only problem is that your running out of room for frags. Lol

Especially the new acros top shelf got in. And I think OD gets their shipment for their grand opening this weekend. Have you seen anything at any of the other stores?

Deleted User 4
It's up to you man, If money is tight and you want a badazz skimmer then this is the one or the bigger verison will do also.

But if you want name brands and know that they work just like other skimmers too then i would recommend you getting something else like Reef Octopus, BM, Red Dragon. etc.

I have no problem with this skimmer and it works like a champ. The design and pump is similar to the Bubble Magus. I think they already talk and compare about it. Just a little modification and this SC-65 Skimmer will handle the job. :)

+1 WTH Foreel? So am i, lol

Pico size though

Thanks for the awesome comment! Keep us updated if you get your new tank i would like to see how your scape goes.

Thanks IIX, i appreciated your comment. It was hard to scape but glad it came out the way i wanted, i am planning to move my little right size island to the new pico when i get it in. Same water, same scape, sand, new tank and whoaala instant reef. lol :P

Are you sure you want to move the right island to the PiCO?? I think it looks fine the way it is in the current tank. Why not make a new rock scape for the new coming PiCO??? :D

I want to see some more art!!

If you want a more natural look replace your Coral plus bulbs with GE6500K bulbs

Are you sure you want to move the right island to the PiCO?? I think it looks fine the way it is in the current tank. Why not make a new rock scape for the new coming PiCO??? :D

I want to see some more art!!

Not sure yet but gonna try it out. No worries it is simple to move that rock island. If you look closely (secret) the top rock is live rock and the bottom rock is an esshop rock for frag holding. i just drill 2 holes and secure both rocks with zip tie to get the little overhang on the little rock. I use the rock because when i had bare bottom sand bed the dirty waste would get trap under there and each week i would move it to the size and siphon the nasty stuff out from the pile and just move it back into place. Very simple maintenance until i started working overtime and had no time to keep it clean. So now that explain why i have sand.

i haven't heard from chris picoaquarium so not sure on what to get yet.

If you want a more natural look replace your Coral plus bulbs with GE6500K bulbs

Thanks buddy, i went to most of the LFS here and they don't carry GE6500k bulbs. Where did you order yours?

Hey bud your tank is looking awesome. Sweet extra rock scape to the left. Adds the perfect extra something to the overhang. Only problem is that your running out of room for frags. Lol

Especially the new acros top shelf got in. And I think OD gets their shipment for their grand opening this weekend. Have you seen anything at any of the other stores?

NEVER run out of room for frags! haha. Can't you imagine my whole left size bottom is cover up with neon GSP. i am trying to grow it out but it have been slow growth for couple months. I still have alot of room on the back to hide frags that i don't want to see.

I also moved my entire sump to the other cabinet i have sitting around the house. so i put it to use, now i have lots of extra room on the bottom for another pico tank. it's gonna be crazy! i need to invest in a chiller or some azoo fans. :P

Well, I did went to TS the other day and hang out over there for like almost 2 hours. Alex and josh was helpful and they look up for those cardinals we were talking about. He said he can get them in by tomorrow but i told him i only have monday off so he gonna hold it for me and you. He said he can get some box of blue streak cardinals, box of red stripe cardinals, and some gold stripe cardinals but no red spot yet. They all from figi island.. i can't wait to get some.

I saw a few new acros, josh showed me some nice size tabling acros. something strawberry i can't remember but it look hella nice! i almost picked up a purple monti cap colonies but the size of a base ball for 20.00 bucks. i wish i got my paycheck but i couldn't get them because of the fish order gonna break my bank. lol

Then i went over to OD. they have a lot of new stuff in but haven't price them yet because it all just arrived yesterday. I saw the most amazing plate and everyone that was there was eyeing it closely. It was purple on the outside and the mouth was neon orange. then he got some nice scoly but the one i wanted is in his display tank i think it is called the green sour apple. He got alot of not healthy plates for 30.00 each but it look like he is fully stock up on corals and zoas.

I am looking for some purple deaths zoas, and some neon cloves palm trees but no luck on finding them plus if i do find them it like they charge an arm and leg for it.

Archived