Top Shelf Aquatics

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very impressive. Damn, some of you guys with your neat looks tick me off! Come make mine look like yours! lol.
:P Fly me over and i will. lol
Took a while to work my way through your thread but I like to start at the beginning to get the full story. Definitely sounds like you've gone through your ups and downs with this one but good grief what a masterpiece you have in the works. Although I would have spaced out those branching Acros a bit more (they grow FAST when happy and established) it's going to look like a beautiful, colorful, psychedelic forest in a few months. :wub:

The organization is top-notch, aquascape is un-freakin' real, and so your coral selection continues to compliment the layout. Glad to hear that the fish this time around have all stayed happy and healthy. Can't wait to see more pics of the Midnight clown and closer pics of the new additions.

-Adam

Oh wow Adam, thanks for checking out my thread, it's an honor.

No worry on the branching Acros, i hardly glue down any because it all sitting on a frag rocks and i can move any one of them to any place i would like to place them. Thank you for all your awesomeness comments, these comments from many other helps get where i am going with this tank. i would like to approve more other things with the tank but like they say: Don't mess things up that what is working best for now.

i will try to take some picture pretty soon, i wish i have a macro lens that i can take better pictures though

Looking good as always! :lol:
thanks buddy!

This tank is amazing!
No it is not, Your tank is awesomazing!
lol whats ur list of fish, couldn't find it through all of the pages... didn't look very hard, but will say its a beautiful tank!
Here is my current fish and inverts list, i don't think i ever update the list so here it is. Yes i know i have overstocked but all my fish is healthy and happy for the past almost 5 months plus i water change every 2 weeks about 10% every time.

Fish list:

Apogon leptacanthus (Blue Streak Cardinal) x5

Genicanthus bellus (Bellus Angelfish) x1

Amblyeleotris randalli (Orange Stripe Prawn Goby) x1 (looking for a buddy pistol shrimp)

Ecsenius bimaculatus (Two Spot Bimaculatus Blenny) x1

Pseudocheilinus hexataenia (Six Line Wrasse) x1

Chrysiptera cyanea (Orange Tail Damselfish) x1

Amphiprion ocellaris (Ora Midnight Clownfish) x1

Amphiprion ocellaris (Ora Domino Clownfish) x1

Elacatinus macrodon (Tiger Goby - Tank Raised) x1

Inverts list:

Thor amboinensis (Sexy Anemone Shrimp) x1

Lysmata amboinensis (Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp) x1

Periclimenes brevicarpalis (White Spot Anemone Shrimp) x1

Petrolisthes galathinus (Porcelain Crab) x1

Calcinus elegans (Electric Blue Hermit Crab) x1

Mithraculus sculptus (Emerald Crab) x1

Mithraculus sculptus (Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab) x5

Clibanarius tricolor (Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit) x12

Acanthopleura granulata (Fuzzy Chiton) x1

Mespilia globulus (Blue Tuxedo Urchin) x1

Slacker! No list of corals?! Bush league. ;) (Totally kidding btw, I remember what a PITA it was trying to put that list together when someone asked about my column...)

Here is my current fish and inverts list, i don't think i ever update the list so here it is. Yes i know i have overstocked but all my fish is healthy and happy for the past almost 5 months plus i water change every 2 weeks about 10% every time.

Fish list:

Apogon leptacanthus (Blue Streak Cardinal) x5

Genicanthus bellus (Bellus Angelfish) x1

Amblyeleotris randalli (Orange Stripe Prawn Goby) x1 (looking for a buddy pistol shrimp)

Ecsenius bimaculatus (Two Spot Bimaculatus Blenny) x1

Pseudocheilinus hexataenia (Six Line Wrasse) x1

Chrysiptera cyanea (Orange Tail Damselfish) x1

Amphiprion ocellaris (Ora Midnight Clownfish) x1

Amphiprion ocellaris (Ora Domino Clownfish) x1

Elacatinus macrodon (Tiger Goby - Tank Raised) x1

Inverts list:

Thor amboinensis (Sexy Anemone Shrimp) x1

Lysmata amboinensis (Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp) x1

Periclimenes brevicarpalis (White Spot Anemone Shrimp) x1

Petrolisthes galathinus (Porcelain Crab) x1

Calcinus elegans (Electric Blue Hermit Crab) x1

Mithraculus sculptus (Emerald Crab) x1

Mithraculus sculptus (Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab) x5

Clibanarius tricolor (Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit) x12

Acanthopleura granulata (Fuzzy Chiton) x1

Mespilia globulus (Blue Tuxedo Urchin) x1

Any corals?

Slacker! No list of corals?! Bush league. ;) (Totally kidding btw, I remember what a PITA it was trying to put that list together when someone asked about my column...)
Haha Aaron! I bet it going to be a PITA for me too! Most of the SPS i have no clue! i will try to name some the best way i can and hope someone else can chime in and help too.

Any corals?
Hi Albert, I will try my best to name and post some picture of each and maybe you can help I.D. for me. that would be some great help! :)

Any new pics?
Very Soon! How have you been buddy?

cool , thanks a lot for the list.. i like the mixture for sure
Thank you sir for getting my lazy self and list out all the fish and inverts. i didn't know i have a few. i just need to more fish and i should be completed. Sadly i can not find my tiger goby anywhere so i think he is M.I.A.

I also forgot to include my Pom Pom Crab on the invert list.

Great aqua scape, lovin it!!
I am itching my hand to change it. Thanks!

Hit me up in once that bellus outgrows your tank, I want one. :)
I just saw some more at my LFS, they have 3 more. I just got mine back from ick breakout so lucky my LFS let me QT in his QT tank for 3 weeks. So far so good the Bellus Angelfish is enjoy herself in there. That's my prize fish. lol

Well, Thanks everyone for getting my lazy self to post up some new updates. I just got back from the LFS tonight and i definitely picked up some nice corals to add to the tank. Also so happy i finally pick up my first Green Slimer SPS and first Palau Neon Green Nepthea frag to my coral collections. :happy:

Hi Albert, I will try my best to name and post some picture of each and maybe you can help I.D. for me. that would be some great help! :)

I will sure try ... just post them on my thread David and others and myself will try to give you the answers. Thanks

jedimasterben
I just saw some more at my LFS, they have 3 more. I just got mine back from ick breakout so lucky my LFS let me QT in his QT tank for 3 weeks. So far so good the Bellus Angelfish is enjoy herself in there. That's my prize fish. lol

How much do they want for them? And a bellus (and all genicanthus angels) get way too large for a 40B... unless there's an upgrade in your future that you're not telling us about. ;)

lol, a nice chain reaction -- now you have to nicely list all the corals! lol lol

Thanks, i probably take some out to add some colorful fish but the list of corals, That will take some time to get all corals ID. This gonna be fun!

I will sure try ... just post them on my thread David and others and myself will try to give you the answers. Thanks
ok, I will try to start with some softies first, then LPS, last will be SPS

How much do they want for them? And a bellus (and all genicanthus angels) get way too large for a 40B... unless there's an upgrade in your future that you're not telling us about. ;)
i saw some for 120-110 for the Bellus but I can get discount for 98.00. But u gotta come by an pick up. Lol

Because they get stress pretty okay but if u keep it stress free then u be okay!

New FTS for September! Woot woot finally made it to 5 months without changing things around also got some more corals and collector frags

IMG_2329.jpg

Looks great! I love the sps, I hope mine grow in as good as yours!
SPS is kinda hard to keep for this tank which because the zoas and palys is taking over. I hope i can get them longer and grow them out with healthy colorful sticks.

No worries the way your tank is looking now, you will soon will have it grow out in no time devil!

Must be nice to just let it grow and not move things around. I'll be there soon.
I still can move things around but my lazy self haven't been keep up with this tank so i been letting it sit and run and grow out. My hands are itching to give it a new aquascape look but haven't find a time to do it yet. Yes you will be there soon! My tank been only 5 months young so there is still alot of progress to catch up and learn

Great Sept. pic! Tank looks fantastic! Everthing is growing in so nice!!!
Thanks Buddy! I wish they would grow out faster and not die on off. lol

Happy Labor Day!

Today i pick out some goodies to go into my grow out tank. I am so happy right now and can't wait to get it ship here on wednesday late afternoon. This is WYSIWYG and the customer service is top notch and very fast reply and email. Here is what is coming in: Cabbage Patch, Fruit Loops, LA Lakers, Emeralds on Fire, and Chong Bongs. I have been searching for these zoa/ palys for years and couldn't find any around my area. So yeah i am one happy guy right now.

551646_280535408717349_240790492_n.jpg

Also i picked up some Purple Death and Green explosion this morning from a member here on Nano reef but found them on Craiglist.

Happy Labor Day!

Today i pick out some goodies to go into my grow out tank. I am so happy right now and can't wait to get it ship here on wednesday late afternoon. This is WYSIWYG and the customer service is top notch and very fast reply and email. Here is what is coming in: Cabbage Patch, Fruit Loops, LA Lakers, Emeralds on Fire, and Chong Bongs. I have been searching for these zoa/ palys for years and couldn't find any around my area. So yeah i am one happy guy right now.

551646_280535408717349_240790492_n.jpg

Also i picked up some Purple Death and Green explosion this morning from a member here on Nano reef but found them on Craiglist.

Ha, I think good looking zoas and palys are just as stunning as any sps! And.....those are stunning!

Where did you order them from??

Archived