Pod Your Reef

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
d'Espresso

New Light but ugly color.. No worries, New light and now Newer color.

Perfectly matched the whole system, if i ever decide to go with a bigger tank, i can always peel off the white very simple to the Plasti-dip spray. i definitely recommended on using it on anything. i even use it on my grille on my car and wheels too! Well, i tape the parts i need and being to prep up the fixture and taken it apart. Here is a before and after picture.

Prep work and taking it apart

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

All done and looks amazing sitting on top

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

Finally GHA is over and i have been doing 10% W/C bio-weekly, everything been going smooth again. I got the itch to get a fish again but still think i am not that quite ready. When i discovery something wrong with the fish before i immediately have take all the fish out and put them in a QT for recovery but sadly weeks after weeks the fish just all past alway and i have been fish-less for about over a month now. Will i be able to put in a testing fish to see if it's safe to add more in or do i still need to wait about 2 more months?

When i was doing water change i accident knock over my rock scape and one of the piece have came off. So i decided to make a few changes. Also if anyone notice i picked up a few scoly but they were all in bad shape and i wanted to rescue them. So i talked to the guy that sold the corals and got a pretty good deal. Ocean direct is very helpful and very knowledgeable and can work around pricing if they see the health is bad and if the customer want to help regain the corals life. The two scoly i have notice a little plump and pale color starting to show up and looks like a good sign. I am not to sure of it's color but i hoping it will be the Bleeding apple scoly and Red pink scoly. The last one is about 3" but it is not looking to good. I am not quite sure how i should set up the bottom flow but as for the moment i have it on wave mode. Here is the picture of the scape i rescape after knocking it over and 3 scoly that need help. On another note, the Orange plate is looking awesome again. it went from pale orange to bright orange and the tentacles starting to show out at night time.

Full Tank Shot

IMG_1896.jpg

Main Island

IMG_1898.jpg

Little Island

IMG_1899.jpg

-Best regard

Ohh Mann Sooo CLEAN & FRESH.

That's what I think everytime I see this tank. I can't imagine how much more I'd be in love if my 40b was that clean!

d'Espresso

Nothing new today, fed some raw shrimp to the recovering scolymia and the orange fungia plate. It is looking very plump today after feeding. Overall I am loving the new T5 but is about to modify to add some royal blue Cree LEDs on the fixture for coral color pop.

I would also like to thank Mike C. And LedTric Company for the free contest full spectrum lamp. I have received the package on Monday but didn't get a chance to open and test is out yet. I am very honor to receive this lamp you have given. I am planning to get 3 more for future plans. So should I start a new pico tank? that sound like a great idea though.

BB or GTFO IMO

Agreed, nice job sir, I love the open space. Whats your bulb setup? It appears you run 5 blue + and one coral plus?

MeanGreenEyes

Nice!!!!!! My 40B just cracked about 2" from the bulkhead last weekend when I plugged my return pump in for the first time...friend's are pushing me to get a 57 rimless...but this tank is making me want to stick with the 40B...decisions...ugh...

Dude the tank is looking good. GL on the scoly's. Every time I see your vortech I wanna break down and buy one. I need one. Lol

d'Espresso
Ohh Mann Sooo CLEAN & FRESH.
Thanks

Very nice touch.
Thankyou

That's what I think everytime I see this tank. I can't imagine how much more I'd be in love if my 40b was that clean!
You should give it a try! You will love it too!

Amazing tank
Thanks Brad, how's that ADA tanks going?

great tank man! so clean. makes my 40 look like poop. hahah.
I don't know what you're talking about. Your tank is the Bomb dot com!

BB or GTFO IMO
I understand BB (Bare Bottom) but i do not understand what is GTFO IMO???

Agreed, nice job sir, I love the open space. Whats your bulb setup? It appears you run 5 blue + and one coral plus?
Thank you for your nice comments. My current new lighting is a six bulb T5 system by Tek Elite Light. This lighting system had replaced a Maxspect G2 160w. I have been convinced by rehype and podpimp and decided to switched to a T5 system to be able to play with the coloring and also in hopes of enhancing the colors of my corals. Also, I like the fact that I can play with the different bulb combos to achieve my desired effect which i am still learning the concept of a full spectrum or pleasing to the human eyes.

Currently my T6 bulb combination, from front to back, is:

ATi Blue Plus

ATi Coral Plus

ATi Blue Plus

ATI Purple Plus

ATi Coral Plus

ATi Blue Plus

I simply amazed, speechless.
Thanks NanoTopia, you're to kind

If this tank were rimless, I'd be wiping my keyboard off right now.
You never know i might just break down this tank and go rimless someday.

Nice!!!!!! My 40B just cracked about 2" from the bulkhead last weekend when I plugged my return pump in for the first time...friend's are pushing me to get a 57 rimless...but this tank is making me want to stick with the 40B...decisions...ugh...
oh no! i am sorry to hear about what happen to your tank. What's best will work for you, i know you will make a good choice and deciding. Making me want to break down and get a rimless too!
d'Espresso
Dude the tank is looking good. GL on the scoly's. Every time I see your vortech I wanna break down and buy one. I need one. Lol

Thanks D, i will try my very best to get them back to life. The pink one start to show good progress puffing up but i haven't seen it tentacles come out yet for feed.

You should invest in a Vortech or a Tunzes You'll love it!

o hey how much was the tek fixture btw?

I got it from this website ReefGeekThey have a great price and i recommend getting the bulbs from them. You probably saved about $30.00 on bulbs if purchase with the fixture combo. The fixture is described like how it is on the site. It is super quite and i love it alot!

Damn...
You got that right! :lol:
d'Espresso

Hmm.. I can't decide IF I SHOULD ADD SAND or NOT?

What do you all think? And if someone could recommend the different type of sand and will it effect or crash the tank if added to a establish tank? thanks for the help and advice!

Deleted User 4

Hey man,

I think you should add just little sand, perhaps at a 1/2inch level from the bottom to up top. This is what I have as my sand, Caribsea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink Sand 10 lbs.

If you don't want it to disrupt your tank elements level, suggest that you rinse the sand multiple times with old saltwater/ freshwater.

Hey man,

I think you should add just little sand, perhaps at a 1/2inch level from the bottom to up top. This is what I have as my sand, Caribsea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink Sand 10 lbs.

If you don't want it to disrupt your tank elements level, suggest that you rinse the sand multiple times with old saltwater/ freshwater.

+1

I'd go with the Fiji pink. It's got a nice grain size that doesn't get blown around that easy and the pink looks nice. IMO, the sand gives it a real natural look.

Archived