Top Shelf Aquatics

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

Here is my retrofit for my 10 gallon Ar-380. I replaced the stock 11w pc lighting in the hood with a 10 LED Aquastyles 50/50 kit.

What do you guys think?

Your retro looks great, job well done :D .

I've been eying these for awhile and had to ask the Aquastyle users if you guys hook these up to a regular generic timer? Or should I just get the meanwell drivers + RKL with it? That's the only thing that's been bugging me before buying one.

I have my on regular timer; new additions may dash around for cover when the lights went on, but eventually they get used to it :o .

If you have the budget for RKL, then I would go for it because more than likely you will get RKL sooner or later.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ordered a kit for a 10g last week. I guess I should see it in about two weeks or so?

depends on when it ships - 2 weeks is usually the max - I know i had to wait on my sump light - that was by choice.. so others could get their products first. As i did not 'need' it right away kind of thing

I have my on regular timer; new additions may dash around for cover when the lights went on, but eventually they get used to it ohmy.gif .

If you have the budget for RKL, then I would go for it because more than likely you will get RKL sooner or later.

Yea, I think I will end up with a RKL soon. I'm just wondering if it's okay to use the Maxwell drivers on the RKL for only ON/OFF timer, not for the dawn/dusk settings. I figured I'll find the brightness I like via potentiometer and let the RKL turn the lights on/off for me.

Ordered a kit for a 10g last week. I guess I should see it in about two weeks or so?

Probably less. They will send an email when it ships. Mine about a week.

It can take Ray a day or 2 or 3 to get back to you.....

I still did not got answer. First email I sent 20 days ago:/ I dare not buy the kit before an answer.

Whats up with Ray? Is he on holiday?:)

I still did not got answer. First email I sent 20 days ago:/ I dare not buy the kit before an answer.

Whats up with Ray? Is he on holiday?:)

From www.aquastyleonline.com:

"18th Jan 2012

Due to Chinese New Year comming soon (holiday 22nd-27th Jan), the delivery may take longer time than usual. Thank you for understanding. Your patience would be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!"

From www.aquastyleonline.com:

"18th Jan 2012

Due to Chinese New Year comming soon (holiday 22nd-27th Jan), the delivery may take longer time than usual. Thank you for understanding. Your patience would be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!"

So, like I said- should be about 2-3 weeks right? :rolleyes:

Ah well, once again a reefer's patience must come into play.

...still sux tho :lol:

Thanks for that TMG- I'll wait another week before I start to worry. Happy New Year Ray. :happy:

Wow, didn't realize this became such a popular idea after I posted the original thread. My kit has been going pretty good but I did have one driver fail. Running 16 blues and 12 whites after I decided 16/9 was too blue. I still think it is too blue but it is getting there.

Wow, didn't realize this became such a popular idea after I posted the original thread. My kit has been going pretty good but I did have one driver fail. Running 16 blues and 12 whites after I decided 16/9 was too blue. I still think it is too blue but it is getting there.

hah yea You posted I might have been the first to purchase these I don't know for sure - i guess we can /flaunt ego on order numbers none the less. We all owe you a big thanks for finding the kits! As soon as i got mine in i drew up the Build thread - and they are excellent. Strange you had a driver go bad, did you have to few led's on it? just wondering

So am I correct in thinking that the 24 led dimable kit would be perfect for a 28 gallon jbj nanocube? Obviously with a little cutting down on the heatsink so it will fit.

My order left Chek Lap Kok yesterday and arrived in Memphis today. Even with the Chinese New Year holiday it looks like I may see my stuff in under two weeks. Certainly not bad at all.

basicfisherman
So am I correct in thinking that the 24 led dimable kit would be perfect for a 28 gallon jbj nanocube? Obviously with a little cutting down on the heatsink so it will fit.

I would go with the 36 kit myself. I say the 36 kit as you can dim it if need be and why not have enough if you need or want that much light. Just my 2 cents.

I would go with the 36 kit myself. I say the 36 kit as you can dim it if need be and why not have enough if you need or want that much light. Just my 2 cents.

Well I went with the 24 with dimmers. Should be about right though for my tank as I have my rock arranged as a pillar dead center of the tank with only some shrooms down low in the sand. All I know is I am so done with this damn hqi crap with this tank, been a constant battle just keeping it from dusting up every couple of weeks and clicking off the thermal switch causing the lights to go on and off. Even after a through cleaning of the entire hood I am thinking the cooling fans are losing efficiency causing some of the problems.

So when your order ships with them do they notify through email or something, like with a tracking info? I'd rather not pester them with so basic questions seeing as many here have placed orders in the past.

Archived