Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
basicfisherman

Finally have some pictures to show of my setup. It is a 36 LED setup with 18 10000k and 18 Royal Blues. I have the heatsink set into a BioCube 29 hood. I am glad I went for the stock look by having it set into the original hood. I would like to thank BBoss for the giving me the guts to go for it. Here is his thread. The only things I did different was I didn't use the motherboard stand offs. I just cut all the posts on the inside of the hood off except for the 4 used to hold the heat sink on.

post-26135-1326176234_thumb.jpg

post-26135-1326176291_thumb.jpg

Do you see growth with the 36 led setup ? I am waiting for a 36 rays led kit to put them on my rsm130 stock hood without lens.I want to grow 7-8 sps frags (mostly milies)that i hav in my 17gal with 4XT5 lighting.

basicfisherman

Right now I have a few softies in my tank. It is pretty barren in the tank as I'm in the process of starting over from scratch. I have also only had the lights on the tank for about 2 days. Bboss has a similiar setup that has been running longer. Maybe he would be able chime in or someone else with the 36 LED setup.

Can someone say OVERKILL?! :D Looks great Sanchez

gd dude 48 over a 24 gallon lol!! Looks like you have a LOT of wasted light ;) i bet that is INTENSE though hah

Lol, I made the fixture for the 40br that is 99% done, just gotta get the overflow and drill it. Next payday I'll be ordering that so I can finally get this tank up and running!

I put the new light on the tank to keep mah clams happy in the meantime hahah :)

Finally have some pictures to show of my setup. It is a 36 LED setup with 18 10000k and 18 Royal Blues. I have the heatsink set into a BioCube 29 hood. I am glad I went for the stock look by having it set into the original hood. I would like to thank BBoss for the giving me the guts to go for it. Here is his thread. The only things I did different was I didn't use the motherboard stand offs. I just cut all the posts on the inside of the hood off except for the 4 used to hold the heat sink on.

you've done a very nice job, man. Well done. :D

Do you see growth with the 36 led setup ? I am waiting for a 36 rays led kit to put them on my rsm130 stock hood without lens.I want to grow 7-8 sps frags (mostly milies)that i hav in my 17gal with 4XT5 lighting.

I have a very similar 36 LED build as basicfisherman on my BC29. I've had my setup for about three weeks, running at about 75% intensity currently. I am not sure if the zoas, softies, and LPS are growing but they certainly expanding much larger, and they have started colouring up as well.

I don't have SPS at this moment, but would like to try sometime down the road.

Alex, the growth rate on these things is unbelievable to be honest.. I just got some new frags, with new pics so i could kind of judge. My other colony is too big to try and comprehend. My SPS love it, and it has grown and is started 3 new branches.. i cant really judge size, they all went through a bit of a shock when moving it. my finger leather has grown to double its size since i set mine up

Thank you all! I m just waiting for my cycle to end now (NO3<20)let the tank mature and I hope to steal some time when the leds arive to assemble the lighting kit and not to worry about getting new bulbs for the next 3-4 years!I did my homework!Thanks again.

basicfisherman
Thank you all! I m just waiting for my cycle to end now (NO3<20)let the tank mature and I hope to steal some time when the leds arive to assemble the lighting kit and not to worry about getting new bulbs for the next 3-4 years!I did my homework!Thanks again.

How is the build coming Alexpsycho?

16 royal blue,14 white 10.000k,4 UV,and 2 red.I want to use 3 controlers. :) I ll start with the 2 maxxellen ones and when i ll have time and money to spend I ll upgrade to meanwell+adruino microcomputer for sunset-sunrise. cheers

I finally got my 24 led kit put over my ten gallon. I like it but it seems kind of dim. I only have it at about 50% cause I don't want to burn anything

Ordered a 6x 10k & 6x blue leds, dimmable maxwellen (7-12) driver, 3.7"X0.9"X11.9" heat sink, 80 degree optics, and hanging kit on the 8th and it is currently in Alaska, estimated arrival date the 18th. Will take pics of unboxing and the build. Quick question i had, I was going to put 8 leds total. but i figured i would put all 12 on because its dimmable and heard it would extend the leds total life span. any suggestions? tank its going on is a 3.5g... don't want to fry my tank and don't want to fry the leds... Heat sink big enough for 12 leds? Thanx

Hello Guys!

Do you know something about Aquastyle?

I wrote them several times, but got no answer.

Thanks,

A.

It can take Ray a day or 2 or 3 to get back to you.....

Does anyone have any feedback on the use of the UV leds that are offered with the kits? Do they really make a difference in any growth or are they more for color and look?

Got my 8 led kit in and they sent me 10 so Ill be installing all of them for my 10 gallon.

Quick question.

How long did you guys wait after using the thermal plaster to start the wiring?

Im letting it dry as it we speak!

Got my 8 led kit in and they sent me 10 so Ill be installing all of them for my 10 gallon.

Quick question.

How long did you guys wait after using the thermal plaster to start the wiring?

Im letting it dry as it we speak!

It says the thermal plaster dries in 10 minutes, so I waited about 15-20 minutes before wiring mine. A couple of mine were still a bit wet at that point though, so I just had to be careful not to slide them around while wiring. I'd say mine weren't 100% dry until I left them overnight.

Thanks!

One more question,

Did you use the wires they provided or buy your own?

Im going to the hardware store anyways to buy some supplies.

What kind of wires would you recommend?

Does anyone have any feedback on the use of the UV leds that are offered with the kits? Do they really make a difference in any growth or are they more for color and look?

I couldnt tell you to be honest.. I still have them plugged into mine - they dont give off visible light, you may best be sticking to a variety of colors.. I dont think it harms anything though so i jus tleave them

Yes i used his wires, it is not bad quality wire at all, very flexible and he gives plenty. - I would not get any to be honest, you'll either find stuff that is to thin or too thick ( as in insulation) they dont have a ton of juice flowing through them

Thanks!

One more question,

I just used the wire they provided. The only reason I'd recommend buying more is to get a second color so you can wire all the LEDs on one dimmer with one color and all the LEDs on the other dimmer with another color. It just makes it a bit less confusing. I did it all in the one color they gave me and just had to pay attention when I was wiring.

I just used the wire they provided. The only reason I'd recommend buying more is to get a second color so you can wire all the LEDs on one dimmer with one color and all the LEDs on the other dimmer with another color. It just makes it a bit less confusing. I did it all in the one color they gave me and just had to pay attention when I was wiring.

This - if you ask him, I'm sure he would throw in an extra wire of a different color :)

Super helpful!

@Felicia

My kit is for a 10 gallon and is pretty small. So I only have one driver for both white and blue. So the coloring shouldn't be to much of a problem.

@Trogdor

I was just looking at your build thread and I was wondering why you sodered the squares instead of the little connector.

Is it just easier?

Super helpful!

@Felicia

My kit is for a 10 gallon and is pretty small. So I only have one driver for both white and blue. So the coloring shouldn't be to much of a problem.

@Trogdor

I was just looking at your build thread and I was wondering why you sodered the squares instead of the little connector.

Is it just easier?

From what I know about soldering (which isn't much), I believe the little squares are what you're supposed to solder. Those actually are the connections. There should be two positives and two negatives on each one, so just solder to one of the positive ones and one of the negative ones.

Archived