Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

Deleted User 4

Ahhh I see. Nice, this helps you put your hands less frequently into the display tank. Good move haha.

It doesn't have to be picO...haha you can always go 17.4 Mr. Aqua again :D .

I miss that setup of yours...the scape, fish, corals ahah. That was one of the sickest build I've seen as well as this 40b build lol.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
d'Espresso
ok. the reason i asked is because i when you said my scape needed something to balance it out, i was sure if yours was leaning on something as well as having something on the other side. my arch is leaning on a rock that i attached to it. hope that made sense?

Yeah you got it right! on the bottom i have 2 flat frag rocks that i use to balance the back and the front of my rock it's already flat on the bottom so i just use the other weight of the rocks to balance the hangover rock arm. So that i can easily move the big rock scape to one side and i can siphon the nasty waste stuff on the bottom when my tank was BB. that's all.

Ahhh I see. Nice, this helps you put your hands less frequently into the display tank. Good move haha.

It doesn't have to be picO...haha you can always go 17.4 Mr. Aqua again :D .

I miss that setup of yours...the scape, fish, corals ahah. That was one of the sickest build I've seen as well as this 40b build lol.

I still have the 17.4 Mr. Aqua in the storage room. I try giving it away locally but no one wants it. oh well!

I wish i could use that tank underneath but it doesn't fit because my space underneath is limit. The Manta Ray 15 will fit perfectly under there and give me enough room to clean the side glass on each side. This is how it looks like:

IMG_0573.jpg

Thanks you for reminding about the Mr. Aqua tank. It was my testing tank to get to my 40B Build.

devilsadvocate
Sweet Man! Let me know how those Aquablue Special work out for your tank. i was hesitated to purchase them because of what other has said about bleaching the corals out. I am trying a Full spectrum natural look. It's really hard to take picture with all those blues and I also considering putting some Royal Blue for just for personal looks for coral pop when i get home from work. Still searching around to see what will fit on the 36" Tek light system.

yeah im hoping its not too blue.

but if it is, i plan on getting some stunner strips to add a shimmer affect. ifs its too blue ill get whites ones to even it out.

d'Espresso
yeah im hoping its not too blue.

but if it is, i plan on getting some stunner strips to add a shimmer affect. ifs its too blue ill get whites ones to even it out.

What's a stunner strip and where can i get a full Royal blue one. Also wanna modify and add some blue moonlight for night time.

Deleted User 4

lol, I'd never put a mr15 in the stand cabinets. If I do so, I would never be able to show it off outside for visitors imo ahhaha. Might as well not get the mr15 if you're going to put it in there... :lol:

d'Espresso
that's awesome! a tank in your tank's stand. it's not plumbed into the 40B?

Thanks buddy! Not at the moment. The water doesn't evaporate as much as the 40b so i will just keep it simple and just do a simple water change each 2 weeks. I have a fan inside the tank to keep all the equipments and tank cool down inside.

lol, I'd never put a mr15 in the stand cabinets. If I do so, I would never be able to show it off outside for visitors imo ahhaha. Might as well not get the mr15 if you're going to put it in there... :lol:

i see, but after staring at your mr18 i got convinced but kinda glad the site was closed so this is my back up frag tank. lol

Just wanted a good high end frag tank thats all.. :P

Deleted User 4
Thanks buddy! Not at the moment. The water doesn't evaporate as much as the 40b so i will just keep it simple and just do a simple water change each 2 weeks. I have a fan inside the tank to keep all the equipments and tank cool down inside.

i see, but after staring at your mr18 i got convinced but kinda glad the site was closed so this is my back up frag tank. lol

Just wanted a good high end frag tank thats all.. :P

I see. Thanks for the compliment. My tank is just plain and simple lol. Throw in 2 rocks, bunch of frags with no disks/plugs, do water changes, scrub the glass, feed Irl and at last, stare at Irl swimming in his kingdom, all to himself lolololol.

This is exactly what I want to do once I get my Mantaray! it's like you read my mind...

I'm gonna use my 6 gallon topless fluval to be a fragtank under my Mantaray. I can't wait!

Edit: well, its the same concept, I'm just gonna use the mantaray as my display tank.

Deleted User 4
This is exactly what I want to do once I get my Mantaray! it's like you read my mind...

I'm gonna use my 6 gallon topless fluval to be a fragtank under my Mantaray. I can't wait!

lololol Sweet. You're receiving your tank very soon, right Mitch? haha Good to know.

David, forgot to mention. Your scolys are recovering very fast that I'm quite amazed. Can't wait to see it fully recovered.

lololol Sweet. You're receiving your tank very soon, right Mitch? haha Good to know.

Hopefully I get it sooner than later! I know Chris is pretty busy right now. I'm in no rush though. I still need to buy lights, rock, a custom stand, and some live sand. It probably won't be running till late-September early-October...

Did a research on Mr. Chingchai SPS bonsai tank, I couldn't believe how amazing his tank is. Before i die, I would love to visit him and amaze his tank. Why didn't someone show this to me before. Lol I was inspired by crazy4acro a well known RC TOTM feature dec 2011 issue of his beautiful bonsai reef and also I was inspired by my lfs Ocean Blue. His scape is mind blowing and all his tank in his some are rimless tank and all ATi fixtures hanging from the ceiling. I will try to post some pictures from his tank that got me influence to build my rock scape.

I had to think of ways for good scape and open spaces for corals placement. I did not mean to scape the rock like a bonsai but instead of I saw this picture of a oriental dragon and try to use the technique to scape in that particular way.

If you can imagine from left to right in new recent scape. You can see the head of a dragon on the left and move toward the body to the right there is the hands on the bottom near the head and move toward the hind legs floating middle section, then on top there is the other hind leg and moved toward the tip of the end is the tail. That's is the image I pictured in my mind and that's how I got the scape the way it is. It is okay if no one can imagine what I am writing about but that's is where the idea comes from. I am happy with this scape and I hope I won't touch it and mess up the scape again.

Mastermind made a good point! I could get some tabling acros SPS and have it hanging out like a tree branch but the problem is I can't keep SPS, they always fade their colors or die off. So I might go with some SPS like montipora caps and Lps to fill in the scape.

I am not a member of Siam reef club but that would be nice if we have a club like that in the U.S. or my local area. I would be happy if there were any.

:lol: Try to look at the main scape and not the right size scape. i try sorry if you all can't see it. :P

IMG_0216-2.jpg

dragon90-1.jpg

IMG_0216-1.jpg

Grow out the birdsnest/SPS coral on the top left large enough it could be the 4th leg

David, the tank is looking amazing. That frag tank you have setup looks very clean as well.

Job well done sir :)

jedimasterben
Hi Kat, I wish i have a chiller, really need to invest one but i have my apt. AC set at 78 all the time so my tank usually stay around 79-80 degree.

Sometimes I kinda wish my equipment would heat up my tank a bit - I keep my A/C at 77 during the day and 74 at night, tank stays 74.5-75.5, even when the lights are on. But then that would mean that my equipment pulls a lot of power, and I don't want that lol.

jedimasterben
Thanks buddy but i just lost 4 again due to little ick in the tank. The others are doing really good and fine but i just don't get it with the new 4 i had, plus i got it for 10.00 a pc. so no biggy.

I just caught this - you sure you lost them to ich? Check tonight a few hours after lights off. Flip the lights on, if they have spots, it's ich. If you have a confirmed ich infection, you need to take action or you may lose all the rest of your fish.

d'Espresso

I finally got a day off from work, starting tomorrow will try to get a New FTS for July! Also gonna stop by some lfs to see if they have anything forsale.

Deleted User 4

Lfs opens on 4th of july?? ahah What a great day to shop. Btw, I looked at your fts and it seemed like you moved your sps collection off from the head of the dragon scape!!

d'Espresso

Thanks for the link. Very affordable i think i will save some fund and get 2 x 36" Royal blue strip later on in the fall.

Edit: well, its the same concept, I'm just gonna use the mantaray as my display tank.

:lol:

David, forgot to mention. Your scolys are recovering very fast that I'm quite amazed. Can't wait to see it fully recovered.

One of the smaller one is not doing to good, i think it is shrinking every week. The big one is doing semi-okay it's eating finally! Hopefully it can recover faster.

Hopefully I get it sooner than later! I know Chris is pretty busy right now. I'm in no rush though. I still need to buy lights, rock, a custom stand, and some live sand. It probably won't be running till late-September early-October...

I can't wait to see your tank going when you get it from Chris. Still debating if i should wait for a pico.

Grow out the birdsnest/SPS coral on the top left large enough it could be the 4th leg

:P

Sometimes I kinda wish my equipment would heat up my tank a bit - I keep my A/C at 77 during the day and 74 at night, tank stays 74.5-75.5, even when the lights are on. But then that would mean that my equipment pulls a lot of power, and I don't want that lol.

Yea usually when i go to work in the morning, i usually set the house AC temp at 80 so when i get home i set it back to 78 degree to cool down. If not i have a back up Azoo dual fan i just recently got from a reefer on here and it is doing pretty good cooling the tank down setup by the RKL.

David, the tank is looking amazing. That frag tank you have setup looks very clean as well.

Job well done sir :)

Thanks you for checking out the tank progress and comments. Much appreciated!

I just caught this - you sure you lost them to ich? Check tonight a few hours after lights off. Flip the lights on, if they have spots, it's ich. If you have a confirmed ich infection, you need to take action or you may lose all the rest of your fish.

Well, i had ich like almost 2 months ago i think but it wasn't too bad of a break out. i freaked out and scoop all the fish out and put them in the QT and for the past month i been doing big waterchange and try to siphon out the clear looking flat worms.

Well, i just checked awhile ago with my flash light from the iphone and i notice everyone is doing good. no white funny spots any where. I have been mad feeding the fish with spectrum formula with garlic it i guess it seem to work fine.

d'Espresso
Lfs opens on 4th of july?? ahah What a great day to shop. Btw, I looked at your fts and it seemed like you moved your sps collection off from the head of the dragon scape!!

I sure did because of stupid clear flat worms. i caught one eating my orange monti cap and i was sad so i moved all the monti on the frag rack and birdnest too. Until all the flat worm is clear, i will slowly move the corals back to it place. I have changed some few things after the move of all my acans to the frag tank. It have gave a lot of more room for all my favorite corals to grow out. :happy:

New July 4th FTS with iphone 4S camera:

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

New scape for zoa garden and scolymia

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Red Meat

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

Frag racks and Montipora collection and still collecting

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

Something ate a piece of the monti cap :(

IMG_0583.jpg

The grow rate of the bird nest is doing well ever since i switched to T5

IMG_0581-1.jpg

Neon Tree

IMG_0580.jpg

Fruit loops, Sunny D's, and Lunar Eclipse frag

IMG_0577.jpg

Fruit loops

IMG_0618.jpg

Sunny D's

IMG_0617.jpg

Lunar Eclipse

IMG_0619.jpg

Pink/Orange plate looking better each day

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

Deleted User 4

Ahh I see. Weren't you suppose to get a 4-line wrasse?? Haha. Also, why did you move your acan enchinata far away from display. That's my favorite piece in your tank ahah.

d'Espresso
Ahh I see. Weren't you suppose to get a 4-line wrasse?? Haha. Also, why did you move your acan enchinata far away from display. That's my favorite piece in your tank ahah.

Because what ever coral is unlucky and fall into the pit of doom. The acan Enchinata will kill anything in it's way. At night it extend their long string tentacles so i had to move it away. That Acan is my prized piece because i started with one head and now i have like 25 heads and many more.

I am still searching for a 4-line wrasse but i might settle for a six. The lady that own the lfs i go to said it's more aggressive then the traditional 6-line wrasse, so i am not so sure.

Very nice

Keep an eye on that monti, I hope you don't have nudis :(

:lol:

I haven't seen one yet. i be so piss if i do.

Archived