Innovative Marine Aquariums

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

LOL. That was a left over from my wife's birthday the other day. She hit the big 3-0 so I threw her a kiddy birthday party to remind her she was still young and vibrant.

On another note, I just rested my forearm on a hot soldering iron a few minutes ago. Man that was a dumb move. Still I forge on. Should be done with the fixture tonight.

what is the specs on the fixture and led kit you are using

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
basicfisherman
How many LEDs do would need on a 54g corner? I am worried enough light wouldn't get to the bottom because of the depth (20in). Would the 36 kit be enough?

I have the 36 LED kit on a 29 BC. In my opinion I would do more then 36 myself but I think that 36 would work just fine. Others mite disagree though.

what is the specs on the fixture and led kit you are using

I'm bought the 72 led kit and I used 64(half royal blue, half cool white) in my fixture. HOT DAMN they're bright. I just finished putting it together. I'll mount it after I get the par tested on Saturday.

I e-mailed Ray twice two weeks ago, and haven't heard anything from him. I am definitely not going to build a fixture for a friend of mine from that company. Would much rather spend more on a Cree fixture from Rapid LED eg.

I e-mailed Ray twice two weeks ago, and haven't heard anything from him. I am definitely not going to build a fixture for a friend of mine from that company. Would much rather spend more on a Cree fixture from Rapid LED eg.

I think Ray is very busy. Only answers after an order is placed, but then very quickly.

I think Ray is very busy. Only answers after an order is placed, but then very quickly.

Well, what kind of business is that? I need hos 420nm Violet LEDs but they are out of stock. E-mailed him and asked when they will be back in stock, as I need many for 2 builds I am doing. No reply.

Well, what kind of business is that? I need hos 420nm Violet LEDs but they are out of stock. E-mailed him and asked when they will be back in stock, as I need many for 2 builds I am doing. No reply.

He said to me that it will be available on this weekend. And yes its a bit annoying, that he is not replying to e-mails. I wrote him a moth ago, and still not answer.:/

He said to me that it will be available on this weekend. And yes its a bit annoying, that he is not replying to e-mails. I wrote him a moth ago, and still not answer.:/

Guess I just have to watch his site this weekend then. The builds I'm doing are not for me and the guys I'm building for want it to be as cheap as possible. Myself, I have Cree, Osram and Rebel LEDs with Meanwell drivers.

Anybody have any input on how hot the MaxWellen drivers get? I have the 24 dimmable kit and plan on placing both drivers in a project box. Will they get too hot in the box if a do not have a fan in there running with them? I have the that came with the kit could use or would they be fine if i just cut ventalation slots in the box?

Update: Fixture Complete... Time for pics

IMG076.jpg

Blues... Half with optics half without

IMG077.jpg

Whites... Half with optics half without

IMG078.jpg

Both... Half with optics half without

IMG079.jpg

Off... all optics

IMG083.jpg

On...

IMG085.jpg

Soldering Iron Burn...

IMG086.jpg

Just some FYI for others looking at these kits. I ordered my 24 LED kit on Feb. 8th and it was just delivered to me 10 minutes ago Feb.17th. Not bad for shipping half way around the world in my book.

Tim

Just some FYI for others looking at these kits. I ordered my 24 LED kit on Feb. 8th and it was just delivered to me 10 minutes ago Feb.17th. Not bad for shipping half way around the world in my book.

Tim

Same here. order shipped on a Tuesday and got to me the following Monday

I was floored by this... 24 hrs.....not taking into account time changes

Feb 15, 2012 8:33 AMOn FedEx vehicle for deliveryWEST CHESTER, PA

Feb 15, 2012 8:14 AMAt local FedEx facilityWEST CHESTER, PA

Feb 15, 2012 5:44 AMAt destination sort facilityPHILADELPHIA, PA

Feb 15, 2012 3:43 AMDeparted FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN

Feb 14, 2012 11:58 PMInternational shipment release - ImportMEMPHIS, TN

Feb 14, 2012 10:27 PMArrived at FedEx locationMEMPHIS, TN

Feb 14, 2012 10:18 PMIn transitCHEK LAP KOK HK

Feb 14, 2012 7:32 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityKWUN TONG HK

Shipped 3 business days after the order

I'm bought the 72 led kit and I used 64(half royal blue, half cool white) in my fixture. HOT DAMN they're bright. I just finished putting it together. I'll mount it after I get the par tested on Saturday.

after seeing yours I order another kit i will soon have 72 over my 40B

Update: Fixture Complete... Time for pics

IMG076.jpg

Blues... Half with optics half without

IMG077.jpg

Whites... Half with optics half without

IMG078.jpg

Both... Half with optics half without

IMG079.jpg

Off... all optics

IMG083.jpg

On...

IMG085.jpg

Soldering Iron Burn...

IMG086.jpg

Looks super clean! Nice job on the gutted tek fixture

Looks super clean! Nice job on the gutted tek fixture

Thanks. I didn't plan it but the tek light fixture worked out perfectly for what I was trying to do.

after seeing yours I order another kit i will soon have 72 over my 40B

Awesome. Remember... pics or it didn't happen :D

I cant wait to get these par tested but A warning to everyone... dont look directly at them at 100% for too long. After I did that I think I know what tripping out on acid feels like.

I cant wait to get these par tested but A warning to everyone... dont look directly at them at 100% for too long. After I did that I think I know what tripping out on acid feels like.

Hows the body high from those led's man? lol

Very clean light, nice job.

I'll be the first to collect on member fees :P

And yes - if you are having a hard time getting in touch with ray - I understand why the reluctant.. However if you trust all the other judgements on here - He is the one to get

How many LEDs do would need on a 54g corner? I am worried enough light wouldn't get to the bottom because of the depth (20in). Would the 36 kit be enough?

Sorry for nto replying earlier.. the 36 kit could definatly be enough - depending on rock work etc etc.. You would kinda have to plan this out drastically - But to really overkill you can get a bigger kit work with ray to do a custom 48 kit or something along those lines.

Does anyone have a phone # for them? I have emailed them twice in the last week and 1/2 with no response. I want to include the meanwell instead of the Maxwellen drivers.

I ordered my kit tuesday night and FINALLY got a response from Ray on Wednesday. I guess he doesn't email you back until you order. But, he was EXTREMELY helpful and altered my order to better suit my needs. So far, so good. He says he will be shipping my kit monday and should have it by next weekend. I am surely looking forward to it and will post my build for all to see!

Archived