ReefCleaners.org

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

Are you still using they DIY overflow...it looks like you are running something different now.

The tank is beautiful...really well done.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
d'Espresso
Heck ya! Always good to take advantage of the sales. OD usually has 3 day weekend sales. Nothing wrong with having multiple plating montis. I got the same oj one you got but I've had it for months and it grows super nice. If you place it closer to flow it will plate thinner with multiple layers. If you give it less flow it will grow thicker with zero to no plates. I have anther plating monti I'm trying to grow out that I got from OD, green with purple rim. It's just starting to take off. They loss the original colony a long time ago due to a chiller malfunction but I was able to get a nice frag for $10 bucks. So no complaints since I've wanted the purple rim one for so long.

If you feel like a kid in a candy shop now just wait till both stores have their grand opening, its gonna be nuts. omgomgomg

I think i saw that plating monti green with white rim out there yesterday but it look not so good and pale. i would like to get one too and maybe when my tank gets a little better i probably put that on my must have list. That is awesome deal you got it for only $10 bucks. :) how is your tank doing sir?

Love it...subscribed... :ninja:
Thank you... :lol:

Are you still using they DIY overflow...it looks like you are running something different now.

The tank is beautiful...really well done.

Yes i am still using the DIY overflow but in a bigger perspective 1" instead of 3/4", Thanks for asking! how have you been? i see you have taken that beautiful tank down. Hope all is well for you!

On another note to take care of my GHA problem, i got a chance to put in an order and talk with John from Reefcleaner.org. John is a great awesome person and he had help getting the CUC i need for the tank. He have pack up and sent out the package for tomorrow arrival. It should get here by tomorrow morning since i live extra closer now. :) Also the new Fixture is coming in tomorrow but for now here are some goodies i pick up couple days ago.

Tank with algae problem, i try to save some SPS by putting them on Frag holders

IMG_1872.jpg

Almost 3" Neon Orange Plate

IMG_1862.jpg

Super Orange/ white/ cyan Yuma with 2 babies

IMG_1859.jpg

Super Neon green / yellow Yuma with 1 babie

IMG_1860.jpg

Tank is doing good. Had a small problem with phospate and a clogged skimmer. After replacing my rowaphos and unclogging skimmer, polyp extension is returning to normal. Only problem I'm having is my bam bam colony is slightly receeding. I might have to frag part it. Going to dip it tomorrow and go from there.

My second tank is coming along nicely. Have some scarlet hermits already running around. Going to grab a bubble magus skimmer for aquaria studio on Wednesday. Also got an email today from a scientist who owns a mangrove farm. He was surprised I wanted a mangrove for personal use since he mostly sells to restorations projects. He's given me permission to stop by in 2 weeks to hand pick a mangrove tree. So it's time to upgrade from just seedlings . B)

d'Espresso
Tank is doing good. Had a small problem with phospate and a clogged skimmer. After replacing my rowaphos and unclogging skimmer, polyp extension is returning to normal. Only problem I'm having is my bam bam colony is slightly receeding. I might have to frag part it. Going to dip it tomorrow and go from there.

My second tank is coming along nicely. Have some scarlet hermits already running around. Going to grab a bubble magus skimmer for aquaria studio on Wednesday. Also got an email today from a scientist who owns a mangrove farm. He was surprised I wanted a mangrove for personal use since he mostly sells to restorations projects. He's given me permission to stop by in 2 weeks to hand pick a mangrove tree. So it's time to upgrade from just seedlings . B)

That is amazing news! but first things first need to take care that phospate and dirty skimmer. lol

If you lost your entired Bam Bam colony, i might have an extra frag of them for you. No worries!

If you're going out there to A-Studio tomorrow can you look out for a green cap monti for me. i have been looking but have no luck finding one. That BM-skimmer gonna be screaming at you saying buy me buy me. lol

Let us know how the mangrove farm goes. That is sweet deal to hand pick out for yourself.

That is amazing news! but first things first need to take care that phospate and dirty skimmer. lol

If you lost your entired Bam Bam colony, i might have an extra frag of them for you. No worries!

If you're going out there to A-Studio tomorrow can you look out for a green cap monti for me. i have been looking but have no luck finding one. That BM-skimmer gonna be screaming at you saying buy me buy me. lol

Let us know how the mangrove farm goes. That is sweet deal to hand pick out for yourself.

Yep, rowaphos was replaced and skimmer unclogged so everything is almost back to normal. Definitely getting the skimmer for the new tank. Also my skimmer CO2 scrubber media on my main tank was exhausted which was why my ph dropped but refilled it and ph back to an ideal 8.3. Also the time has finally come. I'm getting a camera today or tomorrow. So I can get some decent pics. If I see a green cap I'll tell ya.

Glad to see the tanks doing better! How do you like the sump your using? I was thinking about getting that model but am not sure cuz of the way the skimmer sits in the last chamber.

d'Espresso

Today not so good at all, I woke up this morning and got ready for work and notice some wrong with the hospital tank, when I turned on the lights to see the fish. Just about all the fish except for the inverts has passed away. I had to take out my pair of s'mores clownfish and blue eyes cardinal out, so now here is the chance to fix my tank problem since I will no longer have any fish for the next 2-3 months.

The CUC came in yesterday from John reefcleaners and again john have takecare my issue once more. The urchin is awesome but kinda big but i guess because i never seen one but this urchin is white with alot of these stringy hand stickjng out. He even throw in a emerald crab but it look reddish brown and already started eating off the detritus and algae. So far all the CUC is doing their job and hopefully I can get this tank back to a better start.

Also yesterday the UPS man came to deliver my new fixture 36" Tek Elite from Reefgeek and wow the fixture is looking sexy over the tank but i wish it was more silver or blizard white on the body of the fixture. If it bother my eyes to much, I might probably paint it. Well, I am not sure how I want to hang it yet. I also went ahead and order the matching brackets just in case I choose not to hang up.

I am not sure how or what a good combo layout on the bulbs. I have order 4 Ati Blue plus and 2 Ati Coral plus. Do I need a actinics supplement? Because I really miss the royal blue looking moonlights from Maxspect LED. Where or link can I get some moonlights for the Tek?

Yep, rowaphos was replaced and skimmer unclogged so everything is almost back to normal. Definitely getting the skimmer for the new tank. Also my skimmer CO2 scrubber media on my main tank was exhausted which was why my ph dropped but refilled it and ph back to an ideal 8.3. Also the time has finally come. I'm getting a camera today or tomorrow. So I can get some decent pics. If I see a green cap I'll tell ya.

That awesome bro! I will need to ask you more about educating me on the CO2 and ph lol. It's about time you getting a new camera, what you got?

d'Espresso
Glad to see the tanks doing better! How do you like the sump your using? I was thinking about getting that model but am not sure cuz of the way the skimmer sits in the last chamber.
thanks but it is slowly getting better. I like the sump but I wouldn't recommend if you like space. I like it because of the design and how it is tight fit perfectly into my stand. It's super quite and I have my skimmer in the middle and custom a refugium in the 3rd chamber. It is working out really great! Hope this help. I probably take an update picture to show you all.

needs double kessils, and less comic sans looking fonts
Haha it's about time you found my thread. How your tank doing nip? Does it even have water yet?
thanks but it is slowly getting better. I like the sump but I wouldn't recommend if you like space. I like it because of the design and how it is tight fit perfectly into my stand. It's super quite and I have my skimmer in the middle and custom a refugium in the 3rd chamber. It is working out really great! Hope this help. I probably take an update picture to show you all.

Haha it's about time you found my thread. How your tank doing nip? Does it even have water yet?

which tank? one is being shipped here atm and the other has water but is empty.

can you at least use helvetica and not comic sans?

Today not so good at all, I woke up this morning and got ready for work and notice some wrong with the hospital tank, when I turned on the lights to see the fish. Just about all the fish except for the inverts has passed away. I had to take out my pair of s'mores clownfish and blue eyes cardinal out, so now here is the chance to fix my tank problem since I will no longer have any fish for the next 2-3 months.

That awesome bro! I will need to ask you more about educating me on the CO2 and ph lol. It's about time you getting a new camera, what you got?

Dude sorry to hear about the fish. I was just gonna say ocean blue has some healthy blue eyed cardinals in stock but I didn't know about your other fish problems. I wonder what the water or fish issue is from.

I checked aquaria studio for a green cap but no luck, just orange and purple.

On a positive note I just picked up my new nikon a few minutes ago. So hopefully I'll get some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

Anything you wanna know about a CO2 scrubber just ask. I know a lot of people don't chase ph but I really didn't want to settle for just ok ph but accurate/solid ph of 8.3. Just my preference is all.

Hey David sorry to hear about the quarintined fish:(

How is the plate doing i've been hesitant of adding one to my tank due to being bare bottom also...

d'Espresso
Sorry to hear about the fishes, man.
Wow, sorry to hear the fish passed away. :tears:

Yes, it is a bummer.. the s'mores from hyperboy was my favorite fish. i hope in the future i can get some from him again. i feel so terrible about losing the pair i had but i need to move on.

which tank? one is being shipped here atm and the other has water but is empty.

can you at least use helvetica and not comic sans?

Your wishes is my command. lol

Dude sorry to hear about the fish. I was just gonna say ocean blue has some healthy blue eyed cardinals in stock but I didn't know about your other fish problems. I wonder what the water or fish issue is from.

I checked aquaria studio for a green cap but no luck, just orange and purple.

On a positive note I just picked up my new nikon a few minutes ago. So hopefully I'll get some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

Anything you wanna know about a CO2 scrubber just ask. I know a lot of people don't chase ph but I really didn't want to settle for just ok ph but accurate/solid ph of 8.3. Just my preference is all.

Nice, hope to see some pictures of your tank soon. Thanks for the headup for the Green cap, i might go snag one up from OD today because of 20% off Mother's day sale. haha

Hey David sorry to hear about the quarintined fish:(

How is the plate doing i've been hesitant of adding one to my tank due to being bare bottom also...

The plate is doing fine, i just haven't seen much tentacles coming up. i want to feed the plate but haven't found the time to hand feed it yet. The color is amazing, it is slowly adjusting to the tank and getting plum up a little. Hopefully when i add my new fixture it can fully gain it's color back but i will try to feed it tonight with all the pumps off, then i will let you all know how it is taking it full effects.

On another note CUC from John is working it magic on the GHA. It is slowly dying and getting eat up by Mr. White Urchin :P

Best Regard

Yes, it is a bummer.. the s'mores from hyperboy was my favorite fish. i hope in the future i can get some from him again. i feel so terrible about losing the pair i had but i need to move on.

I guess it's a good thing that you're closer to him now, eh? :happy:

d'Espresso
were gona need an update david
agreed

Here is the updates!

Got the light fixure up and over the tank. Everything looks even brighter then ever but i will try to get use to the new T5s then the leds i use to have. I was a little disappointed that the fixture was not silver or hypersilver but it is like gunmetal gray. This does not give the overall look on my tank since everything is white out but that's ok. Nothing but a good Plasti-dip white will help solve this problem. Plasti-dip is a spray that you can spray on and if you don't like it any longer you can peel it off with one peel and not damage any surface of your units. You can find them in your local HD or Lowes but i had to special order mine because they do not carry white. Well, I will be taking it down and prep the ins and out of the fixture for a good spray maybe this week.

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

On another note, My battle with GHA is almost over. It took over 1 week for the Urchin to takecare the rest of GHA. It was amazing to see this urchin take on the algae but also carry everything that gets in the way on it body. It drag all my frags that i did not glue to the rocks from place to place. so i put them all on the frag rack and just let the little guy take care the rest.

IMG_1887.jpg

Great update, I agree the colour is a bit ugly. Looking forward to seeing the new paint.

MeanGreenEyes

Hmmm...why am I subscribed to your thread and not receiving the updates? I love the cleanliness of your tank...also good idea on painting the light fixture...

Archived