ReefCleaners.org

*My broken 40B Mix Reef

d'Espresso

You can check him out on Facebook - frag junky. Tell him david sent you from nano-reef!

They have some gorgeous Rics and I posted a whole series of pictures of them to my thread just this morning.

They are on page 169, post # 3377.

You may wish to have a look at those as well as some of them are really super colorful !

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TeflonTomDosh
Ok received the frags this morning and I am one happy puppy! Delivery and packaging is superior. I can't believe the fact that He put each frag in each separated seal containers. Also on top of that He put in a mystery frag as a Bonus which i only order 5 only but i got 6 instead.. So here is my feed back about Frag Junky.com Thank you so much if you ever read this

file-6.jpg

tfile.jpg

file-1.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-7.jpg

Go to Facebook and Like his page >> FRAG JUNKY << Tell Him David sent you from Nano-reef.com Yep this is where i purchase them from and everything is WYSIWYG. Best packing ever i ever received from anyone. Definitely Most recommended!

Best Regard,

David

Oh nice, dude friended me the other day :D

Wait what?!!?!
oh ok..What happened?
WHAT ????
Oh nice, dude friended me the other day :D
Cool, you got PM
Superb frags. What happened to the tank David?
Dave what happend to the tank? Do you need me to hold anything? I have extra room if needed.
Thanks Bro, i got your number.
David........wtf? I hope everthing is OK.

This is what i get for doing waterchange and monthly maintenance at 2 am in the morning. :(

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

I freaked out and just use tape to hold it but i don't think it could hold for long.

Cool, you got PM

Thanks Bro, i got your number.

I freaked out and just use tape to hold it but i don't think it could hold for long.

How did this happen ... did you knock something into the front of the tank? Or did a rock fall and hit it. Looks like the seams are coming loose too. Is this glass (looks like it) or acrylic ?

Are the cracks spreading if that is what I see ? Maybe glueing it with some special type may hold it all together although I agree it may not look all that good. What are you planning to do? And if the seams are coming apart, IME that will unfortunately continue I think.

Sorry for what happened.

Ahhh!!!!! I am glad everything is ok!
Everything is doing fine. Had to do an Emergency transfer!

dude, i got a drilled 40b on standby for you if you wanna drive over & get it real quick.

7522006414_60f4334f02_b.jpg

Thanks you, i appreciated for that offer.

Ah, I see, you got drunk and accidentally shot your tank instead of the TV. :P

Seriously, that could have been a lot worse. Glad you are getting it taken care of.

I thought you were taking the tank down and getting out of the hobby!

How did this happen ... did you knock something into the front of the tank? Or did a rock fall and hit it. Looks like the seams are coming loose too. Is this glass (looks like it) or acrylic ?

Are the cracks spreading if that is what I see ? Maybe glueing it with some special type may hold it all together although I agree it may not look all that good. What are you planning to do? And if the seams are coming apart, IME that will unfortunately continue I think.

Sorry for what happened.

I was doing my monthly water change and cleaning maintenance around 12-2am in morning because for several weeks i was neglecting the tank and corals wasn't looking to happy except for all my zoas and palys were growing like wild fires. When i was getting ready to put back my frag racks back where i wanted to be the magnets that holds the frag rack was so strong that the mag slip out of my fingers and snap into the glass where the rack was at. i heard a big crack and looked over and saw the crack. My heart just sank and i was not so happy. I got worried that it will not hold up overtime and will cause a major leak if i left the tank like that. I also had work the next day at 10am. i was frustrated, tired, and exhausted.

Lucky i have not return the extra 40g breeder tank that i bought last month from the dollar per gallon Sales they have at Petco.

IMG_2435.jpg

Thanks you Chris J (inspected by JESUS) that's what it said on the tag. LOL

IMG_2436.jpg

So i went to sleep and called in the next day that i will come to work late. I got my little rest and took my daughter to daycare, stopped at lowes and pickup a 35g tub to hold my water. Got home and started the break down. Here is the out come.

Last picture before the break down

IMG_2441.jpg

Moved most of the softies and LPS to the QT nice and packed.

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

Moved the Scape into the tub and siphon most of the water i can

IMG_2449.jpg

Siphon all the water out and replaced the tank

IMG_2450.jpg

The replace tank is workable but i am not that happy with the black trim. I didn't have time to spray it white so probably couple days later i might tape up the glass and maybe use plastic paint and paint it by hand. Not spray!

I try to get my same scape but you all know how that goes. I put back all the corals and fish back and everyone seem to be doing fine. This time i put a slightly sand bed instead of 2" sand bed.

So after all the problem and solving. My journey will continue on the next thread! Stay on the look out for everyone that had followed my thread and for new comers. Thanks you for joining on my journey!

Peace Out!

David

It's good to see you didn't let a tragedy force you to take a break from the hobby. I'm sure this tank will be as epic as the last. Are you keeping the same scape and everything or are you doing something different? I might have to make an order from the guy you got those frags from. I just got a 30 gallon innovative marine tank that I am planning to stock with high end stuff like that.

Here is a teaser pics of replacement tank of today after the 2 days disaster.

Great to see ... and a quick turnaround !

Good for you and happy you were able to get everything going again

Power to You !

Archived