Top Shelf Aquatics

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

albertthiel
I finally got a day off from work, starting tomorrow will try to get a New FTS for July! Also gonna stop by some lfs to see if they have anything forsale.

Hope you find some interesting stuff ... good luck ... and good for you that you got off on July 4, as apparently lots and lots of businesses seem to be open

Happy 4th and good shopping

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. Watch your monti's for nudis. I have one that looks like that. Im pretty sure it's nudis. I dipped then brushed them off with a toothbrush. Once they take hold, it gets bad. I ordered a yellow coris wrasse. One of the only natural ways to get rid of them.

albertthiel
I sure did because of stupid clear flat worms. i caught one eating my orange monti cap and i was sad so i moved all the monti on the frag rack and birdnest too. Until all the flat worm is clear, i will slowly move the corals back to it place. I have changed some few things after the move of all my acans to the frag tank. It have gave a lot of more room for all my favorite corals to grow out. :happy:

What kind of clear flatworm was it d'Espresso ... and how did you get rid of it or them ? Berghia ?

Albert

Are they better then 6 line wrasse?

From the quick research I have done, the six line will work also, but seems like the yellow does a better job at controlling pests and nudis. No first hand knowledge though. maybe someone have more experience.

Deleted User 4
From the quick research I have done, the six line will work also, but seems like the yellow does a better job at controlling pests and nudis. No first hand knowledge though. maybe someone have more experience.

+1. If you think there's a possibility that you have monti nudis, you should just add a yellow corris wrasse. They're bright yellow, pretty and able to get rid of both flatworms and other pests.

d'Espresso

To late, I couldn't pass up on a great deal of 5 bucks for a 6-liner wrasse. Is that ok to take care of those pests and pods

Deleted User 4
To late, I couldn't pass up on a great deal of 5 bucks for a 6-liner wrasse. Is that ok to take care of those pests and pods

Not monti nudis.

d'Espresso

Well hopefully this little guy take care my flatworm problems and pods. When I add him in the tank, immediately he start working and searching around the entire scape. I am so happy I decided to go to the lfs today I picked up this little 6-liner wrasse and picked up a entire kinda ugly faded green acro colonie for both under $20 bucks. There were a lot of more big size colonies of bird nest for 15.00- 30 bucks but decided to hold off on those. So that I can take care of my monti and SPS problem first before I get some more. I got the SPS and fish at this new owner fish store that use to be called Aquaria Studio but changed their name to Living Reef out by university dr. in Orlando Fl. Near UCF college.

I will try to take some new pictures tonight.

Best regard

d'Espresso
looking great! I adore this scape.

I am honor you came by to check out my build. You're to kind to leave a comment like that Mr. Med TOTM. Congrats again!

Oh wow, I just watched the 6-liner wrasse tore up the clear looking flatworm. Why I did not put him in earlier.

I gotta say D, one of the best scapes i have ever seen hands down. Keep up the great work and Happy 4th :)

I think this is easily one of the top three scapes on the forum. :) Or, I should say, it is easily in my personal top three list of favorites!

d'Espresso
Very nice new pictures David.
Just wait til i updated the new pictures with some new goodies. Thanks Kat!

I gotta say D, one of the best scapes i have ever seen hands down. Keep up the great work and Happy 4th :)
Thank you kind sir! i am glad you're liking the new scape.

I think this is easily one of the top three scapes on the forum. :) Or, I should say, it is easily in my personal top three list of favorites!
Thanks Enigma! Your name remind me of the song i use to hear back in the days.

Thanks for the nice comments on the scape, i really appreciated everyone thoughts on the scape. I like open space for this setup and carefully imagine how this will grow out when i add some more SPS colonies on top. I almost finish the bottom with LPS and Softies now just gotta work out above the scape. :lol:

Any update on this sweetie pie?
Almost there buddy, just need a few more pieces and time to sit back and watch it grow out. Six liner been working really hard. i just wish it can work at night time when those flatworm comes out at night on the glass wall because i am getting tired of siphon those little pest out each night.

Good news on the rescue scoly and Bad news on one. The bigger scoly is doing much better and the Color on that coral is Mind blowing Neon Orange with a hue of green and red. i am not sure what it will look like yet but it sure got some crazy color.

The smaller scoly is not doing to good. Each day it look like it is shrinking and shrinking. It does puff up and the color look nice but it look like its disappearing. Not sure on what to do yet. Maybe i should go and get some Coral RX tomorrow and try dipping it again.

Deleted User 4

Ahh I see. Maybe you should try adding it into the 40b? Figured since it's done so well there then maybe leaving there shouldn't be too bad of an idea.

Any new pics?

Good that the sixline has an appetite for flatworms, it's a hit or miss I guess. What kind of flatworms do you have?

How's the flatworm problem coming? I've been dip crazy lately since my flatworm outbreak. Took months to get rid of aefw. Keep us updaded on the wrasse's progress.

Now that all those acan and frags are in your frag tank, just means you'll need more frags to fill in those gaps. Lol

Going to end this thread right here because there will be some new changes in a good way so please excuse the move. i will be moving this thread to a new thread. Stay tune for the next chapter PART II

Here is a sample of what's gonna happen in the next thread

IMG_0893.jpg

I will post a new thread soon to break up the long journal. thanks for following along on my journey of my little piece of the Reef!

albertthiel

What is anyone who reads this' experience with the API saltwater test kits. I have been reading varying opinions on them so just wondering.

If you are not using API what are you using if I may ask and what do you rate their accuracy at ?

Albert

What is anyone who reads this' experience with the API saltwater test kits. I have been reading varying opinions on them so just wondering.

If you are not using API what are you using if I may ask and what do you rate their accuracy at ?

Albert

Maybe we should start a thread on just that , API results.

Archived