Pod Your Reef

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joining the club! Ordered my 36 LED kit yesterday but with a bigger heatsink. Not sure if 36 will be enough for my 50g so i left room for additions if it's needed.

Looks like mine is stuck at awaiting fulfillment. I am worse than the kids lol, it could be a set of rechargeable batteries coming in the mail and I'm all on the lookout all week long!!!!

Entering day 2... order still says Awaiting Fulfillment. Losing my mind waiting... (so excited for these lights!!) How long did it take for you guys to see any updates on the order process?

I placed my order on 1/27 and it is still in the "Awaiting Fulfillment" stage

GAAAH!!!!

I keep checking the site every few minutes.. Ima give it a week before I even look at the site again.

I had True Violets in my order so maybe thats what is holding it up because i saw in an earlier post that someone said the were out of stock. But Ray didnt mention anything to me when I said I wanted them added to my order

72 LED build from Aqua-style for my 75 gallon which is 48"x18"21"

http://www.aquastyleonline.com/products/72...mmable-Kit.html

Looking to do a 3:2 ratio looking at 44 blues and royal blues and 28 whites, natural whites.

So would it be a good idea to do like 22 RB, 22 Blues, 14 CW and 14 NW? or what ratio?

and here is the layout i am thinking of the lights

75GalLayout.png

(paint LOL)

I'm looking to have it about 10" off the water with 60 degree optics. Im also thinking for the heat-sinks need to be (14-16)"x10" and gonna do 2 of them.

Opinions would be awesome especially on the heat-sinks and LED ratios

I had True Violets in my order so maybe thats what is holding it up because i saw in an earlier post that someone said the were out of stock. But Ray didnt mention anything to me when I said I wanted them added to my order

Not sure that's correct because I just ordered the basic blue/white combo on the 27th as well and am in the same boat of hearing nothing yet. Perhaps they are still backed up from Chinese New Year vacation.

I ordered on the 18th ( 19 according to their records ). I got an immediate response ( acceptance of the order ) and then a week later a reply- awaiting fulfillment. Later I got a PM message on the AS site that it had shipped and included tracking info. Package arrived yesterday. ( actually Monday- but they left a call tag )

Ray included 2 420 LEDs that were listed as out of stock- but I added a note to please add them to my order should they become available before my order ships. He did not charge me anything extra for the 2 420's

Yup for anyone inquiring about recent orders Ray said the delay is due to the new year holiday so they will be shipping soon. No worries here as I have heard great things about his customer service and quality.

I'm in the same boat as u jaynkeel, I hate waiting and I ordered mine Im the 27th, still in awaiting fullfilment. But I'm super excited to get it :D

No worries :) i dont think it is a mluti person operation - i think its just him crazy as hell doing all the shipping! :)

I'm in the same boat as u jaynkeel, I hate waiting and I ordered mine Im the 27th, still in awaiting fullfilment. But I'm super excited to get it :D

Yep excited here too but also my lights are currently on the fritz so it's more of an urgency of necessity for me too. I am hoping to nurse my current lights along till the order gets here so as to not have to rush to assemble the new fixture.

Just wanted to submit our entry:

_DSC1286.jpg

We went with the 36 Dimmable kit in 50/50 CW and RB over our 40 breeder. We've had the light for two months now, and coral coloration and growth has been amazing. They run fairly cool on our custom U-channel heat sinks built into our custom canopy lid.

YOU GUYS ARE NOT HELPING!!!!!!!!!!

Me want lights naaaaawwwwwww!!!!!!

ok... rant complete... im good now... back to refreshing the aquastyles order page relentlessly.

YOU GUYS ARE NOT HELPING!!!!!!!!!!

Me want lights naaaaawwwwwww!!!!!!

ok... rant complete... im good now... back to refreshing the aquastyles order page relentlessly.

Like I said before Ray told me order won't ship till Monday so I am guessing you ordered the same time as me so expect the same. :D You're probably like me used to ordering from places like newegg that whip your order out and to you in 2 days.

Like I said before Ray told me order won't ship till Monday so I am guessing you ordered the same time as me so expect the same. :D You're probably like me used to ordering from places like newegg that whip your order out and to you in 2 days.

okay-face.jpg

Got my 36 led kit today excelent service excelent condition everything!I had to cut my heatsink because i ll put it on my rsm130 I did found a way to secure the heatsink in the hood!Those leds are bright!next step soldering!Thanks Ray!

Got my 36 led kit today excelent service excelent condition everything!I had to cut my heatsink because i ll put it on my rsm130 I did found a way to secure the heatsink in the hood!Those leds are bright!next step soldering!Thanks Ray!

Hey what's the diameter of each of the LEDs?

Just wanted to submit our entry:

_DSC1286.jpg

We went with the 36 Dimmable kit in 50/50 CW and RB over our 40 breeder. We've had the light for two months now, and coral coloration and growth has been amazing. They run fairly cool on our custom U-channel heat sinks built into our custom canopy lid.

That looks nice. How far are they hanging off the water?

Hey what's the diameter of each of the LEDs?

2cm.

I ve finished the diy led kit.16 rb 16 white 10.000k 4 UV(actinic)with no optics.Although i bought 2 red I decided not to solder them because they where extra extra bright.All the parts excelent quality(wires,leds,heatsink,even the plaster glue)Only the potensiometers (dimmers)seems to have some breaks during turning but since it is set everything ok.

imag0208t.jpg

imag0211wg.jpg

Let there be light!

That looks nice. How far are they hanging off the water?

Thank you! They're hanging about 8" above the water line with the 60 degree optics.

Here's some more pics of the light fixture and the LED's.

_DSC1320.jpg

_DSC1322.jpg

_DSC1323.jpg

White and Blue on lowest setting.

_DSC1325.jpg

White 100%

_DSC1326.jpg

Blue 100%

_DSC1327.jpg

White and Blue 100%

_DSC1328.jpg

We tend to leave the LED's on at about 85% Blue and 80% White, at 100% it's a little too bright.

Archived